Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have to stop commenting that all seems to be going well. Every time someone says that, the ride goes down at least twice. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ( I kid, but seriously. πŸ€£πŸ˜†)

We all know it’s only a matter of time. I wonder how Sunday will go since the engineer B squad seems to be working every Sunday.

Our BG 24 started boarding at 9:09am. We had 2 hours to board. We got in line about 20 min later. Line went smoothly. Took about 20 min in line to get to the attraction. It was incredible! Really amazing.

I was with my sister @sarajoy, our sister and mom. My Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown Tracfone scored the BG in front of Plaza Inn. Many people in the crowd went past us when the rope dropped at 7:50am but we decided to stay put where our signal was good and focus on the BG. It was cool yet nerve wracking to see many other groups around us focused on their phones, prepping to get a BG. I closed all apps on my phone. Opened DL app about 7:55 am. My sister counted down the last 20 seconds for us and I clicked Find Out More about 1 second before. Gray button so clicked My Status. Got Red Join Boarding Group button from there. What an emotional adrenaline rush!

I got our BG in front of plaza inn as well! So glad you got to ride!

Has there been a day yet with fewer than 2 breakdowns? I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing that they have not been able to go more than 8 hours without a breakdown. I really would like to be a glass half full kind of guy in terms of my opinion of this ride, but so far it has given me zero reason to think that's ever going to be the case.
January 27 had only one breakdown of about 40 minutes duration.
On January 28th, it started the day horribly, but operated non stop from just after noon until the attraction shut down at 9 (they stopped calling just after 8).

These are, of course, outliers, and not statistically relevant, though they do prove that the attraction is capable of such things.

I also think that 3 weeks or even 3 months of operational statistics are not enough data to establish a predictive model extending years into the future. When we have 6 months of data, we might be able to draw some conclusions. WDI has more data than we do because they have data from the CM preview as well as dry runs done prior to that. They are also able to classify the failures, which we are unable to do. Something tells me that they are meeting regularly to discuss the data trends and hopefully also comparing notes with the other coast.

We were on track to have an amazing day before the extended breakdown at 5pm.

Even so, we finished above average. Solid ops through about the first 4 hours, then some scattered short breakdowns before things got serious. We got done with the regular groups before 3pm, which is a first.

I'm very curious to see if the Sunday curse can be broken.

WGood luck to everyone going today! Called audible at last minute to switch from DCA (nervous RSR and Incredicoaster) might be closed most of the day so switching to DL and will give ROR a try.

Last edited:
maybe i'll play at home today - does the BG line open today at 8 AM?
it'll be right during dinner with the grandkids....
perhaps i'll show them how it's done...
what are the odds they'll still be doing this nonsense 17 months from now when the entire clan heads to WDW for our 3 week extravaganza?
The oldest is 5. If he practices between now and then, i'm betting on BG 1.....LOL..

which reminds me....someone on here got a great BG yesterday by their 10 year old on an old phone....makes sense....all that time wasted playing on the phone has to be good for something!!

From entering toy story parking to entering the park took around 30 minutes.

Security on Harbor is 5-10 minutes, lots of lines open far left that people don’t realize (and then other people shove through to get there...), lines to enter park is around the monorail but is moving quickly.

It’s stopped raining, hopefully it holds up for a little bit.

Interesting that the ride broke down yesterday around 5 PM. We (BG 99) rode around 4:30 and noticed one of the animatronics seemed broken - to avoid spoilers by naming it, it just sat there not moving when it was clearly supposed to be doing something.

wonder if that directly led to the down time or if there was another issue too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter