Retirement changes everything.

My Wife and I are taking our 3 year old Great Grandson to Disneyland this weekend. This will be the 5th time he was there and he loves it, it will be the first time just my wife and I are taking him without his parents. Hope we can keep up. He is excited. Oh yeah, retirement is great, go away when ever you want. Even last minute.

Thank you. When we let our adult kids and adult grand children know that we are planning a family vacation every one of them gets together with each other, figures the best time they can all get away between work and school and when we can get the rooms, once planned they count down the days until we are leaving. My wife helps booking all the plane reservations, cars if we need them and of course all the special events for all. Even though we all live a few minutes away from each other and frequently get together for family dinners, partys etc… it a special time when we are on vacation together.
This was my dream. I have accumulated many points - over 1,000 with the hopes of spending the time with my family. My son moved to NYC and has no desire to 'do' Disney anymore although he did humor me two years ago for a few days at Christmas and I was just in the city to cook him Thanksgiving dinner.
My real pain - the agonizing wound that bleeds and bleeds is that my daughter has cut off all contact and that includes my beloved grandchildren. Oe who was born in June and I have never seen and I have not seen the other one who puts the colors in my world since he was 2. He is 3.5 now. No, I do not know why.

I am sorry to interrupt your post, OP, but if anyone is reading this of any religion or none at all but the stars, could you, would you please send your version of a prayer that this Nonna see her grandchildren again? My beloved Christmas and DVC will never be the same until I have them back in my life.

This was my dream. I have accumulated many points - over 1,000 with the hopes of spending the time with my family. My son moved to NYC and has no desire to 'do' Disney anymore although he did humor me two years ago for a few days at Christmas and I was just in the city to cook him Thanksgiving dinner.
My real pain - the agonizing wound that bleeds and bleeds is that my daughter has cut off all contact and that includes my beloved grandchildren. Oe who was born in June and I have never seen and I have not seen the other one who puts the colors in my world since he was 2. He is 3.5 now. No, I do not know why.

I am sorry to interrupt your post, OP, but if anyone is reading this of any religion or none at all but the stars, could you, would you please send your version of a prayer that this Nonna see her grandchildren again? My beloved Christmas and DVC will never be the same until I have them back in my life.
:( I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope you will be reunited with your family soon.

We have an infant DGD too, so I’m so sorry to read this. Sending hugs to you and prayers above.

Sorry this is happening to you, I couldn’t even imagine. Maybe you need to do a surprise visit. Sometimes life just gets away and there is no bad meaning behind it.
I wish it were so. She has sent some horrific texts. I befriended a 92 year old woman on my one and only autotrain ride (moving to FLA this past spring). We had hours to kill and I eventually told her about my daughter. This woman was a spitfire. Her facial expressions as she read the last text (at that time) my daughter sent were both priceless and painful. When she finished, she said, I would never tolerate that level of disrespect from my children. She needs to be put in her place. When the next one came over a year since I saw my grandson - she promised me I would have access to him - and I hadn't seen him, I just lost it on her. She had sent me a nasty gram because I did the following:
1. Sent her flowers once I saw a new grandchild was born
2. Sent reasonable needed gifts to my new grandchild
3. Sent a toy to my firstborn grandson because he now 3.5 and would likely be feeling left out as a firstborn myself and the mother of a firstborn - her brother.
I had nothing to lose. Over a year had gone by since I saw him. It was dangerous but she didn't cut me off of FB so I still see pictures. I'll tell you that I was finally able to sleep better at night after I sent that text. Took a 92 year old spitfire stranger to school me in my 50s. The pain is still very real.

Congratulations on everything retirement - may it be a very long and healthy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter