Right Or Left Handed?

Left Handed or Right?

• Lefty of Course!

• I'm A Righty!

Results are only viewable after voting.
DH & I are both lefties, but both kids are righties. (And each of them brought it up with their teachers during lessons on genetics about how that wasn't possible. ;)) My ILs just couldn't have it that neither of them was a leftie :confused3 and insisted on making them change hands until they were old enough to say "I can't use that hand!" :lmao: Of course with DS that was much earlier than with DD...he was a militant rightie from the beginning...I'm talking before he was a year old!! (Contrary to what they told us in child psych about kids not "deciding" until they were 5 or 6.) DD just didn't care. ;)

I am the only leftie in my entire family as far up as grandparents, after that I'm not sure if there were any.

And DD has already started as a rightie and even holds the pencil correctly.

Yet another righty here, and married to a righty as well. Owen though, everything is left handed right now. Ok, so 2.5 months is too young to show handedness, but still!

I'm a righty and DH is too. DD is right, DS1(almost 2 ) is right I am pretty sure, but DS4 is left handed. DH & I both have lefties in our families. The leftie is driving me nuts!! I can't figure out how to teach him how to hold a pencil! He has just recently started drawing (yes, very late) because he would give up in frustration. He insists on holding the pencil in his fist -- point coming out by the pinky, eraser up near the thumb.

And what do you do about the computer mouse? We all use on it the right side of the keyboard with our right hands...I am supposed to move it over to the other side for him? Is there a left handed mouse? I am beginning to understand why they used to try to force kids to their right hand. Not that I want to do that, just that I don't how to help him!

As for the pencil.. set it up in your left hand and try to write.. I write similar to a right handed person in the way I hold my pencil.. My pencil rests on the inside of my middle finger..and I grip it w/ my index finger on top and my thumb slightly to the lower right of my index finger.. Some lefties write over top but my 1st grade teacher taped my paper to my desk on an angel to the right hand... so if you would sit a paper straight on the table.. rotate to the right about 15 degrees or so.. she taped it down so it wouldn't move... She was a wicked lady!That then caused problems because as I began writing with pen my hand would cross over all my words thus smearing them.. than I would get lectures about that... :( Once the teachers figured out the problem they understood.. another reason I can't use felt tip pens.. most of my writing is on my hand and not my paper.. (Does that make sense)
Tell ds not to get frustrated... as a leftie.. it was frustrating for me to teach my righties had to tie shoes or write... it took a while..but we got it.. they were writing before kdg. without issues (sentences even)..

The computer mouse.. it's just an adjustment.. I've mastered using my right hand for it... just takes practice..

mouse on the right, that's just the way it is since we re drastically out numbered.

OMG erasable pens stink!!!! They were horrible.
One good thing about being a leftie, no one can cheat off of you because our hand blocks the righties view!!
my pencil rests on my ring finger and I pinch it with my middle, pointer and thumb.
we never taped our paper down but did the 15 degree turn, righties turned it in the opposite direction.
I think the worst thing about lefties was the desk/chair combo in high school there were never enough desks in a room for us. so I would have to sit almost sideways to write.

My DD and I are the righties, but my DH and DS are lefties. Here's a couple of points for your theory...In our house the lefties are more creative.

aughhh!! we really are sinking :)

The mouse is on the right here, since i just kinda got usd to it growing up & since now DH is a rightie. No biggie :)

Yeah! Spiral note books are awful for lefties.. My kids laugh at me because now that we are not in school (we as in ME!) I put the spiral on the on my right side and write in the tablet upside down!

I also make my checks backwards.. so the tall line of the check goes to my left!

I have a family of 4 - all righties. Actually in my entire family there is only one lefty - my aunt. We are all right. :)

Both my kids are righties...made it really easy to teach them right from left though...

"Which hand to you write with? Hold it up... Which hand is left?" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter