Riviera Sales by the numbers (vs CCV) for 2019 - (December added 1/16/2020)

My impression is about a 20-30 day lag time, so I would expect that the April numbers would probably cover early March to early April. Exact dates are so hard to predict.

Unfortunately this data now becomes useless in telling us anything about Riviera's popularity. It only tells us that sales dropped off a cliff after they closed the parks, which is no surprise at all. I would expect May to be even lower until they start re-opened, and even then the numbers are going to likely remain low for the foreseeable future. How do you convince someone to buy a timeshare when closure can result in that you can't use it.

I'm mean, I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I think it's very likely that things will get opened too quickly, or another round of outbreaks will happen somewhere, and they'll have to close down again. I personally would be very unlikely to buy Direct at the moment even if I was in the market to unless Disney offered up some good incentives. Now resale is another matter, as some good bargains may be found right now I'm sure.

I am intrigued by the discussion of new incentives to sweeten the pot to attract new direct buyers. We will buy in in about the next year give or take, depending on incentives and such. We have b een saying in about a year for the last 3 years (stinking kids are expensive) but it appears our financial house is very quickly getting in order.

How do incentives work for current direct members? For example, if DVD introduces 2 extra FP per person is introduced June 2021. Will all direct buyers before that date get that perk retroactively too or only the ones who buy after that point?

I am intrigued by the discussion of new incentives to sweeten the pot to attract new direct buyers. We will buy in in about the next year give or take, depending on incentives and such. We have b een saying in about a year for the last 3 years (stinking kids are expensive) but it appears our financial house is very quickly getting in order.

How do incentives work for current direct members? For example, if DVD introduces 2 extra FP per person is introduced June 2021. Will all direct buyers before that date get that perk retroactively too or only the ones who buy after that point?

DVD incentives for purchasing are never given retroactively unless a person is still in process and has not yet closed. They will adjust then,

If one is already an owner, then no, Now, any adjustments to the blue card perks, which has nothing to do with buying, apply to all.

However, any incentives for purchase would be one time things, and not ongoing. For example, they may throw in extra FPS for the first trip, but it won’t be something long term,

From everything I've seen online I would love Riviera. I really hope that one day Disney lifts their existing restrictions.🤞 While I would love to stay/own there, I don't think I could every bring myself to pay those direct prices!

From everything I've seen online I would love Riviera. I really hope that one day Disney lifts their existing restrictions.🤞 While I would love to stay/own there, I don't think I could every bring myself to pay those direct prices!
If that's the case then you actually want them to keep the restrictions. The restrictions are going to suppress resale prices which would make your cost of entry lower. And it will be a good thing that you love the resort so much because that's the only place you'll be able to stay. :)

If that's the case then you actually want them to keep the restrictions. The restrictions are going to suppress resale prices which would make your cost of entry lower. And it will be a good thing that you love the resort so much because that's the only place you'll be able to stay. :)

It would still be better to have the restrictions lifted and buy a resale contract elsewhere IMO and trade in vs having a restricted resale contract that you sweat it out if you don't get the booking you want and also don't have a back up booking somewhere because you can only stay at Riviera.

We agreed to a purchase for 250 points on March 8th while on-site but ended up changing to 3, 100 point contracts later that week. We already own BCV but were really sold on the feel of Riviera. We still have not closed on our contract. I contacted DVC on Thursday and am waiting for a return call. We sent our notarized forms by Fedex which were received on April 2nd (according to Fedex) but DVC still hasn't acknowledge the receipt. I am sure other buyers have been impacted also.

It would still be better to have the restrictions lifted and buy a resale contract elsewhere IMO and trade in vs having a restricted resale contract that you sweat it out if you don't get the booking you want and also don't have a back up booking somewhere because you can only stay at Riviera.
I can see the benefit from that perspective. But if you're looking for the 11-month booking advantage at RIV then you'll need to own there, and restricted contracts are the most economical way to do so. I guess it just depends on what is more important to you.

recording dates 2020-05-01 to 2020-05-31
resortdeedspoints% total
AKV
4​
335​
1.8%​
BCV
1​
155​
0.8%​
BLT
-​
-​
-​
BRV
-​
-​
-​
BWV
1​
200​
1.1%​
CCV
4​
635​
3.5%​
OKW
5​
450​
2.4%​
PVB
1​
195​
1.1%​
RVA
106​
15,870​
86.3%​
SSR
4​
340​
1.8%​
VGF
2​
200​
1.1%​

for RVA points only...
average (mean) 149.7 points
median 122.5 points
mode 100 points (45 contracts, 4,500 points; 42.5% of all RVA contracts, 28.4% of all RVA points)

Wow, remember the good old days when monthly sales numbers would lead to a robust debate on how well or poorly Riviera was selling...now i<3riviera gives us all this great info and nary a reply. Oh, how I miss the good old pre-covid days.

Frankly I just can’t believe how much Riviera they’re selling with Direct Sales supposedly closed.

Frankly I just can’t believe how much Riviera they’re selling with Direct Sales supposedly closed.
Mailed in contracts don't always get signed right away and it's hard to say how quickly they were being filed with the county during the closure.

I added on at Riv in January but did the 3 payments over the next 3 months. So mine was not officially final until last week.

I think that it is reasonable to assume the these are sales that were initiated before the closure, While sales is closed it also indicates that DVD processing is still active at some level

These delays in processing really calls into question some of the assumptions we made early in the year - I think for the most part, we all had assumed a two week delay in recording.

Assuming (there I go again) the county is caught up, it would be interesting to see a comparison of the Recorded Date monthly sales vs. the Effective Date monthly sales over the last year. i<3riviera if your magic data set can easily pull this, I'm sure a few of us will it interesting.

I am surprised how many deeds get recorded SO late.
I'm not. Many of the employees involved in the process (from start to finish) were probably working from home or furloughed for at least part of the time. I doubt very many of them were consdiered "essential" under the various executive emergency orders.

I added on at Riv in January but did the 3 payments over the next 3 months. So mine was not officially final until last week.

I like this option so we can maximize the reward points. If we were to do this can you make a reservation right away or do you have to wait until the sale is finalized?

When you purchase direct, the points are available to you as soon as you sign the purchase agreement and give them the down payment. That is one of the perks for buying direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter