Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

ok, it’s a stupid question but couldn’t you just move along and ignore it.

We were thinking there was one part that went outside but maybe we are mistaken.

A lot of the queue itself is outdoors. So if it rains you will get wet. We got wet and I remember saying how the rain felt good because it was so hot outside. There was thunder at a distance. After we got off the ride, the lightning actually hit the the ride and it was closed the next day.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...f-lightning-bolt-strike-at-hollywood-studios/

Just rode it today and there is an outdoor section that is part of the attraction but you are not in a ride vehicle. I was thinking that a ride vehicle was outside but that’s not the case.

I will be taking my Mom to Galaxy's edge in May. She doesn't do most rides. I know she would love to see the inside of the millenium falcon (holo chess board scene) and she could also experience the ROTR up until you get on the "main" ride after escaping interrogation. Can she leave the experience at those times? Has anyone else done that?
Haven’t done that but have taken Mom in her ECV on the ride... The queue was the irritating part for us. The ride was easy. (FWIW: I’m pretty sure you can escape any ride queue at Disney by asking nicely. People have anxiety episodes all the time.)

We rode for the 3rd time today. The first 2 times our escape vehicle went to the left, in front of the At-At’s. This time, we went to the right. It was a different escape & I wasn’t expecting it. Are there only those 2 escape paths? It was a fun surprise for sure.

We rode for the 3rd time today. The first 2 times our escape vehicle went to the left, in front of the At-At’s. This time, we went to the right. It was a different escape & I wasn’t expecting it. Are there only those 2 escape paths? It was a fun surprise for sure.

I noticed that too. But I don’t know the answer. And we are also 2 to the left and once right.

Just rode it today and there is an outdoor section that is part of the attraction but you are not in a ride vehicle. I was thinking that a ride vehicle was outside but that’s not the case.
Technically, the ride vehicles also go outside (although still in a covered area) where you exit the vehicle.
Those are the only two escape routes.

hi all,

so I just rode rise for the first time a couple days ago. we had 2 days at the studio and the only day I managed to get a pass. kinda upset about that but it's another story. anyways I was wondering if they have been running this ride this way for a while.

we skipped the entire preshow for the ride and the initial ship. we walked from the line directly dow. a corridor taking us into the star destroyer bay. my daughter was confused as what was happening and it made no sense at all. and then the ride had many effects down as well. the light saber didn't come through the ceiling but we had the sounds lol. it was a hot mess effects and sounds were off and when the ride ended I complained and was told that's how they were running it for a while and I should be happy I had a boarding group. I talked to 3 people at the ride and guest services about the issue. it was annoying and I hate being lied to. after my complaints the ride went down, not sure if it's connected or not. anyways my wife went on it with the little one, child swap, and it seemed to be working normal and she asked and they said it was that way all day. has this happened to other people. it kinda irks me as I was excited for the ride but I had the disco yeti experience. is this expected for the rides here. frozen had screens down, splash had many stationary statues and things just felt off.

Im just like you, hate splash and tot. I can 100% guarantee you'll be fine. It's honestly less than 2 seconds
I have someone with me that will have jaw surgery a couple months before we go. My question where in the ride will the drop happen? I don’t want her to be unprepared for it and jerk her jaw lol. I’m sure she will be pretty healed by then, but I still want her to know when it will drop?

How do you get 3 boarding times per day? ...

Last edited:
hi all,

so I just rode rise for the first time a couple days ago. we had 2 days at the studio and the only day I managed to get a pass. kinda upset about that but it's another story. anyways I was wondering if they have been running this ride this way for a while.

we skipped the entire preshow for the ride and the initial ship. we walked from the line directly dow. a corridor taking us into the star destroyer bay. my daughter was confused as what was happening and it made no sense at all. and then the ride had many effects down as well. the light saber didn't come through the ceiling but we had the sounds lol. it was a hot mess effects and sounds were off and when the ride ended I complained and was told that's how they were running it for a while and I should be happy I had a boarding group. I talked to 3 people at the ride and guest services about the issue. it was annoying and I hate being lied to. after my complaints the ride went down, not sure if it's connected or not. anyways my wife went on it with the little one, child swap, and it seemed to be working normal and she asked and they said it was that way all day. has this happened to other people. it kinda irks me as I was excited for the ride but I had the disco yeti experience. is this expected for the rides here. frozen had screens down, splash had many stationary statues and things just felt off.

When me and my wife went last November it was the same thing where the initial ship was skipped. We had to go outside and then came in for the second part of the ride.

I was happy to get on the ride at all. I wish I was able to experience the full thing but well maybe next time.

hi all,

yeah, we had similar experience the first time we rode it last Oct. No transport ship at all, no holograms of Rey, just straight from outside into the stormtrooper room, and the rest of the ride. We hadn't watched any spoilers/ride throughs, so we really were not sure if/what we missed. I knew I'd seen a hologram of Rey, and a screen of Poe in the advertisements, though. After we rode it then, hubby and I were both underwhelmed. Like, hmm, not sure that lived up to the hype.
Found out later that we had missed about 1/3 of the ride. And it sure would've made it all make more sense. We were confused to as to what was happening.
DId get 2 full rides on our return trip in Nov, so that was great. Then we got all the hype, once you get to do the whole thing. Dh also had 3 full rides in March., and got to see the 2 different escapes. I hope you'll get to go again and get the whole experience. makes it a lot better for sure.
When he was there in march, one day at HS, almost all the rides were having glitches. CMs said it was an early morning electrical surge, or something.

yeah, we had similar experience the first time we rode it last Oct. No transport ship at all, no holograms of Rey, just straight from outside into the stormtrooper room, and the rest of the ride. We hadn't watched any spoilers/ride throughs, so we really were not sure if/what we missed. I knew I'd seen a hologram of Rey, and a screen of Poe in the advertisements, though. After we rode it then, hubby and I were both underwhelmed. Like, hmm, not sure that lived up to the hype.
Found out later that we had missed about 1/3 of the ride. And it sure would've made it all make more sense. We were confused to as to what was happening.
DId get 2 full rides on our return trip in Nov, so that was great. Then we got all the hype, once you get to do the whole thing. Dh also had 3 full rides in March., and got to see the 2 different escapes. I hope you'll get to go again and get the whole experience. makes it a lot better for sure.
When he was there in march, one day at HS, almost all the rides were having glitches. CMs said it was an early morning electrical surge, or something.

Yeah me and my wife going again next month. Hopefully our day at HS gets us the full experience this time. If not going next year with her family. Eventually it will happen.

But yeah we were super confused as well when we first went outside. Very weird.

The ride had been down for a bit before we were called so I imagine the initial parts of the ride broke down then.

Yeah me and my wife going again next month. Hopefully our day at HS gets us the full experience this time. If not going next year with her family. Eventually it will happen.

But yeah we were super confused as well when we first went outside. Very weird.

The ride had been down for a bit before we were called so I imagine the initial parts of the ride broke down then.
hi all,

Just got back from our trip and rode RoR on Friday April 30. It was our first time on the ride and we just walked through the storm trooper room.I didn’t realize that we had missed a whole section until reading this and looking up a video.
is skipping that whole pre-ride bit a Covid thing? Or have they been doing this and we just got a “bad day”?

Just got back from our trip and rode RoR on Friday April 30. It was our first time on the ride and we just walked through the storm trooper room.I didn’t realize that we had missed a whole section until reading this and looking up a video.
is skipping that whole pre-ride bit a Covid thing? Or have they been doing this and we just got a “bad day”?
I had thought there were distancing procedures in place that allowed the pre-shows to happen even in the current environment. Maybe there was enough noncompliance to cause a change, since the abbreviated attraction seems to be happening a lot lately. Or maybe something is broken worse than normal. Either way, it sounds disappointing.

I had thought there were distancing procedures in place that allowed the pre-shows to happen even in the current environment. Maybe there was enough noncompliance to cause a change, since the abbreviated attraction seems to be happening a lot lately. Or maybe something is broken worse than normal. Either way, it sounds disappointing.
I had avoided any spoilers before our trip so didn’t even realize we had missed something until I came here today to read a bit. It’s ok, this was our need to escape trip after being cooped up for over a year - we will be back for a more normal trip in the future and hopefully experience it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter