RIP Thread

I only met Stan once at an NHRA event with a group of other racers that I knew (Randy Parks Top Fuel Dragster driver).
Read many of his articles, was nice to put a face with a name, especially in journalism.
He was genuinely a nice person to everyone he met

Former Alabama Assistant Coach Pat Dye died today at 80yo due to kidney problems.

Pat was famous for his way with the English language.

A. During his interview to be Auburn's football coach, he was asked how long it would take to beat Alabama (who owned something like a 8 yr run on Auburn). Dye's reply was, "sixty minutes".

B. He once claimed on radio (and it was taped) that "hindsight is 50-50".

C. Relating a story of how he had lunch with the famous Alabama author Harper Lee, Pat said she had written the book, "To Kill a Black Bird".

D. The story of how he lost his pants (with his wallet in it) on Lake Martin which were found 20 years later is funny (Dye claims to not remember losing his pants). Heck, that's understandable. It happens to me so many times I don't remember each event, right? :confused3

So here's to one Patrick Fain Dye.

giphy.gif

He was a true "character".

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Today We lost Charlie Daniels a true friend of veterans and a great musician

he played the talladega infield a couple years ago and was still pretty good. I’d previously seen him about 20 years earlier, not so good. So it was good to see him in better shape.

As a lot of you may of heard, on yesterday we lost a member on our Dis camping forum.

Arnold, or as most of us knew him as Grumpyaggie, went to peaceful rest on yesterday. I got to meet him once while attending a Dismeet at GSP and really enjoyed it. We agreed on a lot of things and he just seemed to blend right in. He was to join us in October and I was looking forward to seeing him again and his lovely wife Gloria.

Gloria, we all love ya, and will miss Arnold very much.

I intend to send floral arrangement and will label it as from all of us here on the Dis Camping Forum.

As a lot of you may of heard, on yesterday we lost a member on our Dis camping forum.

Arnold, or as most of us knew him as Grumpyaggie, went to peaceful rest on yesterday. I got to meet him once while attending a Dismeet at GSP and really enjoyed it. We agreed on a lot of things and he just seemed to blend right in. He was to join us in October and I was looking forward to seeing him again and his lovely wife Gloria.

Gloria, we all love ya, and will miss Arnold very much.

I intend to send floral arrangement and will label it as from all of us here on the Dis Camping Forum.
So sorry to hear. Condolences to Gloria and family

Bert & Chris, I am so sorry for the loss of your of Mother. Sending prayers for y'all & your family. May God send you the peace & comfort that only he can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter