Rock the Boat, Don't Tip the Boat Over! Fantasy 10/20-10/27 Completed Post #277!!

Jay and I have joked over the last few years that turning the corner on our respective 40th birthdays means that our geriatric genes have begun to come to life. For example, we fight irrational urges to don black socks, stand on the front porch, and yell at kids for walking through our yard; we find ourselves reminiscing about the good old days of rotary telephones, non-air conditioned schools, and Chocodiles; and we seem constitutionally unable to stay up past 10:30PM, even on the weekend.

I didn't realize you both just turned 40! You're still so young! And what a nice way to treat yourselves for your birthdays to a cruise!:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Drinks make us smile
PA210397.jpg

You both look awesome!:thumbsup2

We were going to stop at O'Gills to see how the Cardinals were faring against the Giants in the NLCS, but every television was showing football and there were people there with children?!?! Sorry, junior; you may be a rabid fan of the pigskin, but we like to drink with adults so make like an egg and scramble on out of here.

Agreed, children don't belong in the adult areas:mad:

Jay and I left instead ... football is not our sport of choice, anyway ... and we decided to visit Ooh La La for a bubbly nightcap. I'm not sure how I felt about the decor in this lounge ... I kept looking around for racks of souvenir DCL lingerie. I guess that's not too outrageous considering it's supposed to resemble a French boudoir. It was just a little too soft and plush for our tastes, but the drinks were prime and the bartender there was a hoot.

Fancy Schmancy
PA200232.jpg

Maybe it's a bit too plush?
PA200233.jpg

The bar is totally cool!
PA210419.jpg

I think it looks cool! I'm going there 2014!

I decided to order the Elderbubble, not because I was feeling my age but because it included Elderflower liqueur which I adore. The drink also included Raspberry Vodka and Champagne ... an all boozie booze-filled drink to send me off into sweet dreams of another day at sea. I thought this drink was outstanding and once again not overly sweet.

The Elderbubble
PA210415.jpg

Oh, my! Another drink with Elderflower and also Champagne, 2 of my favs, noting to try that drink!:thumbsup2

Stay tuned for a second day at sea, where we book two cruises, finally get in on the midship detective agency game, enjoy champagne lunch at Remy and snooze away a fair portion of the day.

Thanks for reading!!

:thumbsup2

Woohoo!! Snark and booze.... I am IN!!

I think you're in the right place ... hope you enjoy!

I absolutely love Palo brunches and I can not wait to eat there again.

Palo brunch is always a must for us ... I like to gorge on the seafood!

Thanks Rose ... actually I just turned 43 and Jay will be 43 in May ... he insists that not having children has helped keep the years at bay! :rotfl2:

There are a lot of elderflower drinks available on the Fantasy ... they were all terrific! You will love them, I'm sure!

Loving your report! We went on the Dream back in March(our first cruise) and loved it so much we're doing the Fantasy June 1 next year.

Loved the Palo brunch. I ordered one of the pizzas and they mistakenly gave me the grape one and I was pleasantly surprised how it tasted.

We loved Skyline so much we didn't visit anywhere else besides Meridian when we were waiting to go to Palo. I can't really do a lot of citrus drinks because of heartburn so our bartender made me a chocolate Martini that was so delicous!!! I will be requesting it again & again :thumbsup2

Bloody Mary's with gin or bourbon!!! Never thought of that. How did Novak do with those?

Great start:thumbsup2

thanks!

Loving your report! We went on the Dream back in March(our first cruise) and loved it so much we're doing the Fantasy June 1 next year.

Loved the Palo brunch. I ordered one of the pizzas and they mistakenly gave me the grape one and I was pleasantly surprised how it tasted.

We loved Skyline so much we didn't visit anywhere else besides Meridian when we were waiting to go to Palo. I can't really do a lot of citrus drinks because of heartburn so our bartender made me a chocolate Martini that was so delicous!!! I will be requesting it again & again :thumbsup2

We had the same experience last year on the Dream ... we loved it but 4 nights just isn't long enough and so we rebooked for this cruise. You can't go wrong with a chocolate martini!

Bloody Mary's with gin or bourbon!!! Never thought of that. How did Novak do with those?

Kat, he did a great job. He always asked which booze we wanted and so Jay asked for Hendricks Gin with his and I asked for Blanton's Bourbon with mine. They were so good that even after we were seated for brunch and had our complimentary glass of prosecco we ordered another round of bloodies to finish off the meal!

We booked 2 4-night cruises for next November (my parents are coming with, otherwise we would have booked another 7-night). And we are booked for the September 2013 PC cruise. :cool1:

Awesome! I wish I had that many cruises booked

Awesome! I wish I had that many cruises booked

well, one of them is for my parents so it probably sounds like more than it is, but two cruises in one year is certainly new for us. Very excited about that but it will ruin my budget for sure! :rotfl:

Novak is the best....cannot wait to see him in a few days!

he was just fabulous. Tell him brenda & jason from the hurricane cruise send their best, would you? thanks!! :goodvibes

We booked 2 4-night cruises for next November (my parents are coming with, otherwise we would have booked another 7-night). And we are booked for the September 2013 PC cruise. :cool1:

Yay for a Grimace trippy :cool1: But boo that you didn't book another 7-night - would have loved for you to be on our 10/26 cruise ;)

Yay for a Grimace trippy :cool1: But boo that you didn't book another 7-night - would have loved for you to be on our 10/26 cruise ;)

you're a sweetheart. :flower3:

I couldn't convince her to go longer than 4 nights ... jay and I are both packing lots of patience on this one. our only hope is that we don't have another sandy while we are on the ship with my parents. could you imagine the carnage with Grimace on a cruise ship sailing through the tail of hurricane? :rotfl2:

Read this last night but didn't get to comment--you and Jay look great in your pics! And so many boozes that I had never heard of made it obvious that I am a wine girl (and sometimes whine girl ;)). The Ooh La La, however, resembled a cross between Graceland and Moulin Rouge! :rotfl:

I totally agree with you about the cost of the mani.....$50 is a steal for having something like that done at Disney!

Ooh La La looks like a bar that my daughter's Barbie dolls would go to....but I did think that light fixture was way cool.

you're a sweetheart. :flower3:

Seriously, would love to meet you both and still hoping it will happen one day :hug:

our only hope is that we don't have another sandy while we are on the ship with my parents. could you imagine the carnage with Grimace on a cruise ship sailing through the tail of hurricane? :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Hurricane Grimace, now there's a thought :lmao:

Read this last night but didn't get to comment--you and Jay look great in your pics! And so many boozes that I had never heard of made it obvious that I am a wine girl (and sometimes whine girl ;)). The Ooh La La, however, resembled a cross between Graceland and Moulin Rouge! :rotfl:

Thanks for the kind words ... but I only posted the pictures of the two of us that I didn't ruin in some way. :rotfl2:

Oh, the boozes were wonderful ... we were like kids in a candy store!! And Ooh La La ... very Moulin Rouge. ;)

I totally agree with you about the cost of the mani.....$50 is a steal for having something like that done at Disney!

Ooh La La looks like a bar that my daughter's Barbie dolls would go to....but I did think that light fixture was way cool.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the treatment and the cost (which I didn't bother to ask about until the morning I checked in at the spa ... :scared: ).

Light fixture behind the bar totally cool; you comment about your little one's Barbies ... wahahahahaaa!!! :rotfl2:

Seriously, would love to meet you both and still hoping it will happen one day :hug:

Some day Joh ... I know it will happen! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Hurricane Grimace, now there's a thought :lmao:

:lmao: If would make for a great story!

We leave in a few days....waiting to hear more :coffee:

Well, I will do my best to update this evening ... it will pretty much be chaampagne lunch at Remy. :worship:

Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't allow me to update on a daily basis. :guilty:

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer them before you leave ... just let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter