Return of REAL Meet-n-Greets

I wanna know when Akershus is gonna open back up, the princess breakfast there was phenomenal the two times we did it in the before times.

Hopefully soon!

Last edited:
Anyone heard if Galaxy's Edge characters are roaming the land again? That was one of my favorite experiences!

I wanna know when Akershus is gonna open back up, the princess breakfast there was phenomenal the two times we did it in the before times.

Hopefully soon!
I’m guessing not till the “lease” or agreement or whatever Chapek struck with adventhealth to use it as a lounge expires. That’s pure profit with no overhead except electricity, much more profitable than a restaurant.

I’m guessing not till the “lease” or agreement or whatever Chapek struck with adventhealth to use it as a lounge expires. That’s pure profit with no overhead except electricity, much more profitable than a restaurant.
I thought that was just for food & wine last fall

The beast is NOT meeting in his study again 😢. He’s walking around though
Is he walking around and interacting with people at the tables though? That might actually be superior. The "study" meet and greet was hit or miss as he would frequently not be there.

Is he walking around and interacting with people at the tables though? That might actually be superior. The "study" meet and greet was hit or miss as he would frequently not be there.
He’s waving around. Not going table to table. He did blow my daughter a kiss lol which she liked. The two times we went pre covid he was in the study.

Went to Topolinos breakfast Monday (which was fabulous), and characters were back to coming up to the table and hugging. Went to CRT on Saturday (so before the official start), and only Cinderella is greeting you in the entrance. No other characters there still, and I heard that they were still not having more characters or go to individual tables as of Monday

Any news on photopass being at town square with Mickey? Going tomorrow and want to enjoy the experience of my toddler meeting Mickey for the first time (not me seeing it through a lens). Would love photos as a memory though!

Went to Topolinos breakfast Monday (which was fabulous), and characters were back to coming up to the table and hugging. Went to CRT on Saturday (so before the official start), and only Cinderella is greeting you in the entrance. No other characters there still, and I heard that they were still not having more characters or go to individual tables as of Monday
I suspect the face characters that haven't already been in place will take a little longer to come back due to hiring issues and training. Mickey and all the other costumed characters have been back for distanced meets, so it's easy to turn it into a normal meet/meal. But CRT hasn't had any other princesses yet, so they can't just shift to a normal greet, since they don't have the staff/cast members yet.

Hopefully they have been preparing for this return, or at least hiring people who could do multiple roles that will now be able to shift to the face character role a little sooner, vs trying to hire and train people in just the last couple of weeks.

Any news on photopass being at town square with Mickey? Going tomorrow and want to enjoy the experience of my toddler meeting Mickey for the first time (not me seeing it through a lens). Would love photos as a memory though!
Of the 3 non character dining Mickey meets based solely on what I’ve seen on various boards
Town Square (50th Mickey)no photopass
Red Carpet Dreams (Fantasia Mickey) sometimes photopass
Magic Eye Theater (Classic Mickey) I believe has photopass

I suspect the face characters that haven't already been in place will take a little longer to come back due to hiring issues and training. Mickey and all the other costumed characters have been back for distanced meets, so it's easy to turn it into a normal meet/meal. But CRT hasn't had any other princesses yet, so they can't just shift to a normal greet, since they don't have the staff/cast members yet.

Hopefully they have been preparing for this return, or at least hiring people who could do multiple roles that will now be able to shift to the face character role a little sooner, vs trying to hire and train people in just the last couple of weeks.
Agree. I think CRT will take a bit longer to return. At Topolinos the shift was easy—instead of standing 6 feet away they stand next to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter