• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if anyone has used an ECV for the ride, let me know. I have a friend who uses one, and she is worried about ride transferring

Theres a thread about it over in Disabilities. But basically if your in the ECV your supposed to transfer out in the hanger room. It doesn’t take long to get through the next part arguably. But if she’s concerned I might recommend getting a day chair if anyone can push it. Chairs are allowed to go all the way to the ride vehicle while ECVs are not.

It used to be, but then word got out that “Superbowl Sunday is empty,” so it’s been bad for a few years, or at least it was from like 2016-18 - I was out of the loop last year, so not sure.

I’m expecting a big rope drop crowd tomorrow.

Last year Superbowl weekend was a TORRENTIAL downpour weekend. As in the under the train tracks to Toon Town flooded, they closed the park an hour early, flash flood warnings on your phone rain. :-) We were there both Saturday and Sunday (Superbowl) with my daughter's high school music program. It was GREAT!! (other than being wet and cold), the crowds were soooooo low!!
That being said, I'm 100% sure that was because of the rain, not the Superbowl!

Also if anyone has used an ECV for the ride, let me know. I have a friend who uses one, and she is worried about ride transferring
Yesterday while in the queue I saw castmembers helping a guest transfer from a scooter to a wheelchair that had the ride logo on the back. They must have them there for ECV guests.

I can't quite remember which part of the queue the transfer happened in though. But, it was definitely inside.

If your friend can walk and stand for about 5 minutes, the ECV can go all the way up to the last portion of the ride. They will have it waiting at the end of the ride.

Hello! Chiming in with my experience today... My friend and I arrived at security from Harbor Blvd at 7am, and were in line by 7:15. As someone else mentioned earlier, the ground was taped off to try to organize a queue, and the cast members had all non extra magic hour guests form a snaking line for the right-side turnstiles. Our place in line was right under the monorail tracks.

At some point, they flipped the middle turnstiles to “Exit” and a ton of people RAN to line up there—it was CHAOS. No order to it whatsoever, it felt like it was just a mob of people crowding the entrance. Not gonna lie, I panicked a bit! We got inside by 7:40 so still not too bad considering.

We stood by the castle which was surprisingly quiet and we had full bars. I used my iPhone 11 Pro on AT&T and my old iPhone X on Wi-Fi, my friend used her iPhone X on T-Mobile. Our winner was the Wi-Fi iPhone X (!!!!) with BG 72. Not great but I’ll take it! The T-Mobile phone’s “Join Boarding Group” button never flipped to red, even after the “my status” cha cha; I did everything in tandem on my two phones (tapped Find Out More at 8am on the dot, then had red Join Boarding Group buttons on both) but I guess the Wi-Fi was slightly better in that area. The group right next to us got BG 31, not sure if they were on Wi-Fi or cellular.

Our group was called to ride at 2:40 and we’re heading over now, super excited!

If your friend can walk and stand for about 5 minutes, the ECV can go all the way up to the last portion of the ride. They will have it waiting at the end of the ride.
Yes, now I remember. It was right before the final portion of the ride where I saw the ECV to wheelchair transfer happen.

So I assume you could enter GE from Frontierland right after rope drop. That's what I'm planning to do on my first visit to the park, and I don't want to be sent back to another entrance.
Yes, once the rope dropped at Frontier Land, you can get into GE. They are directing people when you get into GE towards Smugglers Run because that is where most people are headed.

The T-Mobile phone’s “Join Boarding Group” button never flipped to red, even after the “my status” cha cha
Do you mean the "Join Boarding Group" button on the My Status page? If so, I don't think it turns red(I could be wrong). I used that one yesterday and the text and rectangular outline were blue, as opposed to the "greyed out" blue that you see if you were to look at it when BG's are not available.

Yes, once the rope dropped at Frontier Land, you can get into GE. They are directing people when you get into GE towards Smugglers Run because that is where most people are headed.
You can get into SWGE thru the Frontierland entrance at rope drop?

So I assume you could enter GE from Frontierland right after rope drop. That's what I'm planning to do on my first visit to the park, and I don't want to be sent back to another entrance.
I think they were referring to a specific entrance to GE, but they didn't say which. Technically you can get to all 3 entrances through Frontier Land. When you get to Rivers of America, go left to go through the Hungry Bear entrance. Or, go right to enter the other two which are both on Big Thunder Trail.

I'm curious myself. Are all three entrances now open at rope drop? I don't think they were when Galaxy's Edge first opened.

I use an ECV. You can go to a certain point with it. I simply say I can transfer, but need to be able to sit until necessary (trying to do this without spoilers). From that point, it is about 2 min standing and maybe 50-75 steps? If they cannot do that, let the CM know. You will use a transfer chair to go from where you have to leave the ECV.

Do you mean the "Join Boarding Group" button on the My Status page? If so, I don't think it turns red(I could be wrong). I used that one yesterday and the text and rectangular outline were blue, as opposed to the "greyed out" blue that you see if you were to look at it when BG's are not available.

Should have clarified—neither button would activate. “Join Boarding Group” never turned to red, and when she tapped My Status, the button there was greyed out and wouldnt reload with the blue outline. She went back and forth a few times and right when I was telling her to close the app and relaunch we got a group through one of my phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter