Riviera Direct Price Per Point Pool

If they start selling contracts in March does that mean they plan to open earlier than mid December? Hopefully?

So probably no chance to book a cash stay in early November then?

There’s definitely a chance depending on the official opening date. It really depends on when they open booking to non-owners as well as the opening date. If they open booking in April, for example, to non-owners you’ll have just as much a chance as every other current member who doesn’t buy points there. They haven’t announced an official opening date, so it’s realy anyone's guess. All we know is that it will be open in mid-December for sure. I had heard that they were shooting to open it by late October, but I haven’t seen anything about an official date in a while.

You can make make a cash reservation on the website starting on 12/16/19 it looks like. Nothing before that seemed to work. If you are interested you can have a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom preferred view for just over $13000! If you need a 3 bedroom i'm afraid it looks like it will run you about $23000!

I think the fact that they will let people do CASH reservations from mid-December on is giving them a HARD opening date. In other words, no matter what, they will be READY AND OPEN by that date. But that isn't necessarily their planned opening date. They may have strong plans to be open by early October, but they don't want to defend that date, in case something happens and the finishing is delayed.

The "live property" price is just an incremental baseline number that they raise every year. There are other factors that go into the total price, mainly points-per-night and the floating tiered discounts. There's no reason to change the current base price mid-year. They'll simply reduce the discounts (aka the "developer incentives", a laughable term considering Disney controls everything) if sales are brisk, and next January it'll go up a few dollars per point as usual. If I had to guess, mid next January it'll go up to somewhere in the 194-198 range. We'll all find out together as usual.

Last edited:
The "live property" price is just an incremental baseline number that they raise every year. There are other factors that go into the total price, mainly points-per-night and the floating tiered discounts. There's no reason to change the current base price mid-year. They'll simply reduce the discounts (aka the "dealer incentives", a laughable term considering Disney controls everything) if sales are brisk, and next January it'll go up a few dollars per point as usual. If I had to guess, mid next January it'll go up to somewhere in the 194-198 range. We'll all find out together as usual.

Reports are that all pricing is going up June 1st. We'll see but the mouse doesn't wait a year in between price increases anymore.

Reports are that all pricing is going up June 1st. We'll see but the mouse doesn't wait a year in between price increases anymore.
Yeah my guide told me the same thing, so it might happen but the word of a guide is sometimes questionable. Though, when I pressed more on the issue it started to fall apart a bit and the guides, definitely mine, were basing it off of CCV going up to 210, which is just the sold out price and common practice. Though if DRR goes up BWV/BCV have no choice but to go up by the same $/point

The base price of $188 is almost definitely not going up. Guides are not rocket scientists. (They just play them on TV.) Besides, like everything else DVC, the really smart ones quit and become resale brokers. ;)

facebook twitter