Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

I tried today, but the join button didn't even show up for me after refreshing multiple times. Either my app glitched or they're not even trying boarding groups today. I tried on Thursday, the app had some serious lag when I got to the second screen and I got group 89. I'm on an iphone 12 pro max, so the speed should be fine.

EDITS: apparently another poster was able to practice this AM, guess I'll be trying at 2 pm. Weird glitch.

Last edited:
FYI - though they got through a bunch of boarding groups yesterday, they are only running one car at time as one of the two lifts in the AT-AT room is not operating.

I completely missed the coolest part of the ride yesterday (according to my husband), so we're going to try again on Friday 😆

Maybe we'll be in the front this time! I'm pretty short, so could only see so much around the tall people in front of us, lol.

I completely missed the coolest part of the ride yesterday (according to my husband), so we're going to try again on Friday 😆

Maybe we'll be in the front this time! I'm pretty short, so could only see so much around the tall people in front of us, lol.
Which part is that? :)

Which part is that? :)
Something about Kylo trying to murder us from above?

Husband was like "that lightsaber effect was so cool!" And I thought he meant just the projection walking towards us and I was like, I mean it was okay I guess, and then he described it more and I was like nope, definitely missed that somehow!

Does anyone know if many of the effects have been working lately? Has Kylo Ren been in B mode a lot lately? Are the cannons moving forward? Etc They seem to be getting through a good amount of BG’s each day as of late and I was wondering if the effects inside the attraction have been working better.

Does anyone know if many of the effects have been working lately? Has Kylo Ren been in B mode a lot lately? Are the cannons moving forward? Etc They seem to be getting through a good amount of BG’s each day as of late and I was wondering if the effects inside the attraction have been working better.
They have all the elevators working which is why the number has increased. As far as effects those are more random . Sometimes they work and same day they might not

Overall, fantastic ride.

My one quibble with the experience is how they are handling the rebel transport right now. The guests ignore the cast member instructions and head to the best spots in a first come, first served manner. We were the last in, so we got stuck in one of the front corners and couldn't see Lieutenant what's-his-name and the stuff behind him.

I was trying to come up with a few witty responses to the First Order Officers to see if I could get them to break character, but alas, they didn't interrogate me. 😜

Overall, fantastic ride.

My one quibble with the experience is how they are handling the rebel transport right now. The guests ignore the cast member instructions and head to the best spots in a first come, first served manner. We were the last in, so we got stuck in one of the front corners and couldn't see Lieutenant what's-his-name and the stuff behind him.

I was trying to come up with a few witty responses to the First Order Officers to see if I could get them to break character, but alas, they didn't interrogate me. 😜
Wow, how experiences can differ! We rode twice last week, and both times ithe groups loaded onto the transport as instructed by the CMs. Maybe it was because our groups loaded first each time and were assigned to those forward positions, from which I agree we couldn’t really see what was going on in the cockpit!

Hey all, Happy New Year! Haven't posted in a while but came to the spoilers thread to ask: My sister will be in her 2nd trimester for our trip in May. Is there any portion of the attraction she can walk through before the interrogation/holding cell sequence? We'll have my 2yo nephew with us as well, which is another reason she can't ride.

Obviously this is all assuming I can grab a boarding group for us, but I think she'd really like to see all the other pre-shows if possible, especially the hangar with all the stormtroopers.

Hey all, Happy New Year! Haven't posted in a while but came to the spoilers thread to ask: My sister will be in her 2nd trimester for our trip in May. Is there any portion of the attraction she can walk through before the interrogation/holding cell sequence? We'll have my 2yo nephew with us as well, which is another reason she can't ride.

Obviously this is all assuming I can grab a boarding group for us, but I think she'd really like to see all the other pre-shows if possible, especially the hangar with all the stormtroopers.
Yes, she should be able to experience it up to seeing the stormtroopers. I’m sure there will be a way for her to exit before the “rough” part. However, if the 2 year old is less than 40” tall, he won’t be allowed in the queue. Y’all would need to use Rider Swap in that case.

The last preshow takes place immediately before the main part- I don’t know where the last point is to leave the queue though. Hopefully she can leave after that last preshow. The CM that check your boarding group before you are allowed into the queue should know.

I asked my DD that works in the attraction you can go all the way to the stormtrooper hangar room and exit there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter