Road trip help please.

I had an idea for the lacing cards. I haven't been able to find clip art of disney images that are large enough with color so I thought I would take coloring pages and turn them into lacing cards. Now you have two things in one to keep them busy. First they have to color it...then they can lace it...and even better you save on color ink. That should keep them busy for 5 minutes!

These should also fit on 8.5x5.5 paper. In case you don't know what to do with these...trim them on the outside or inside of the black line (your choice) making sure to leave a large white border outside of the picture. Then use your hole punch to punch holes along the white border (see post#57 if you need a visual on punching the holes). Buy fun color shoe strings (or use yarn with tape wrapped around the ends) and have your child color and lace the picture.

Thanks spectromouse for a GREAT idea!!! Keep them coming and I will do my best to make more.

LacingCardMinnie.jpg

LacingCardPooh.jpg

LacingCardLilo.jpg

LacingCardMickey3.jpg

LacingCardLM.jpg

LacingCardTM.jpg

LacingCardLuigi.jpg

LacingCardGuido.jpg

LacingCardSmallWorld.jpg

LacingCardMKCastle.jpg

Tinkerbell.jpg

LacingCardTinkerbell2.jpg

LacingCardPP.jpg

LacingCardPrincesses.jpg

LacingCardJasmine.jpg

Dolly-

The threading cards look great! I know Lighting McQueen will be a big hit! What a great idea to use coloring pages!

Here is a new thread that has the cutest paper dolls with Disney outfits. I thought it would be a great addition to this thread! I will see if the DISigner will add them. :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2222243

No need to link to the thread. Just keep reading through this one...Milliepie was kind enough to put them on this thread as well. Yeah!!! Thanks Milliepie!!!

THANK YOU DOLLY!! I am always looking for activities for my girls that don't have a lot of parts - less to pickup ;) Our girls just started doing the lacing thing and really enjoy it. I have some cute punches in my scrapboook supplies. This is something they can even do in a restaurant - a quite activity!! :yay: Dolly, I LOVE that you put always include the measurements. It has rained the whole month of June and looks like we are getting more rain today. Even the weatherman is wondering if we should build an ark! :rotfl2:Thanks again Dolly, looks like we will be using these today.

THANK YOU DOLLY!! I am always looking for activities for my girls that don't have a lot of parts - less to pickup ;) Our girls just started doing the lacing thing and really enjoy it. I have some cute punches in my scrapboook supplies. This is something they can even do in a restaurant - a quite activity!! :yay: Dolly, I LOVE that you put always include the measurements. It has rained the whole month of June and looks like we are getting more rain today. Even the weatherman is wondering if we should build an ark! :rotfl2:Thanks again Dolly, looks like we will be using these today.

Thanks so much for your note. I will work on some princess ones when I'm back home from my current trip. Be looking for Milliepie's paper dolls...she is going to post them later today on this thread. Yeah!!!

Hi there! I finally have some free time and as promised here are the paper dolls. These are meant to be printed or made with magenetic paper so you don't have to worry about the tabs. You can pretty much print them any size you would like them to be. I'm going to make some more gender neutral clothes as well so I'll post them here when they are done. :) Thank you Dolly and thank you SpectroMouse for the great idea and getting me started! :goodvibes

Paperdoll-1.png

paperdoll4.png

paperdoll3.png

paperdollclothes.png

paperdoll2.png

paperdollgirlminnie.png

paperdollgirlblondeminnie.png

paperdollprincess.png

paperdollgirlclothes.png

paperdollpirate.png

paperdollincredibles.png

paperdollgreenskirtdress.png

Milliepie-

Glad you made it over here! I was planning on posting a link to the other thread here, but had not gotten around to it yet!

Between Milliepie and Dolly - I may need to change my travel plans and go for the drive instead of flying ;)

WOW , What an awesome thread. Dolly where do all these ideas come from ?!! :wizard: Wow You have listed so much useful stuff . We are not going to Disney until next year but I am already making lists and saving the games and stuff you posted . The laminating idea with the markers is great ! I can't wait to hear what other ideas are brewing up in here ! :dance3::

The paper dolls , Those are really cool . with magnetic paper ? I never heard of that before finding this site . Great ideas, My daugher will love that one.:thumbsup2

what kind of paper would you use for the window clings ? magnetic or Is there another special type ?

I haven't made any yet. But, I have seen some window clings at Office Depot in the section with the transfers and magnets. My daughter loves to play with the holiday window clings and can use them to play with and decorate the van on the way down there.

Hi there! I finally have some free time and as promised here are the paper dolls. These are meant to be printed or made with magenetic paper so you don't have to worry about the tabs. You can pretty much print them any size you would like them to be. I'm going to make some more gender neutral clothes as well so I'll post them here when they are done. :) Thank you Dolly and thank you SpectroMouse for the great idea and getting me started! :goodvibes

Paperdoll-1.png

paperdollclothes.png

paperdoll2.png

paperdollgirlminnie.png

paperdollgirlblondeminnie.png

paperdollprincess.png

paperdollgirlclothes.png

paperdollpirate.png

paperdollincredibles.png

paperdollgreenskirtdress.png

Hello Milliepie,
Do you have these in African American? My DD loves these and I found the magnetic sheets at the dollar tree.

OH MY GOODNESS, THEY ARE CUTE AND IT WAS IRONIC THAT YOU MADE ONE WITH TWIST AND BEAD BECAUSE THATS THE HAIR STLYE SHE HAS RIGHT NOW. These should keep her busy in the car to the auto train (about 2 hours) and then on the train. Thanks so much.

Milliepie's paper dolls were sooooo darn cute...I couldn't resist trying a few.

I made all of these to fit 8.5x11 cardstock. Open up a word document and go to "file" then "page setup" then change all of the margins to "0". When you see a popup that says "...outside of printable area..." hit "ignore". Then copy and paste these into word. To make sure they are the correct size...go to "format" then "picture" and click on the "size" tab. Make sure that the image is 8.5x11. I left enough white margin around all of the images that you shouldn't have any problems with printing. Hope you like the dolls!

Girl:
PaperDoll.jpg

Boy:
PaperDollBoy.jpg

African American:
PaperDollAfricanAmerican.jpg

Asian:
PaperDollAsian.jpg

Glasses:
PaperDollGlasses.jpg

Outfits:

Clothes1.jpg

LittleMermaid.jpg

Princess.jpg

Pirate.jpg

Epcot Inspired:

Mexico
Mexican.jpg

Japan
Japan.jpg

China
China.jpg

Africa
Africa.jpg

Australia
Australia.jpg

Hawaii
Hawaii.jpg

Indian
Indian.jpg

I found the "Epcot" outfits at http://www.makingfriends.com/f_Friends.htm and modified them slightly to fit these paper dolls. The paper dolls are different on their site but are super cute! Here is an example of one of their extra special paper dolls:

WheelChairPaperDoll.jpg

Those are super cute Dolly! You know, I hadn't thought of putting the hair to the side, great idea and I Love the little faces. :)

Eta: These are so fun to make and there are endless possibilities. :)

paperdollsailor.png

paperdollbuzz.png

All of this is amazing!! I saved a lot of the travel games to print off for our upcoming trip.

Something else I did - I went to the 99cent store and they have an entire row of Disney related stuff - each item 99 cents. I got markers, crayons, stamps, journals, chalkboards, puzzles - all kinds of things - all Disney themed - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Tinkerbell, Pooh... etc etc... each item I got - I got in sets of three. (I have three children - two boys - one girl) and I came home and start dividing everything up into Ziploc bags. I'm going to make bags with all these games in it as well - so between this thread and what I got at the 99cent store - I should have a pretty good set up going! I'm going to add a snack to each bag as well.

Basically I'm hoping to pass out these bags as the "I'm bored" factor sets in. And, they are in sets of three - so no one can whine that they want to trade with someone else - because they all have the same thing!! Yay! I did vary the characters some - like one got a Mickey Journal, One got a Pooh, One got Tinkerbell - but the basic theme of each bag is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter