Return of REAL Meet-n-Greets

It seems that most of the meet and greet lines are back to the old style, including hugs. They also have some characters outside, still distanced. Overall when I was there this weekend it seems like there were more characters in general.

We did CRT for breakfast Thursday. Good news was we met Cinderella downstairs after (I believe that normally you meet her before the meal, but for whatever reason we did not), and got some hugs. No photopass.

Was thoroughly underwhelmed by the food, especially after doing Topolino’s two days earlier. Pastry selection (for me and 2 kids - my wife has celiac and was given two muffins) was 2 blueberry mickey muffins, 3 stale croissants and 4 strawberries. The meals were fine I guess, but more on par with what you would get from a quick serve place.

We had dinner with the beast that night, and while it was very very expensive, the food was good and the beast walked around and allowed the kids to high five him, which was very cool.

Stayed at the Boardwalk this week and Donald, Pluto & Goofy made a visit one afternoon. We were able to hug and pose for pictures. They were walking around the Boardwalk area and greens area.

We did CRT for breakfast Thursday. Good news was we met Cinderella downstairs after (I believe that normally you meet her before the meal, but for whatever reason we did not), and got some hugs. No photopass.

Was thoroughly underwhelmed by the food, especially after doing Topolino’s two days earlier. Pastry selection (for me and 2 kids - my wife has celiac and was given two muffins) was 2 blueberry mickey muffins, 3 stale croissants and 4 strawberries. The meals were fine I guess, but more on par with what you would get from a quick serve place.

We had dinner with the beast that night, and while it was very very expensive, the food was good and the beast walked around and allowed the kids to high five him, which was very cool.
I would agree. Topolino’s was so much better than CRT. I actually think it was the best meal we had all trip. My daughter loved the characters, the food was great. I would 100% go back

As long as they are still filling these restaurants without characters I doubt we'll see them return.
Have they even opened for breakfast in all locations? Dining reservations in general are hard to come by and attendance is high. I have to think they could sell those places out again.

I wonder whether character meals in general depend on availability of CMs who can be “close friends” with those characters. Seems like that might require specialized skills and training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter