Riviera question I hate to ask.......

SM1992

DVC member since 1997
.......So my 7 month window opens soon and we're looking to book a studio at Riviera (not tower studio). I'm seeing single nights already unavailable in the week before the one we'd like. Any chance we can get the week we want? I'm thinking a waitlist won't come through due to the popularity of the new resort. We've never walked a reservation and not interested in starting now. Thoughts? Thanks!

To be honest, I think it may be difficult if you are seeing nights gone.

But, put in the wait list and the. Keep checking the website. You may have RIV owners who will be trading out.

Sometimes what is not available at 8 am when the booking window opens, will be a few hours later.

Since members could reserve Riviera at 7 months out, standard studios have steadily been disappearing for at least a few days per week before the 7 month window opens. Preferred studios have also often disappeared but have sometimes been open.

Last edited:
I wonder if the high point chart and the tendency of many to buy only 50-75 point contracts will mean that it will be hard to get an entire week at 7 months. I know if we end up buying, we'll be booking 2-3 nights in the home resort priority period as part of a split stay.

SM1992 - hope you get what you want when your window opens. Good luck!

I wonder if the high point chart and the tendency of many to buy only 50-75 point contracts will mean that it will be hard to get an entire week at 7 months. I know if we end up buying, we'll be booking 2-3 nights in the home resort priority period as part of a split stay.

Thanks CarolMN! Thursday is my booking day, and right now the entire week is available. I'll be on the computer early, we'll see!

My guess would be that yes, booking studios at RIV is going to be a challenge once it sells out. Look at how many people post that they bought just enough CCV points for a studio every two years. Or purchased 50 BWV points just to use for a studio during F&W. Makes me glad that I own enough to book a 1BR at BWV. I have a feeling that getting a full week at RIV for non-owners is going to be a similar issue.

I hope you get what you want with your stay! I have had mixed luck with the wait list at various resorts, but I always at least attempt to use them. If you are looking to book on Thursday, then it seems like you're looking at May 2020. That isn't a crazy popular DVC time, so you may have some luck there. Good luck!

Not a full week, but I was able to book a Standard room @ the Riviera for 5-nights starting on April 24th. The days leading up to the 24th were being taken. Just be ready to book right @ 8:00AM, Good Luck!

Has the entire resort been "declared" for DVC usage, yet? Are are there still undeclared rooms? If the entire resort hasn't been declared part of the club, you may have a good chance of a wait list coming through when new areas are declared.

Has the entire resort been "declared" for DVC usage, yet? Are are there still undeclared rooms? If the entire resort hasn't been declared part of the club, you may have a good chance of a wait list coming through when new areas are declared.
As far as I know, they have only declared the initial amount to start selling. I am sure that someone on here know what that consisted of. As they sell, there definitely will be more declared along the way. Just no way to know when that will be.

As far as I know, they have only declared the initial amount to start selling.

This is correct. I even read that there are only 9 tower studios released and only 8 deluxe studios available at this time. It will double when they release the next batch of rooms. The 7 month mark will be difficult, if not impossible to book a full week.

Here's what I've found online.

Here’s a breakdown of what Villa types are available:
  • 9 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
  • 8 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
  • 7 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
  • 18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
  • 23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
  • 4 Three Bedroom Grand Villas

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is now looking like studios are starting to fill. May 3 is gone for preferred studios, and 4, 7, and 9 for standard. You may have to wait list and hope it comes through, such as when more units are declared into the condominium.

I got 6 nights in a preferred studio for April 19 with no problem at 7 months.
That's encouraging! Right now we're on a waitlist since one day is unavailable. But that one day has changed twice already so probable someone walking a res. Trying to be patient for a few more days.........!

.......So my 7 month window opens soon and we're looking to book a studio at Riviera (not tower studio). I'm seeing single nights already unavailable in the week before the one we'd like. Any chance we can get the week we want? I'm thinking a waitlist won't come through due to the popularity of the new resort. We've never walked a reservation and not interested in starting now. Thoughts? Thanks!
Walking isn't going to work very well at Riviera at seven months out. The biggest issue is how many units have been declared.

So, anyone know if and when new declarations for Riviera might happen?

UPDATE: Success! ....sort of. Was able to book the 2nd week of May at Riviera preferred studio at 8 a.m. today! It's a week later than we wanted but that's OK. Our original choice always had days unavailable so we went with plan B.
Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!