RIV direct and resale

colten.c

Earning My Ears
Anybody have direct and resale points? We have a 200 point direct contract and of course we want more points. My worry is trying to piece together trips using both contracts. Obviously if we stay at RIV that’s easy, but it almost feels like it becomes hard to book other places. For example if we wanted to stay at poly and needed 220 points then it doesn’t really help us

When you want to make a RIV reservation I would:
  • See how many points you need
  • Book something else as a placeholder with any direct points other than those you will need (anything beyond 2x what your resale contract is)
  • Book the RIV reservation with resale points, borrowing from the next year's resale points, then using as few direct points as possible
  • Save or bank any extra direct points for the next year to use at the other resorts

We own both direct and resale. Our direct is in our Aug UY and the resale are in our Dec UY.

Each of those has other points that can be used with them to book larger rooms there if needed,

We go to RiV pretty much every trip and do a lot of split stays so the 125 resale points we have will always have a trip to fit into!

Matter of fact, we are contemplating buying more resale points there over direct since we want on the smaller side and DVC never discounts those.

Anybody have direct and resale points? We have a 200 point direct contract and of course we want more points. My worry is trying to piece together trips using both contracts. Obviously if we stay at RIV that’s easy, but it almost feels like it becomes hard to book other places. For example if we wanted to stay at poly and needed 220 points then it doesn’t really help us

We own 150 RIV direct and 200 PVB resale. If they don’t change the restriction on RIV I won’t buy a RIV resale contract. We often book inside of 7 months and I would never want to lose flexibility to book somewhere else if RIV doesn’t have availability. Also since the points chart is much higher resale points go further almost everywhere else.

If you are solely wanting to book RIV, usually book higher point RIV rooms, or plan to split stay there nearly every trip that would be the only way I would consider it.

I'd just be happy to see some small resale contracts listed for any UY, LOL. Well, specifically Feb, but any small (25-50) point RIV resale contracts are rarer than hen's teeth.

facebook twitter