Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presidents Weekend is going to be busy, no doubt, but I'm wondering if its going to fall victim to people being scared of crowds and not going and perhaps be not quite as bad as everyone fears? It's still wide open all weekend for Flex Pass reservations whereas nearly every weekend for the Nov/Dec holiday season as well as ROTR opening weekend/MLK were Reservation Unavailable weeks ahead of time...

Or am I just making excuses for trying to talk myself into going that weekend... LOL

Don't go. It will be insane. Canada also has a long weekend (Monday is family day) and Friday (Valentine's day) is a non-instuctional day at a lot of schools. I tried to get flights to ANYWHERE with sun from Vancouver & Seattle area airports- flight prices are 2 - 3 times their usual costs. Hotels don't seem to be as bad, but still inflated. I've honestly never seen fights so expensive!

a question regarding wifi

it seems that everyone posting here uses their carrier connection rather than wifi....
has anyone tried using wifi?
does it not work?

when my daughter and i were at WDW in august, we had a very difficult time with the wifi..
but since our roaming package was terrible, we had no choice but to stick with the wifi..
as a result, we never succeeded in making a mobile counter service order, though we tried many times over the course of the 14 days we were there...
the wifi failed every single time..
i'm wondering if the same happens when trying to get a BG....

it seems that everyone posting here uses their carrier connection rather than wifi....
does it not work?

when my daughter and i were at WDW in august, we had a very difficult time with the wifi..
but since our roaming package was terrible, we had no choice but to stick with the wifi..
as a result, we never succeeded in making a mobile counter service order, though we tried many times over the course of the 14 days we were there...

I had this concern for an upcoming trip because of no roaming data plan. Some people have found decent wifi signals and got BGs that way, but it dosen't seem to be consistently reliable.

Another member here recommended Roam Mobility. You can buy a SIM card online, which gives you a USA phone# and then you can buy a daily roaming plan for $4.95 CAD per day, unlimited calling, text and a big chunk of mobile data. You swap out your SIM card during your trip. You just need to make sure your phone is unlocked.

We're going to try it this on our trip in March.

It used to be, but then word got out that “Superbowl Sunday is empty,” so it’s been bad for a few years, or at least it was from like 2016-18 - I was out of the loop last year, so not sure.

I’m expecting a big rope drop crowd tomorrow.
Crowd was huge today all up and down main street and just generally everywhere it was packed, but it is a Saturday.

I had this concern for an upcoming trip because of no roaming data plan. Some people have found decent wifi signals and got BGs that way, but it dosen't seem to be consistently reliable.

Another member here recommended Roam Mobility. You can buy a SIM card online, which gives you a USA phone# and then you can buy a daily roaming plan for $4.95 CAD per day, unlimited calling, text and a big chunk of mobile data. You swap out your SIM card during your trip. You just need to make sure your phone is unlocked.

We're going to try it this on our trip in March.

i hope it works for you! perhaps you should try one phone doing that and the other on wifi?

does it not work?

Somewhere back in this thread, a few people have posted success with getting a BG using the WiFi. I think the key would be to find a spot with a strong signal and not a lot of people around. Since so many are using cellular the WiFi may actually not be too bad,

Don't go. It will be insane. Canada also has a long weekend (Monday is family day) and Friday (Valentine's day) is a non-instuctional day at a lot of schools. I tried to get flights to ANYWHERE with sun from Vancouver & Seattle area airports- flight prices are 2 - 3 times their usual costs. Hotels don't seem to be as bad, but still inflated. I've honestly never seen fights so expensive!

Our school is off the entire week so maybe the girls and I will go for the day on Wednesday. The little one is too short for ROTR so we won’t have to deal with getting a BG.

Our school is off the entire week so maybe the girls and I will go for the day on Wednesday. The little one is too short for ROTR so we won’t have to deal with getting a BG.
Just remember to remove the little one's ticket from the app so you won't get stuck with the 'remove from group' screen and take precious seconds.

remind me how baby swap works...
lets say i have a group of 4 adults and 1 baby...
all 5 get a boarding group and go into the regular line when the BG is called...
when they get to the point of BG scanning, they ask for a baby swap (whatever it's called)...
3 of the adults continue through the line, while 1 adult stays off with the baby waiting at the exit..
when the 3 adults exit, the remaining adult gets to go on and takes with him/her 2 of the adults who already rode, reentering the ride via the FP line...
is that correct?

We spent last night at the Wyndham Garden Anaheim on Katella (which was quite nice).

Left the hotel at 6:30 and were at Harbor security at 6:40, only took a couple of minutes to get through.

Morning Magic took up the majority of the center entrances and the lines were at the monorail. Regular entrance had the first few entrances closest to Harbor and lines were about halfway across the Esplanade.

MM gates opened at 0656, regular at about 0715. There was tape on the ground to form lines once you got closer to the front, and CMs directing folks. Eventually the MM gates turned to “exit,” so a bunch of people jumped over there for when they became normal entrances.

Scanned into the park at 0732. Sent my friend to the queue for the Boarding Group machines in Tomorrowland. I walked up and down Main Street looking for the fastest internet speed (nowhere was great, but near the flag pole was best). Moved towards the exit and found that speeds were pretty good in the entrance plaza in front of the train station.

Shut off WiFi, cellular to all apps except atomic clock and DL. Opened app fresh about ten seconds to 8. Clicked on Find Out More, join Boarding Group was grey; clicked on my status and was immediately given choice to Join Boarding Group from there. Got BG 45. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and AT&T. My friend never saw saw join boarding group by the time I got us in.

Lines to get in at 0759 were still pretty long. Definitely some sad faces when we crossed over to DCA just after 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter