RoFR back??

In theory, Disney Could buy sell 1000 points out of the 2 percent that they have to hold back, so that the sale is all from one unit, and cover the 2 percent with multiple other contracts, if Disney wanted the sale...

However, I think Sandisw is correct in saying Disney would transfer 1000 points in multiple contracts..... In one use year.... If at all....

If all the points are in a single use year the fact that they are in one contract would only HURT the buyer in the long run....

You are never going to sell a 1000 point contract for anywhere near what ten 100 points contract would bring..
Years back, I tracked deeds for a couple resorts. In both cases, Disney never sold more than 98% off any unit. I recall debate on the topic, but Disney never broke that limit.

Agree all the points for a single contract are bad. However, the person who has a large contract drawn up and sent to them is under no legal obligation to sign and go through with the purchase. That is my point on someone having the ability to manipulate things (small portion in overall scheme). When we are talking a handful of ROFR contacts, any larger (even a GW for a 2BR) could impact things.

Years back, I tracked deeds for a couple resorts. In both cases, Disney never sold more than 98% off any unit. I recall debate on the topic, but Disney never broke that limit.

Agree all the points for a single contract are bad. However, the person who has a large contract drawn up and sent to them is under no legal obligation to sign and go through with the purchase. That is my point on someone having the ability to manipulate things (small portion in overall scheme). When we are talking a handful of ROFR contacts, any larger (even a GW for a 2BR) could impact things.
Yes, they never broke that limit because, it a law….
but the law states disney or any developer must retain 2 percent ….. it does not, to the best of my knowledge, say it has to be to original two percent

Makes sense they would try to sell multiple contracts from multiple units. If it were a GW for a contract, they must come from the same unit though.

Yes, they would. And, getting a 1000 point contract when a resort is in active sales…like RIV…would not be a problem…or at the beginning of BPK sales when they had tons of points.

But, sold out resorts are different…DVD does have to keep a certain % of the resort that can’t be sold, but they do not keep them all tied to the same unit…they own a portion of each one…partially to keep them as part owner of each.

Once sold out, DVD can only sell points to units it has and in ROFR, the contract they take back cant change the unit those points were assigned to when the resort started.

That is why, anyone who did hypothetically decide they want a large amount of points at that sold out resort, they would have to wait until DVD had them..which is impossible to get via ROFR wince those selling may not have points for the same unit.

Yes, they never broke that limit because, it a law….
but the law states disney or any developer must retain 2 percent ….. it does not, to the best of my knowledge, say it has to be to original two percent

It does not have to be, but they will never sell 100% of any unit, so whether it’s points owned from the beginning or points taken back, DVD always maintains at least 2% of every single unit…

I didn't know where to post this while browsing both the VGF price increase thread and ROFR thread. This one seemed like the best place.

Does anyone think the ROFR on VGF1 contracts is truly because VGF2/BPK is close to selling out and DVD is trying to acquire additional inventory to sell "sold out" at VGF when the price goes up?

I didn't know where to post this while browsing both the VGF price increase thread and ROFR thread. This one seemed like the best place.

Does anyone think the ROFR on VGF1 contracts is truly because VGF2/BPK is close to selling out and DVD is trying to acquire additional inventory to sell "sold out" at VGF when the price goes up?
My guide told me they’re in “Sell out phase” whatever that means internally

Is RoFR increasing back to previous activity levels or does it seem more like dabbling?

Is RoFR increasing back to previous activity levels or does it seem more like dabbling?
Dabbling bluff. Going from 1000+ ROFRs in 2022 to less than a dozen in 2023….

ROFR won’t return in any meaningful way, shape, or form. DVC resale price momentum hit a wall May 2021. BLT resale was regularly $200 and just stopped going up. ROFR carried through into 2022, as real estate still climbed, then interest rates put a halt on that.

My call back in January of this year was BLT = $100 resale. I’m seeing mid-$120s contracts sitting. Disney+ will have big subscriber losses upcoming between price hikes + Verizon overhauling their phone plans. You used to get Disney+ Bundle “for free” and now it’s a $10 adder. Grandfathered plans still offer it, but Verizon just added surcharges to the cheapest grandfathered plan to get you into their new plans. As attrition works its way through those planholders, Disney will get less subscriber credit.

You add in the content strike for writers/actors. Softening park attendance. You see restaurant reservations opening and loosening up. I don’t see how Disney, with all these headwinds, gives the green light to ROFR. It’ll be drain-circling. Instead of BLT falling from $125 to $100, it’ll be $125, $122, $120, $120, $117, $112…. with random ROFRs to give brokers something to intimidate buyers/boost seller’s price resilience.

There’s just a lot of price inertia. Real estate agents are just now realizing it’s not May 2022. I have a relative selling their house—agent listed it at $325k. Been on market for over a month; multiple price cuts and now $199k. Still nothing. Agents are delusional. They’re just now realizing 7-8% mortgages cannot possibly work on 2022 housing prices. DVC is competing with all of this.

ROFR won’t return in any meaningful way, shape, or form. DVC resale price momentum hit a wall May 2021. BLT resale was regularly $200 and just stopped going up. ROFR carried through into 2022, as real estate still climbed, then interest rates put a halt on that.

My call back in January of this year was BLT = $100 resale. I’m seeing mid-$120s contracts sitting. Disney+ will have big subscriber losses upcoming between price hikes + Verizon overhauling their phone plans. You used to get Disney+ Bundle “for free” and now it’s a $10 adder. Grandfathered plans still offer it, but Verizon just added surcharges to the cheapest grandfathered plan to get you into their new plans. As attrition works its way through those planholders, Disney will get less subscriber credit.

You add in the content strike for writers/actors. Softening park attendance. You see restaurant reservations opening and loosening up. I don’t see how Disney, with all these headwinds, gives the green light to ROFR. It’ll be drain-circling. Instead of BLT falling from $125 to $100, it’ll be $125, $122, $120, $120, $117, $112…. with random ROFRs to give brokers something to intimidate buyers/boost seller’s price resilience.

There’s just a lot of price inertia. Real estate agents are just now realizing it’s not May 2022. I have a relative selling their house—agent listed it at $325k. Been on market for over a month; multiple price cuts and now $199k. Still nothing. Agents are delusional. They’re just now realizing 7-8% mortgages cannot possibly work on 2022 housing prices. DVC is competing with all of this.
I wish houses were 325k here,
I would buy 2….

You see all things are subjective

You are exaggerating those numbers. There are currently 200 BLT contracts for sale. One is listed at $124 per point. That contract has been sitting for 4 months. You do not get points on the purchase until February 2025.

I wish houses were 325k here,
I would buy 2….

You see all things are subjective
Ahhh, nothing like a tacky Internet boast met with eye rolling.

Missed the point entirely. The listing was near double the marketable value of the home and any adjacent properties. You might as well say you’ll pay double your home price for your home because there’s a bigger fish elsewhere who lives in an even more expensive housing market.

It’s analogous to hearing people say their first mortgage was 15%. Yeah, on an $80k house, not $410k, the median price today. You see some things are objective.

Last edited:
You are exaggerating those numbers. There are currently 200 BLT contracts for sale. One is listed at $124 per point. That contract has been sitting for 4 months. You do not get points on the purchase until February 2025.
Literally just had 3 BLT contracts in the past two weeks in mid-120s. Several months ago when BLT was $140, I was told any lower and they’d be bought up instantly. Now there are 24 listed sub-$140.

In 8 months BLT has dropped over $15 PP. I imagine 8 months from now it’ll drop another $25 for various reasons.

I believe that is the 750 point contract I have been looking at…..

Even resale, that 100k do not a huge demand for that contract !

I believe that is the 750 point contract I have been looking at…..

Even resale, that 100k do not a huge demand for that contract !
Try a 160 point contract, and yet another eye roll.

750 point BLT with none until 2025 at $124. I don’t think that even existed. I think we’re just talking up an unwarranted ego at this point 😂

Ahhh, nothing like a tacky Internet boast met with eye rolling.

Missed the point entirely. The listing was near double the marketable value of the home and any adjacent properties. You might as well say you’ll pay double your home price for your home because there’s a bigger fish elsewhere who lives in an even more expensive housing market.

It’s analogous to hearing people say their first mortgage was 15%. Yeah, on an $80k house, not $410k, the median price today. You see some things are objective.
If I could buy a house at 410k, I would buy two….

No, it means the median home price in my area is well over 325 or 410k, and in fact all things are in FACT subjective.

Btw Rolling your eyes, and pointing it out, is a good way to prove I was right, and you really don’t have anything objective left to say….

Try a 160 point contract, and yet another eye roll.

750 points with none until 2025. I don’t think that even existed. I think we’re just talking up an unwarranted ego at this point 😂
Nope wrong again,
1500 points June 23 use year
750 2024
750 2025

But thanks for playing

facebook twitter