River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartle

DIS Veteran
I believe it was actually 6 feet of water...still kind of deep, but not so bad.
Yeah its probably closer to that depth maybe a little more. I'm six foot tall and I don't remember ever touching the bottom.

I think I over exaggerate the depth because of my last time there.

I've been to RC twice, once when I was 17 and once when I had two sons aged 8 and 7.

When I was 17 it was cool going down the slides, when I was a father its was like :scared1::scared1::scared1: they are going to drown. I would have to thread water at the bottom and push them towards the ropes.

TJM1976

DIS Veteran
The max depth of the fresh water (chlorinated) pool was 10 ft at the end where the slides dropped into the pool. I looked through some pics that another DisBoard member posted and saw 10ft painted on the edge of the pool.

takeme2epcot

Mouseketeer
The max depth of the fresh water (chlorinated) pool was 10 ft at the end where the slides dropped into the pool. I looked through some pics that another DisBoard member posted and saw 10ft painted on the edge of the pool.
Yes, I believe you're right about that.

I was talking about the depth of the water where the body slides emptied.

• caveat lector

Mouseketeer
    Come on everyone. This thread is at 354K views. We are one interesting tid bit away from pushing the 400K level. That is some pretty rarified air on the Camping board, but I'm betting this thing still has "legs."

Lyndria

DIS Veteran
    Come on everyone. This thread is at 354K views. We are one interesting tid bit away from pushing the 400K level. That is some pretty rarified air on the Camping board, but I'm betting this thing still has "legs."

WOW! 408 replies and 354,957 views!

Ziggie

The TF Fairy is Inspiried by Ziggie
    Threads like this with these fabulous pics ALWAYS hold their interest ~ and rightly so! :cool1:

• Pixie Dust for Me!

Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on
    Anyone read the Kingdom Keepers series? I think I know where Chernabog lives...RC!

Glad to have found this thread!

MadFF

Mouseketeer
    Anyone read the Kingdom Keepers series? I think I know where Chernabog lives...RC!

Glad to have found this thread!
    :wave2: I have! Those are fun books. It will be interesting to see all the spots when we return to Disney World next fall - I think I will never look at "It's a Small World" the same way again...

tiggrbaby

<font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder
    :wave2: I have! Those are fun books. It will be interesting to see all the spots when we return to Disney World next fall - I think I will never look at "It's a Small World" the same way again...
    :rotfl:After reading that book, my boys told me that they had been right all those years: it's an evil ride!

• AK2

Earning My Ears
    Great pictures. I've always wondered what happened. I was only able to visit River Country once, it was in 1998.

NLPRacing

Certified Disney Addict
    Great pictures. I've always wondered what happened. I was only able to visit River Country once, it was in 1998.
    On our first trip to WDW in 98, we had time to go to 2 of the 3 water parks, we chose Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. I regret that decision now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.