Restaurants off disney property

I don't know where Landry's is or Bahama Breeze. Would love to try BB on my next trip. Could someone be specific on directions to this from DTD hotel plaza? Take a left or right and how far down and on which side. I'm directionally challenged. Thanks.:confused:

DianaPrincessofWales... Which resort are you staying at? If you are in the DTD hotel area, then you go the opposite of DTD, towards Crossroads. At the end of the hotel strip, turn right, and go under the bridge. Less than a 1/2 mile, you will find these restaurants on the left. I know, I don't know road numbers and such, as I am also direction impaired! But, it really is very easy to find! ;)

Thanks so much! We are staying at POP. I have a Bahama Breeze GC burning a whole in my wallet and I can't wait to try it. I'm assuming that bridge you mentioned is I-4, correct? I am more of a "have to see it in my mind" directions person, my husband is the opposite, he works for UPS and gives directions exactly opposite as I do. He says its a women/man thing.;)

Oh, I definitely can't get you there from POP! We stayed there in April (& again in Dec.! :teeth: ), and I have NEVER been so lost at WDW before! However, that was the 1st time I did all the driving, since my dh wasn't with me, so that had to be the problem... :rolleyes:

While you are at POP, ask for a copy of their printed directions at the front desk! It has grocery stores, DTD, etc... Very handy.

Originally posted by disneyfan551
We love Macaroni Grill! Where is one down there???

There are two in the area:

5320 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy. (Route 192)
Kissimmee, FL 34746
407-396-6155

And

12148 Apopka-Vineland Road
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836
407-239-6676
(It's near the Crossroads Shopping Center, just a bit further down the road.)

Ming Court on I-drive is a must-do for us everytime we are in the area. It has really good chinese food, plus a great atmosphere.

There are 7 new restaurants at the new Omni Resort at Champions gate.

We took a look the other day. We had sandwiches at "David's Club". It is supposed to be like a sports bar, but the booths are suade leather, there are many leather chairs, and the tables are black granite.

We had an appetizer, soft drinks, and two sandwiches and it ended up being $38 before tip. A bit pricey.

Nice place and decent view during sunset.

A list of the dining options.

Ted

We'll be at WDW soon & are also looking into off site eateries.

We are adults & adventurous eaters. We like homestyle cooking too. We do not need white linen dining this time out but if those are your recommended spots we just might give it a try.

Other than the following we would like to stay away from the BIG chains Iwe have Outback, UNOs, McD's only an hour or so away from here)

1st: we need a good Sonic & a good Shoneys. I can hear the snickering people!
Hey, this may be a contradiction in terms but here in the icy sticks there are no Popeye's, Shoneys or Sonics.

The last time we were at a Shoneys in Orlando we chanced into some kind of a time warp/culture warp that was just plain scary! Not at all tidy, surly waitress & everyone swivel headed: Yikes! We ain't that ugly! :scared:

Also a good location for Sweet Tomatoes. I do remember reading one locale was better than the other but which???

We are thinking of Bahama Breeze (thank you!)

Thanks in advance,
Jean

Last time we ate at Jungle Jims, we were disapointed in the service and won't go there again.

Lot of people agreed--probably why it closed two years ago. ;) It really did go downhill in the end, which was a shame.

We'll be at WDW soon & are also looking into off site eateries.

1st: we need a good Sonic & a good Shoneys. I can hear the snickering people!
Hey, this may be a contradiction in terms but here in the icy sticks there are no Popeye's, Shoneys or Sonics.

Also a good location for Sweet Tomatoes. I do remember reading one locale was better than the other but which???

I could be wrong, but the only "real" Sonic in the tourist district I can think of is WAY up on I-Drive, a couple blocks before Festival Bay and Prime Outlets. There is an "in-store" Sonic inside the Wal-Mart on 535 (like a lot of Wal-Marts have McDonalds), but it's not the same effect as the drive-in.

The only Sweet Tomatoes that could be considered "close" to the tourist district is the one on I-Drive at Kirkman, near Universal. That said, I've eaten at the other two across town, as well, and can't say there was much difference.

Neither of these is that bad to get to from I-Drive/Universal, but if you're staying on property would be a bit of an effort.

Thanks Jason71 :thumbsup2

We'll have a car & a GPS. Yep, we prefer the Sonics in the out of doors, too.
The Popeye's we've been to is on or by Sandlake (road, drive?) I believe. we usually just pick up & take back to resort.

Do you have any leads on a good Shoneys? We don't mind drivng a bit off the beaten path.

Actually we'd like some tips on where to eat in an older section of Orlando or Kississimee. Sometimes the same old tourist areas get to be oppressive!

Landry's is owned by the parent company of Rainforest Cafe. We always try to sif in Joe's Crab Shack (one on 535 just north of DTD and one on 192 by Celebration). Good seafood, reasonable prices, and fun atmosphere.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter