ridiculously silly question

luvsTink

DIS Veteran
OK...let me say right up front that I know this is a goofy question..

but, what happens if most of our party...say 4 people....are in line at an attraction and the other 3 are not due to ages...and the 4 in line are given dream fast passes....is the rest of the group just out of luck? Wouldn't that stink? I guess in that case the original 4 could just give theirs away. :confused3

Anne

The person has to be present to win the prize, so yes, those that are not with you would be out of luck... BUT, a way to work around that with the DreamFastPass is, since (we will use your scenario) 4 people would have Dream Fastpasses and 3 would not, you can take the 4 tickets and get an extra fastpass for the other people... Since the 4 will not need a fastpass (cause they have the DreamFast Pass) you can get 3 fastpass for one attraction with the other 3 peoples tickets and then get an additional 4 fastpass for a seperate attraction so that your party can have 2 fastpasses at once does that make sense... That is how we have seen it worked out. Dad and Johnny win DreamFast Passes, they no longer need the regular fastpasses so Mom and Susie can get Fastpasses for Peter Pan (with their park tickets) AND Winnie the Pooh (with dad and Johnnies for the same return time) and you can all ride together.

Unfortunatley the way the sweepstakes is set up you have to be present to win. Present being at the location at the time the prize is being given away. So if you are at the load of a ride and your family is waiting for you at the exit unfortunatley they are not eligible for the prize because they are not at the prize distribution location.

The way CDS explained it is a good way to look at it, with the Dream Fast Pass, if you win you can then use your park ticket to get and extra pass for someone in your party that did not win. Use it to the best of it's ability for your situation.

or.. if your entire party does win.. and you are leaving the park.. get a fast pass and spread pixie dust!!!

Sometimes....even if the entire party is present....everyone doesn't "win." While my party of 8 was exiting Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, my son was selected to win the backstage meet and greet with the ABC Soap Opera stars. Unfortunately, he could only take 3 of us with him. Myself, the two babies, and my niece were unable to go. I was ok with it, but she was a little disappointed.

All 8 of us were given 2 fastpasses at MK and free ice cream. After the other 4 went to MGM (without us) they were given 6 fastpasses to use at MGM.

I'm just happy we were given something, though!

Trixie

I met a family this past week were the older kids won the dreams pass & the parent & younger child did not. They said it was not worth the hassle of all of them trying to get on together. They kids won it early in the day & it was like 8:30pm when I met them. They were using it for the first time!
I understand rules for them & not everyone wins them, but when you have a family, no not just a group of people, but a real family.. 2 parents & 3 kids, really doesn't sound like it is the best thing.. Either give it to all of the family or none of them.. pass them on & give to a group of 2.. not 2 out of 5.

I understand rules for them & not everyone wins them, but when you have a family, no not just a group of people, but a real family.. 2 parents & 3 kids, really doesn't sound like it is the best thing.. Either give it to all of the family or none of them.. pass them on & give to a group of 2.. not 2 out of 5.

Unfortunatley the way that the game rules are set up with the state of Florida "they" can not pass them up. That would be discriminating against them... but the rules specifically state must be present to win, so they can't give them extras for Family that are not there and they can't skip over them. The prizes have to be given out in consecutive order at the location and time that they are being distributed. The only way that they can Pass over someone would be if the person themselves declines the prize.

Just a side note, they WILL give them to the remaining family that IS next in line if they are physically there (DreamFastpasses, Dream Lanyards and Dream Ears). What I mean is, if the batch is 100 Dreamfastpasses and Mom and little Johnny are 99 and 100 and Dad and Little Susie make up 101 and 102 they WILL issues Dad and Little Susie the prize as well (you just have to make sure you say...they are with me.) They are able to accomodate that situation. With Fourboys mom's experience there is an alloted number of people that can attend that type of prize (any of the higher tier prizes, trips, the night in that castle, the events all have a max limit of people that can attend with the winner), so unfortunatley in her case some of the family did have to be excluded.

It may depend on the dream/moment... We were in line at Splash (just five of our 11) and my 4 year old sons were pulled out of line to go "fishing" Eric, the wonderful CM gave us a fastpass for all 11 of us to use any time that day in BTMR or Splash and moved the 5 of us to the front of the line.
Just BEING at WDW is magical and I think people may lose sight of this in the quest for dreams and disappointment at not getting one. We still would have had a perfectly wonderful vaction, even without the "dream/moment".:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter