Rethinking/Replanning my park bag

I have a Vera Bradley backpack I have been using for the past 10 years. Yes I wear it on my back but if so useful. I use it as a carryon for my air flights also. so many pockets which Is very useful. Yes I carry my phone, charger, ponchos, sunscreen. My skin absolutely needs this. I also have baggies for medical cards, cc card and my pins. A small brush or combs. Chapstick, migraine pills, Band-Aids, moleskin. Extra sock in case of rain. (alright, when it rains.) LOL.

Im not sure if your last trip has been since they switched to the walk thru scanners at bag check, but if you carry a sunglasses case (the hard side ones in particular), take it out before going thru the scanner and hold it in front of you. It sets off the scanner and sends you to further screening if you leave it in the bag.

as for bags, I used to be a full backpack girl, but Im down to a disney dooney crossbody in the parks for the most part. They come in a few different sizes and they are adorable.

I had to go over to the bag check table almost every single time on my last trip.

They told me to put the things that were setting off the scanner into large Ziplock bags and carry them through. Usually, this worked, but once they told me I was holding too much in the clear bags and I still had to go through extra security. :headache:

I ended up with all the contents on the table a few times, so I started to just dump my whole bag out on the table when sent over to it. Then I was told that I didn’t need to do that. I said that I’d needed to remove everything the previous times, so I thought I was being helpful. :confused3

I appreciate that they have security, but it was a frustrating experience to need to completely unpack and repack my bag for almost every park entry.

I was tired of being the backpack wearer of the group. It all started when we stopped using the stroller. My family had expectations of what we bring and it was way to much.
This year we moved to a simple plan.
Backpack with lunches and extras goes in a locker and a small drawstring bag that has plastic waterbottles a few snacks. We refill the waterbottles during the day sometimes even with soda.

My boys are 14 & 11

I carry a CamelBak Women's L.U.X.E. hydration pack. I can carry 100 oz. of ice water (I fill it at the ice machine at the resort each morning then top off with water until it's full) which, as it rests on my back, keeps me cool. Despite my brother and SIL offering my niblings sips of bottles of water, Aunt Beth's cool "water backpack" is where they want to take a drink (we have a strict NO BACKWASH agreement!). I can carry my wallet, my camera, my phone, my power block, and a travel sunscreen with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter