Restaurant Suggestions Near Disney Property?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
We arrive on Sunday to the World, staying at the Contemporary for 9 nights. Obviously, this trip will be a bit different than we're used to and we're totally cool with it, but one thing we're concerned about is a lack of food options. We'll have a car so we can drive off property to pick up food if we want, but I have to admit that all the times we've been to Disney, we never really ventured off property. I don't know much about restaurants near Disney and Googling it simply returns a bunch of Disney restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions for great places we can get takeout while there? Thanks!

There are many close to Disney. If you like chains, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn and Outback are all very close to Disney Springs. We also love Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs. Of course that involves parking and walking in versus pulling up to the chains.

Last edited:

AS Post 2 above has said AND OTHERS TRY Manny's Chop House

ALL these are on Hwy 192 ... (Hwy 27 end ) Near Animal Kingdom and about a 15 min drive from

Disney Springs

SO many good options off property.
Giordano's
Chuy's
Manny's Chop House
Hash House A Go-Go
4 River's
Miller's Ale House

Before you go to any restaurant in the tourist zone, make sure they are open. Some places may be closed that are still listed as open on Google.

Every chain restaurant in America is nearby, so if you have heard of something you want to try it may be nearby.

We tried South of the Border last time and enjoyed it. There are many good restaurants at Disney Springs now.

Drive along International Drive from about Pointe Orlando going north. Enough restaurants to make your head spin.

We arrive on Sunday to the World, staying at the Contemporary for 9 nights. Obviously, this trip will be a bit different than we're used to and we're totally cool with it, but one thing we're concerned about is a lack of food options. We'll have a car so we can drive off property to pick up food if we want, but I have to admit that all the times we've been to Disney, we never really ventured off property. I don't know much about restaurants near Disney and Googling it simply returns a bunch of Disney restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions for great places we can get takeout while there? Thanks!
If you like character meals, there is one featuring Goofy, Mickey & Minnie on Saturday mornings at Ravello at Four Seasons Orlando. You can call the hotel to schedule it.

a bit further out but good Italian family style .... Maggiano's at 9101 International Dr (next to Wonder Works)

check the carry out 'family meal'

(this was available in the dining room last time I was there and a good choice for a group (lot's of leftovers!) but I don't see on the inside dining menu ..... they do say not everything available due to covid)

Last edited:
Meh, go to Uno instead. 😁

I grew up in Chicago and on good deep dish .... the original UNO was great ... WAS .... one of the chain places is near me now ... I stopped going in years ago ... but I still go to G's

but, you are entitled to your opinion / taste

(a YELP review just this week of the UNO Lake B V location: "Horrible excuse for a deep dish pizza. More like a Walmart frozen pizza." And that's what I saw at UNO when I left ... they try to speed things up by having 'pre cooked' pizza. That don't cut it for a Chicago person! G's tells you up front that a deep dish is gonna take about 45 minutes. THAT's the Chicago way!)

Last edited:
Make a right turn out of Contemporary and this puts you in the back of MK. Make a right turn on Floridian Way and then an LEFT turn on Reams Rd. You will come to a very large shopping center - Lakeside Village Center. Lots of restaurants, a Publix, lots of fast food, Starbucks, etc. About 4.5 miles from Contemporary. I live in the area and when I stay at Contemporary we always leave/enter this way.

We just ate at chili’s outside of Disney springs. For $10 got a drink, app and entree

It’s fun to drive to the Krispy Kreme in Kissimmee and get hot donuts.
If you
Like cheerful Mexican chains, Chevy’s is cheap and good.

Just to the east between WDW and USO there's Sand Lake Rd. It's called "Restaurant Row". Several great places there. Personally I like Seasons 52, George of Wine Bar George was the somm there prior to opening his new place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!