Restaurant suggestions - not New Orleans style

triton45

Earning My Ears
I live near enough to New Orleans that I want to eat something not cajun/creole/beignet

Thinking about
Flo's V8
Tortilla Joe's
Pacific Wharf

Other suggestions? Thank you!

Andy

Does table service or counter service matter? What about carts?

I personally enjoy:
-Rancho Del Zocalo
-Pacific Wharf
-Turkey Legs

Thank you for the suggestions. We are aiming for a more casual experience and I am going to add several of these to our list.

Rancho del Zocalo is always high on my list. I also think that Alien Pizza Planet (aka Redd Rockett's Pizza Port) is an often overlooked place that I really enjoy. They serve pasta and pizza. They also typically have available semi-outdoor seating near the entrance to Space Mountain, even at busy times, which I find relaxing since it's a bit out of the way.

And it would be remiss of me to not give a mention to my most favorestest Disneyland dining location of all, even though it no longer exists. Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, how I miss thee. :sad:

Thank you for the suggestions. We are aiming for a more casual experience and I am going to add several of these to our list.

Disneyland :

Plaza Inn for lunch/dinner - fried chicken is a must and if in season strawberry shortcake!
Carnation Cafe - make reservations but its still casual
Rancho del Zocalo is wonderful Mexican food and they have a hidden menu burrito.
Harbour Galley ( across from Haunted Mansion) - delicious lobster rolls and seasonal soups
Bengal BBQ - meat and veggie skewers that are always fresh
Little Red Wagon Corn dogs - THE BEST CORNDOGS AT DISNEYLAND

DCA :

Award Weiners - all different hot dogs and veggie options too.
Pacific Wharf Cafe - sourdough soup bowls from Boudin and yummy bread pudding dessert
Cocina Cucamonga- solid Mexican dishes
Ghirardelli- always delicious ice cream treats

And it would be remiss of me to not give a mention to my most favorestest Disneyland dining location of all, even though it no longer exists. Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, how I miss thee. :sad:

Yip. THIS was the best place at DL. Pave paradise, put up a Star Wars land.

As for suggestions, it's hard NOT to suggest Jazz Kitchen because we don't have much good Southern/Cajun food. But I always hit Pacific Wharf for the clam chowder bread bowls (they have other soups as well). They are fresh and so filling.

Flo's V8 definitely has a great vibe to it.

Award Weiner's has really good gourmet hot dogs. I know it's weird spending that much money on a dog, but I've never been disappointed.

Corn Dog Castle (DCA) and the Corn Dog Cart (DL) have the double dipped corn dogs that you get at the fair. Very tasty!

Plaza Inn has some of the best fried chicken you'll ever eat!

And don't forget that a double scoop of Cookie's and Cream at Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's can go as a dinner if you had a big lunch. Only at DL can you get away with something like that.

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Red Rose Taverne and the Beast burger and the gray stuff was awesome. We ordered on our mobile app and it was decently priced and good food. Jolly Holiday is good and so is Flo’s. Plaza Inn is good, but we are lucky to have a restaurant an hour away from us that has fried chicken that is FAR superior to Plaza Inn’s, so my view on it is a little tainted. And don’t shoot, but I did not like the Corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon. Mine was over cooked and burnt to a crisp and it just was not good and the line was too long to ask for them to remake, but I won’t go back. I also didn’t understand the Lamplight Lounge hype either. It seemed overpriced (especially the kids menu) and our service wasn’t very good. Tortilla Jo’s is pretty good, not mind blowing good, but good enough that I would go back. I really, really enjoyed their tableside guacamole. My children loved the Mac and cheese cones with bacon at the Cozy Cone and although it’s a “snack” it was filling enough for lunch. The turkey legs are good as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!