Restaurants off disney property

Bonefish is REALLY good. They are owned by the same company that runs Outback and Carraba's.
I didn't know they had one in Orlando...there are several here in the Tampa area and we love them!

We drive to Clearwater Beach via Tampa almost every February. I will have to find this restaurant. I will also check the yellow pages when we are in Orlando. Thanks:wave2: :teeth:

Question for those familiar with Bonefish...I found their website and checked out the menu. DH would probably love this! Could you give me an idea of what their prices/portions are like? Looks as though they are opening a Bonefish Grill near us this summer so we may have to check it out! TIA!

Local Girl -
I believe most of the entrees range anywhere between a $13 - mid $20 range. The portions are an average size, not too little and not enough to take home....unless of course you get an appetizer which I would suggest trying the Bang Bang Shrimp.....oh to die for!!!

Stay away from the FOX AND THE HOUND on I92....it was recommended by someone here on this board..my Wife and I went there one night around 9pm. We walked in and could hardly breathe....the place REAKED with cigarette smoke....they had ashtrays everywhere OVERFILLING with ashes. All the people in there were at the bar drinking and being loud. There was loud music in the background...there were only 2 parties seated at tables. We stood there waiting for a table..there was no hostess in site (I dont think they even had one). SOmeone from the bar came over and with his bare hand wiped off a nearby table...he was at least trying to be nice...he could tell from the look on our faces that we were shocked. We sat down.....no menus were brought to us....no waiter/waitress anywhere around to be seen. After 2 minutes we got up and left. This place was weird. It seemed like just a smokey bar....I dont know why anyone would want to eat there in that loud smoke filled environment. We went to Perkins instead that night. Just a heads up.

Has anyone who has eaten at Landry's ( seafood) willing to recommend an entree that they particulaly liked. I had the baked stuffed shrimp. It was good but the stuffing was spiced pretty hot.I would like to go again though:)Thanks

Moonfish is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! We have eaten there twice, and the steaks and seafood is so so good. Nice, classy atmosphere, top notch service, incredible food. One of the best filets I've eaten. You'll want to make reservations.

We have also gone over to Mall of Millenia and eaten at PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory. Great experiences at both of those.

There are lots of chain restaurants all around, including Bahama Breeze, Red Lobster, Perkins, Dennys, TGI Fridays, etc. All seem to be about the same price as home, so MUCH more affordable than WDW food =)

I have eaten at Landrys and dont care for it because most things were too cajun for me...

I have eaten at Crab House and was NOT impressed. Within the last 6 months, they changed their menu/buffet/environment and we were not impressed. Okay food, but not worth the money. COuld spend the same and eat at Moonfish instead =)

Originally posted by mom2mira
Looks really interestng. I went to their site, but didn't see a price range. Do you remember the average cost of a meal? TIA.

Love this list. Most of these places are familiar and are places that I know we can do within budget. I have a $25 Landry's GC coming(that I was going to use a Rainforest), but I think we may try their seafood place. We are already doing Rainforest with VKLs and we were just going to go a second time with this. Anyone not familiar with Pizzaria Uno's, they have the BEST deep dish pizza. We go there a lot in our area. Don't know if they do it there, but here they have a really great deal for take-out on two pizzas. Saves a lot on their sit-down price for two pizzas, so if they have it, we may just take them back to the hotel.

Was this a regular purchase or did you get it through some discount program, website, etc.?

I was wondering if the Crab House on Palm Parkway has changed. We always made this restaurant part of our Disney trip. I found the fish to be very good (especially the flounder) and the kids enjoyed it, too. It has been three years since we have been to the Crab House. Just wondering if it has really changed that much. If it has I will be very disappointed.

Originally posted by SpeechGuy
I was wondering if the Crab House on Palm Parkway has changed. We always made this restaurant part of our Disney trip. I found the fish to be very good (especially the flounder) and the kids enjoyed it, too. It has been three years since we have been to the Crab House. Just wondering if it has really changed that much. If it has I will be very disappointed.

I did not eat at it before our trip in May, but my mom and brother had (who live there) and they both noticed the change when they sat the paper menus in front of us. The food was okay, but like I said, I'd had better seafood at similar prices at Moonfish. The environment seemed very sports barish. We had to wait awhile for a table, though there were a handful of people there, and then did not have good service. The seafood buffet was unimpressive and overpriced for the selection. The tables were covered in paper, as well. Just wasn't a classy seafood place, like I was expecting for the money and menu selection. Since we ate at Cheesecake Factory and Moonfish later in the week, it was hard to put that one up to par with those, that were much nicer atmospheres, similar pricing, better food, and service.

I really encourage you to try it again and see what you think... since I personally, hadn't been there before, just was going off what the waitress told my mom when she asked about the changes. We went on a Tuesday night and it was EMPTY so maybe they'll rethink the change? There were just a few people on the patio and at a the bar watching the game.

=)

Where is Moonfish located? Sounds good. I enjoyed Landrys but I did find the stuffed shrimp to be a little hot for my taste too.

Moonfish is located on West Sand Lake Road in the Restaurant Enclave. LOTS of great restaurants out there. Here's a link:

Moonfish

Thanks Figament,

Moonfish sounds great. We will have to give it a it next time:)

For people who like Bahama Breeze, you can call ahead and get on a list so they will take you in with a much smaller wait!

I'm interested in the list of restaurants at the Cross Roads area (not as far as Universal, I-4 or I Drive). I'll start, I know there's:

Perkins
IHOP
Steak and Shake

Help with any others please!:scratchin

Originally posted by DianaPrincessofWales
I'm interested in the list of restaurants at the Cross Roads area (not as far as Universal, I-4 or I Drive). I'll start, I know there's:

Perkins
IHOP
Steak and Shake

Help with any others please!:scratchin

At Crossroads: Pebbles (Excellent upscale but casual dining)
McDonald's
Pizzeria Uno

There are other restaurants too. I'm sure other DISers will fill in the gaps.

Crossroads area... Red Lobster, TGIFriday's, Jungle Jim's, Chevy's Mexican, Taco Bell, McDonald's are others not listed.

If you turn left at the light from DTD, there's CiCi's Pizza, Olive Garden, Chili's, and many more. If you turn right, there's Landry's Seafood, & LoneStar? (some steakhouse).

All of these are fairly close.

Has anyone eaten at Jungle Jim's lately? I've got an Ent. coupon that I want to use in a couple of weeks for that place. I think just burgers and fries will be okay, I'm not really too choosy about that. Do kids enjoy this place?

Also, has anyone tried to use the Entertainment coupon for the CiCi's close to DTD? I'm wondering about that one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter