Resorts with best transportation to parks?

Thanks, everyone! I doubt he will be willing to rent a scooter. He has an autoimmune problem where the majority of his difficulty comes from sitting or standing still for long periods. As long as he's moving, he's usually good. Poly def sounds better over GF for us. Or maybe WL.

I went recently with my parents, both in their late 70s and both with mobility issues...my mom gets tired easily due to a recent illness that's being managed with meds, and my dad has problems with his knees and hips. We stayed at GF and found it very convenient for MK (the monorail never broke down and the boat ride was easy to take as well). The monorail to the TCC wasn't a short trip, but we enjoyed taking that route to the monorail to Epcot. We also took cabs a few times to avoid waiting for buses. My parents spent afternoons and some evenings at the hotel, and my dad would sit in the lobby and listen to the music. They really enjoyed the trip there.

MK was much easier for my parents to navigate. The train that goes around the park was great, because we could concentrate in one area of rides and hop on the train to get back to the entrance. Epcot, frankly, was much more difficult for my dad. It's just such a big park, and the walk from the TTC (down a ramp) to future world and the walk from BC's lobby to the international gateway (we took a cab to BC one day when we had an ADR around the world showcase) was still quite long for him. We managed by going slooooooow, but it would have been better for us if we'd have had a scooter for him on those days. But if you're dad does ok so long as he's moving, he should manage Epcot fine.

We're planning a trip probably in late 2019 or early 2020. It would be 3 adults (my parents and myself). My dad's health is such that we likely wouldn't be at the parks all day every day, so we're considering moderate and deluxe resorts with more amenities. My mom and I stayed at Pop last December. Having to wait sometimes for an hour for a bus, rarely getting a seat, and having to get to the end of the line of busses leaving the parks wouldn't be tolerable for my dad. Which resorts have bus stops closer to the exits? I know one park will always be quite far depending on your resort area. I'm looking for an overall good transportation situation. Thanks!

Busses at most, if not all of the (non)deluxe resorts make multiple stops within the resort itself, which to me really, really stinks. Only did that once, never again. Best transportation by far is at the Deluxe.

I've never stayed deluxe, but we've had very good busing at CSR. Coronado is centrally located, making travel to the parks a fairly quick ride. Also, because of the convention guests rarely using the buses during the day, the buses are not/less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter