Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride's reliability is a complete and utter disaster. I agree with some insiders who believe that it will be a recurring issue for the duration of this attraction. I am beginning to doubt whether they will ever be able to operate it like a regular attraction, since it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to when or how many times it's going to crash each day. Every time there appears to be some improvement at WDW, there's a horrible day where the ride takes two steps back, and after 6 weeks of operation, the improvement in getting more people through is minimal.

LOL! Its 6 weeks into operation.

Its a brand new ride, its going to have issues. Its not the first time a new ride in a theme park has been plagued with crippling reliability issues. Off the top of my head : Test Track, Top Thrill Dragster, Indiana Jones Adventure, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, Forbidden Journey are all attractions in the theme park industry that were massive reliability headaches when they debuted to the public. With time (and a lot of money) these attractions are pretty reliable now.

Disney will throw a ton of money at their new flagship ride to make it reliable.

They will figure it out.

Disney has been working on "it" for the last year. They even delayed opening by several months. Disney has been working on "it" at WDW since the 1st week of December, with little to no improvement. I wonder sincerely whether things will be fine anytime soon.
Wonder away. While Disney has been working on the ride for some time now, it’s only been open at DL for three days. This is the most cutting edge ride in the world. Hiccups are not surprising. Technical glitches and closures are a part of amusement parks. They happen every day.

I just don’t understand how anybody can look at this rides operations on both coasts and think, hmmm, I’d like to take my chances with a regular line here. No thank you.

More to the point, I don't understand how anybody could look at the Disney operations on both coasts and around the world and think that they can solve the problem better than Disney. And I'm not saying that as blind loyalty, I just think that Disney have tons of experience with these situations and the infinite number of variables involved, and that's the lens through which they view the problems. We see it through the lens of the customer, and that what we think is best is clearly biased in favor of what would benefit us and our preferred ways of experiencing the parks.

None of us have enough experience or a wide enough view of the situation to second-guess the institutional knowledge the company brings to the problem. I don't think we should just blindly trust eveything around us, but some of this discussion borders on arrogance, especially three days into the operation. How many of us think the general public are informed enough and experienced enough to tell us how to do our jobs? Yet we're happy to tell Disney how to do theirs.

Of course, I recognize the spirit of these discussions: we want a place to vent and verbalize other ideas. And that's great!

Quick edit to add: I'm not trying to say that Disney or any other organization is infallible! I just think it's really easy to play "armchair quarterback" and think we have all the answers.

Wonder away. While Disney has been working on the ride for some time now, it’s only been open at DL for three days. This is the most cutting edge ride in the world. Hiccups are not surprising. Technical glitches and closures are a part of amusement parks. They happen every day.

To be fair, it’s been open since early December in DHS with little change. Some (relatively) great days, a few terrible days, but overall BG per hour remains pretty similar to what it was at the beginning.

To be fair, it’s been open since early December in DHS with little change. Some (relatively) great days, a few terrible days, but overall BG per hour remains pretty similar to what it was at the beginning.
Yep. And that’s thousands of riders who generally didn’t have to wait in line for hours upon hours to experience the attraction. I’d call that a success and it’s only going to get better.

Yep. And that’s thousands of riders who generally didn’t have to wait in line for hours upon hours to experience the attraction. I’d call that a success and it’s only going to get better.

Oh absolutely. I think the BGs have been the absolute right move and any issues people have with it would be magnified with a stand by line.

The reliability itself leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm also really annoyed with negativity here. C'mon, people.

Complaining about how DL staff is handling everything is fair game, but all of the rampant speculation, projection, and passive-aggressive "oh look" is really unpleasant. Seriously, it's Day 3.

For the record: ROTR-DHS literally just had one of the best-performing days of its existence. They were averaging 12.1 BGs an hour (157 BGs) on a busy day. It's gonna get better.

To even have a chance, you have to be inside the park prior to rope drop. But that guarantees you nothing. You then have to hope for a reliable app connection, fast fingers, and not getting any app "errors." But even then....no guarantee you'll get to ride. You may end up in a backup group, in which case you're going to be waiting 12+ hours before your ride time arrives. So you don't have to wait in a line, but you do have to wait 12+ hours to ride. MAYBE. You may wait 12 hours, and then get a notification that you're SOL.

And this is after 6 weeks to get things right at WDW. Little has changed there, except from the size of crowds going to the park.

Im not sure about yesterday but WDW never keeps them open until closing it feels like. I think usually it’s around two hours before? So if that’s accurate they’ve still got a few more hours to 10. Good luck. Hope you get called
WDW has stopped calling new boarding groups pretty consistently at 2 hours prior to closing. But it's been reported some times that they really placed a *lot* of people in the queue before they stopped calling them.

Sayhello

I'm also really annoyed with negativity here. C'mon, people.

Complaining about how DL staff is handling everything is fair game, but all of the rampant speculation, projection, and passive-aggressive "oh look" is really unpleasant. Seriously, it's Day 3.

For the record: ROTR-DHS literally just had one of the best-performing days of its existence. They were averaging 12.1 BGs an hour (157 BGs) on a busy day. It's gonna get better.

2 days ago DHS version had by far its worst day yet, in terms of BG per hour.

Not saying it to be negative, just trying to temper expectations that it’s going to get better quickly, it’s still seeing major swings at DHS and not much overall improvement (in terms of BG per hour) since opening in early December. Anyone going to DLR in the near future, I would plan for the “worst”.

So we should get there tomorrow morning around 6. Which parking lot do you suggest we go to. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter