Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

I spoke to a CM an hour ago who stated that they had the ROL dining packages and fast passes all ready to go and had a glitch so they postponed them. I asked specifically "have they postponed Rivers of Light show or just the packages". She replied that it was just the packages and they were hoping to have everything fixed soon. I currently have an ADR for TH on 4/23 and I asked her if I could switch it to a dinner package. She said to call direct and they would be able to do it over the phone. She suggested I call in the next two days to check on it.

Last edited:
I spoke to a CM an hour ago who stated that they had the ROL dining packages and fast passes all ready to go and had a glitch so they postponed them. I asked specifically "have they postponed Rivers of Light show or just the packages". She replied that it was just the packages and they were hoping to have everything fixed soon. I currently have an ADR for TH on 4/23 and I asked her if I could switch it to a dinner package. She said to call direct and they would be able to do it over the phone. She suggested I call in the next two days to check on it.

Just FYI on the bold part... if this is like every other time they've added a package to a restaurant, what the CM will do to "switch" you to a package is actually get you a new booking for the package, and cancel your existing ADR (assuming they overlap). Having that existing TH ADR will not hold a package spot for you -- you'd be "competing" along with everyone else to try to book the package.

Again -- this is assuming they do this the way they have in similar situations in the past when a new package is introduced for an existing restaurant.

Just FYI on the bold part... if this is like every other time they've added a package to a restaurant, what the CM will do to "switch" you to a package is actually get you a new booking for the package, and cancel your existing ADR (assuming they overlap). Having that existing TH ADR will not hold a package spot for you -- you'd be "competing" along with everyone else to try to book the package.

Again -- this is assuming they do this the way they have in similar situations in the past when a new package is introduced for an existing restaurant.

That's exactly what the CM told me this morning as well.

Eta: meaning if you book a TH reservation without the package deal, they have to cancel and rebook the actual dining pkg for the event.

So the word "coming soon" has been removed from the web site and the app. Still can't add to plans or choose dining.

:(

Feeling so badly for those heading to WDW in the next couple of months. I know you want to make plans and it's tough with so many unknowns!!

I ended up shifting around a lot of things within the last couple of weeks, especially with the Hollywood studios stuff (club villain and Star Wars fireworks). Luckily they didn't really effect my fast pass choices or hard to get ADRs.

I have two last slots in my plans open for this and Skipper Canteen. I just hope it drops soon, I live on the west coast so I keep waking up at 3 AM to check.

Sorry but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is delayed for at least 5 more days! That is the first day I can make an ADR for my September trip. Love you all but I would rather not compete with those who have the jump on ADRs because of an onsite hotle reservation :)

Sorry but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is delayed for at least 5 more days! That is the first day I can make an ADR for my September trip. Love you all but I would rather not compete with those who have the jump on ADRs because of an onsite hotle reservation :)

If you're looking for a ray of sunshine, if they do open earlier than 5 days, the dining boards/phone lines won't be slammed with people trying to make RoL ADRs when you're trying to book all your ADRs. My experience in the past when stuff like this opens is that the website often can't handle all the traffic and often brings the site down numerous times. Hoping that doesn't happen this time!

I was in the same boat as you as my 180 day window opened this past Monday but looking back I'm glad it wasn't release day as I had no problems booking my ADRs. With September traditionally being lower crowds I'm guessing/hoping you and I will be okay to book a RoL package if we jump on it right away.

Just my thoughts as I was facing the same situation you are... :)

If you're looking for a ray of sunshine, if they do open earlier than 5 days, the dining boards/phone lines won't be slammed with people trying to make RoL ADRs when you're trying to book all your ADRs. My experience in the past when stuff like this opens is that the website often can't handle all the traffic and often brings the site down numerous times. Hoping that doesn't happen this time!

I was in the same boat as you as my 180 day window opened this past Monday but looking back I'm glad it wasn't release day as I had no problems booking my ADRs. With September traditionally being lower crowds I'm guessing/hoping you and I will be okay to book a RoL package if we jump on it right away.

From your lips...!!

I'm also going on September and I wish they had released ADRs before my 180 days came up. As much as I want one for RoL, I'm not the sort to every day constantly check for an update at 6am EST sharp, nor can I afford to keep track constantly through the day. So even if it opens now, inside my ADR window, I know people more frantic than I will get there first.

This. I booked my ADRs this morning and the website was working about as well as I could have hoped for it to work. If RoL had been released this morning, I probably would have had to wait for the phone lines to open to book everything, so I'm pleased.

No kidding, they opened up ADRs for Minnie's holiday dine last year on MY ADR DAY. Plus, it was already crazy hard getting ADRs because of all those booking sites. I was shocked that I got everything I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter