Return flight times

schwaja3

Mouseketeer
I've tried searching, but I couldn't find any threads that talk about the best time to schedule a return flight.

We are flying back to New Jersey, on November 18th. There are flights that leave in the afternoon and evening. What is the best time to take so we have a comfortable time leaving the boat, getting to the rental car place, and driving to the airport? I don't want to be rushing and worrying about time, but at the same time, I don't want to have to sit at the airport all day.

Has anyone figured out the best time?

Thanks!

Most of the time you're safe with anything around noon or later. However, if something causes them to delay debarkation (late arrival in port, Immigration late in clearing the ship, etc.), noon could be tight, especially with what I've seen of the lines at Security in MCO. We usually try for around 2:00, or so.

Disney recommends nothing before 12:30pm. That's a pretty good time overall, you won't have a long wait at the airport, and you will have a little time to spare in most cases if there is some sort of delay on the ship, on the highway, or at the airport.

We BARELY made our 12:35 pm flight, we got caught in a huge backup at the metal detectors at the airport. 90 minute wait. Disney got us off the ship, and to the airport in a timely fashion 10:15 am, , but our flight was already boarding when we got to the gate. So much for the planned lunch at the airport.

schwaja3 said:
We are flying back to New Jersey, on November 18th.

Are you on the Nov. 11 Costa Maya (double dip) cruise? We will be on that cruise. Check out the Cruise Meets thread. Welcome aboard!

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter