Revenge booking

geargrinder

Mouseketeer
I've been watching the 7 month availability and VDH and VGC for a trip toward the end of September. Both already had little to availability, even for a split stay. I like to make definitive plans so waitlist doesn't appeal to me.

So, out of /frustration/curiosity I looked at Aulani availability. "Accidently" booked a week in a Ocean View studio......

Aulani is the best thing Disney has ever built that isn't in Japan or float on water.

If you've never been, you're in for a treat.
Can I ask what your top reasons for saying "its one of the best" are? It is a long way from the east coast so really have not considered it, but.........................

Can I ask what your top reasons for saying "its one of the best" are? It is a long way from the east coast so really have not considered it, but.........................
Quality of the "fit and finish" used to build the resort; attention to detail; exceptional cast members. The only thing that isn't an A+ is the food, which is fine but not exceptional for the price.

As a Florida local, I was looking for last minute availability for the weekend at WDW. NOTHING would open up. I refreshed for 2 or 3 days straight. Finally, VDH came up for the exact dates. I text my friend, "Hey, wanna go to California instead?" Planned the trip and were there in less than 48 hours. 😂 Thanks DVC!

I've been watching the 7 month availability and VDH and VGC for a trip toward the end of September. Both already had little to availability, even for a split stay. I like to make definitive plans so waitlist doesn't appeal to me.

So, out of /frustration/curiosity I looked at Aulani availability. "Accidently" booked a week in a Ocean View studio......
Way to show them who is boss!!

I hope you really enjoy Aulani.

If you want to visit the U.S.S. Arizona, its not a long drive to Pearl Harbor - it on the same side of Honolulu as Aulani. Arizona tickets are timed and sell out - best bought in advance. Its easy to do two days at Pearl Harbor if you are interested in that period. The rest of Pearl Harbor doesn't need reservations - its really just the memorial (which is moving and worth a visit).

Note that Hawaii can be expensive - car rentals and food in particular. Watch car rental prices early and do some research on when to get a reservation for good pricing.

Aulani is wonderful - you'll love it. I agree that it has some of the best theming Disney has done for a resort. It's one of my favorites along with HHI. I have family heading there in May but I couldn't join them since I'm going to Japan this November.

The food there is kind of meh but if you have a car there are SO many amazing places to eat around the island.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest