River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was actually 6 feet of water...still kind of deep, but not so bad.

Yeah its probably closer to that depth maybe a little more. I'm six foot tall and I don't remember ever touching the bottom.

I think I over exaggerate the depth because of my last time there.

I've been to RC twice, once when I was 17 and once when I had two sons aged 8 and 7.

When I was 17 it was cool going down the slides, when I was a father its was like :scared1::scared1::scared1: they are going to drown. I would have to thread water at the bottom and push them towards the ropes.

The max depth of the fresh water (chlorinated) pool was 10 ft at the end where the slides dropped into the pool. I looked through some pics that another DisBoard member posted and saw 10ft painted on the edge of the pool.

The max depth of the fresh water (chlorinated) pool was 10 ft at the end where the slides dropped into the pool. I looked through some pics that another DisBoard member posted and saw 10ft painted on the edge of the pool.

Yes, I believe you're right about that.

I was talking about the depth of the water where the body slides emptied.

Come on everyone. This thread is at 354K views. We are one interesting tid bit away from pushing the 400K level. That is some pretty rarified air on the Camping board, but I'm betting this thing still has "legs."

Come on everyone. This thread is at 354K views. We are one interesting tid bit away from pushing the 400K level. That is some pretty rarified air on the Camping board, but I'm betting this thing still has "legs."

WOW! 408 replies and 354,957 views!

Threads like this with these fabulous pics ALWAYS hold their interest ~ and rightly so! :cool1:

Anyone read the Kingdom Keepers series? I think I know where Chernabog lives...RC!

Glad to have found this thread!

Anyone read the Kingdom Keepers series? I think I know where Chernabog lives...RC!

Glad to have found this thread!

:wave2: I have! Those are fun books. It will be interesting to see all the spots when we return to Disney World next fall - I think I will never look at "It's a Small World" the same way again...

:wave2: I have! Those are fun books. It will be interesting to see all the spots when we return to Disney World next fall - I think I will never look at "It's a Small World" the same way again...

:rotfl:After reading that book, my boys told me that they had been right all those years: it's an evil ride!

Great pictures. I've always wondered what happened. I was only able to visit River Country once, it was in 1998.

Great pictures. I've always wondered what happened. I was only able to visit River Country once, it was in 1998.

On our first trip to WDW in 98, we had time to go to 2 of the 3 water parks, we chose Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. I regret that decision now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!