Ridiculed again!

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Coworkers were making fun of me again today because they found out that I have 2 more Disney trips this year! I need some evil comments to make back to them. What do you say? Maybe the next time they ask where I am going on vacation I won't tell them!

I'll be interested in the answers here. I minimize talking about our trips to Disney, which are usually only one week a year. But I still feel like my friends think we spend too much time there.

I'd ask your coworkers where they are going this year on vacation. Something tells me it will probably not be as exciting as WDW. :teeth:

Have your co-workers ever been to WDW? We constantly meet people who don't have a clue what WDW is. They think it's just a theme park, like Disneyland, or like any other theme park out there, 6-Flags, etc.

Therein may be the problem. Maybe they don't understand it's a full resort destination in itself.

You are going where, again???!???

My response: (Smile gleefully) It is so wonderful there!
Sandie B

When people say to me, "You are going BACK there AGAIN!!???", I say, "Yup, it sucks to be us!"

They really can't figure us out!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

When I am asked why I go to Disney for my vacation every year, I ask them why do they go to the beach every year for theirs! Same reasons. End of discussion.

They're just jealous.

I agree with a previous poster. Ask them where they are going. Usually the answer is, "no where." Or, "I haven't decided yet," which is Latin for "no where."

When you actually go to DVC/WDW just sit there and relax, and think of those poor saps back home working. You end up with the last laugh.:p

We`ve taken our Boys to WDW every year (or every other year ), since they were very young. Most of our anniversary trips, without the kids, were to WDW too. When we`re asked where we are going on vacation, from: ( Friends, Family, Co-workers), that know us well, we just give them that, look, and they say "OK, we Know where"."THAT`S RIGHT, MAKES US HAPPY!!

Lately I`ve been saying what the little boy says in the Disneyworld commercial on tv,
"THAT "MICKEY', I CAN TALK TO HIM ,'ALL DAY'!!!!!!!::yes::

Originally posted by Deemarch
When people say to me, "You are going BACK there AGAIN!!???", I say, "Yup, it sucks to be us!" ...
Good response!

Nobody who knows us is at all surprised that we're going to WDW ...AGAIN. With our 6 yr old wheelchair-bound DS, it's easy for others to understand that someplace warm, totally wheelchair friendly where DS (plus Mom, Dad & little sister) get treated like royalty, is someplace we're going back to again and again. DS just does not enjoy anyplace as much as WDW, no place else welcomes him as well as the CMs and surroundings at WDW do.

But hey, no excuses should be required. None of my colleagues have been as adults, but I know they all plan to take their families in the next few years. Our 4 yr old DD gives touring advice to her little friends on their way down: "yeah and Cinderella has a golden carousel which is really pretty, and be sure to go to Buzz Likeyear..." (yeah all the kids on our street think it's "Likeyear").

Our friends have given in. Now they just ask "when are you going to Disney again"?

I find our family vacations more often than all my co-workers, even the childless double-income couples. It really is just a matter of what's important in your life. We place a high priority on our get-a-ways, and hope to always be able to keep them a priority. I save every vacation/personal and even a few sick:crazy2: days for my DVC trips.

:yo-yo:

Just tell them you're going to France. There are so many countries in the World Showcase that you should have a response for the next several trips! ;)

I am a Dental Hygienist part-time and full-time MOM, etc. My DD is in the 1st grade so ALL her friends think she is SO lucky. Most of them do not believe her when she tells them how many times we have been to DL/WDW. They ask me and I, of course, tell them she is telling the truth.

Everyone who knows our family already knows where we are going on vacation. They are surprised if we tell them a different destination.

My patients get to mostly listen ( I have a lot of one sided conversations:rolleyes: ). I have worked in the same office for 11 years and know my patients pretty well. I have some that are as crazy for Disney as I am and we exchange stories and I have had some bring me back souveniers (I have the best patients and job). Others will pick my brain to help them with their first time planning. If someone is not interested then we move on to another subject.

Disney addicts must stick together because some people just don't get it.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo I LOVE to vacation and I LOVE my DVC!::yes::

We also have had the head shakes, " what - again " comments,
" there are other places in the world " and so-on and so-on.

If you like it ,don't sweat it. Is it any different then someone always going to the lake, or camping, or to the same reosrt on a beach. Just let everyone know there are thousands more like you who go to WDW every year.

It's funny i get the opposite response. I am a police officer and when i tell the guys i work with we are going back to disney, they get jealous. Everyone at my department loves disney. I think the people that tease you about disney have not been there and really do not know what its like.

JMW:cool:

My DH just says that Disney is the only place that he can go and forget about work and just relax. As long as that happens, we will continue to go. We have been other places but Disney just has that special magic where you can truly be a kid. Our kids are grown. One will be honeymooning at Disney in July and the other also owns at DVC and he is not married and no kids. I guess this Disney disease is hereditary huh? If it is I don't want a cure!

Originally posted by Caskbill
Have your co-workers ever been to WDW? We constantly meet people who don't have a clue what WDW is. They think it's just a theme park, like Disneyland, or like any other theme park out there, 6-Flags, etc.

Therein may be the problem. Maybe they don't understand it's a full resort destination in itself.

I did a comparison speech several years ago on WDW and DL. As a "non-traditional student" I was way older than the other kids in the class and they kind of snickered at first when I gave the topic.

By the time I was finished explaining everything that WDW had to offer I swear half the kids in the class were ready to book a trip right then. I could actually see their faces change during the speech to "Wow!" Most had no idea what all WDW encompassed and I was happy to inform them. ::yes::

Kristen :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter