Rivers of Light, Soarin' completion date

So, I heard second hand from someone who works in Risk Management for Disney (yes, I realize this may as well be a bus driver) that some portion of Avatar Land is scheduled to open this Spring. I am guessing it is *just* the restaurant - if anything.
No

Wish we could get some real info.
Disney is just covering their bases not announcing official opening dates too far in advance in case of a delay.

Soarin closure dates were officially announced but rivers of light is scheduled for spring 2016.

Soarin closure dates were officially announced but rivers of light is scheduled for spring 2016.

I think that's the part that makes it hard. I'm trying to figure out our schedule for our May trip and what ADRs we would want. Rivers of Light being open during our trip would be a game changer and mean that we would need to be in AK later than normal so knowing soon would be so helpful!

I think that's the part that makes it hard. I'm trying to figure out our schedule for our May trip and what ADRs we would want. Rivers of Light being open during our trip would be a game changer and mean that we would need to be in AK later than normal so knowing soon would be so helpful!
Well it started out with having it open by in March. Latest rumors are now saying May.

higher prices, "higher quality", and it's worth two credits on the dining plan.
I am going to go with higher prices or two credits. Haven't really noticed the higher quality. Though the ambiance is often pretty awesome at the 2 credits.

I think le Cellier is a great example, they just started charging 2 credits because they could, no real difference in the food.

I am going to go with higher prices or two credits. Haven't really noticed the higher quality. Though the ambiance is often pretty awesome at the 2 credits.

I think le Cellier is a great example, they just started charging 2 credits because they could, no real difference in the food.
That's why I put higher quality in quotes ;)

Does anyone have any idea if the new signature TS will have any sort of views or glimpse of Pandora? I have often wondered this since I heard that this was being built. The overhead photos don't necessarily help with visualizing this as the height of the land, trees, etc. are not easily determined from that far overhead.

Does anyone have any idea if the new signature TS will have any sort of views or glimpse of Pandora?

1) No information, yet.
2) But, since it is a Signature, one might assume the view will be of Rivers of Light instead of a "park view".
3) Remember, I have ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the view, just guessing, assuming, theorizing, imaging, deducing.

1) No information, yet.
2) But, since it is a Signature, one might assume the view will be of Rivers of Light instead of a "park view".
3) Remember, I have ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the view, just guessing, assuming, theorizing, imaging, deducing.
Based on the location it doesn't seem like it will have a good view of rivers of light but rather have a good view of the river between Pandora and the rest of AK.

Based on the location it doesn't seem like it will have a good view of rivers of light but rather have a good view of the river between Pandora and the rest of AK.

I am not going to venture a guess on that.

Any new news on these two things?

The rumor is Spring for Rivers of Light. Some are guessing that it might debut on Earth Day, April 22, 2016.

The word on Soarin' is that it won't open again until June 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter