Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

I like the new FP+ booking system, but the servers were NOT coping today. Took me 4 blooming hours to get them all sorted! But they're all booked, and we got everything we wanted, including FP+ for the Jungle Book show (so I can cancel the dining package! Yay!) Got SDMT for a few days, and the new Frozen ride, an evening safari, and a couple of days with Soarin' reservations. Very happy! :)

Did online check in this time too, so fingers crossed we get our requests (near transport and Cabanas area) :)

Glad you got sorted! Some good FP+ booked.

Our FP+ window opens 12th July, so I am hoping any issues with the servers are sorted by then. Hopefully we can get a FP+ for the Jungle Book show, the dining package ends 5 days before we arrive :worried:

We had booked the dining package at Tusker House later in our trip, but I'd rather cancel that- we also have Tusker booked on our first day (because I need to see Donald!)- we won't last for an evening show on the first day! There were FP+ available for both shows the day of our dining package so that's worked out very nicely! :D

39 days to go- where the heck is the time going?

So so so excited... but hating watching the pound continue it's crash. DH doesn't like changing cash early, so we're now playing the "jump now or hope it comes back up a bit" game!

Wow I can't believe you're going next month! As for the £ to $ I'd wait a week and then change. :)

Can't believe it's been over a year since booking!

We are only planning on taking a small amount of cash, the rest is going on a Halifax credit card. I have somehow managed to convince myself that we will feel less pain from the £ woes by spending on the CC....:sad2:

Just realised you have 6 days to go! :hyper:

Did you Mickey Mail arrive?

Yes! It arrived! Including cute luggage tags!! :D

5 days now and it feels a bit surreal. I got back from an incredible trip to France on Friday (with 49 teenagers who were so wonderful and so much fun to work with), got straight off the coach we'd overnighted back on into a car to go to Wales for the weekend and finally got home on Sunday. Doesn't feel possible we can be going on Sunday! Need to get sorted, and then maybe it'll feel real?!

Yes! It arrived! Including cute luggage tags!! :D

5 days now and it feels a bit surreal. I got back from an incredible trip to France on Friday (with 49 teenagers who were so wonderful and so much fun to work with), got straight off the coach we'd overnighted back on into a car to go to Wales for the weekend and finally got home on Sunday. Doesn't feel possible we can be going on Sunday! Need to get sorted, and then maybe it'll feel real?!

5 days! Woo!

I couldnt believe the luggage tags were included. I thought you only got them if you had flights booked through disney.

If you aren't on before you leave, have a fab time!

My goodness have a fabulous time!! I can't believe a whole year has gone. I can't wait to hear about it and have a magical holiday!!

After the blooming nightmare with seats last time, I was convinced we would be spending our wedding anniversary sitting separately... but check in is done and we're sitting together in a pair of seats! Which means DH gets to sit by a window, I get to sit on the aisle, we both get extra leg room but most importantly, we get to spend our anniversary together!!! YAY! SO very happy! Perfect start the trip, and I'm so relieved!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!