Resorts with best transportation to parks?

Aaryana

Mouseketeer
We're planning a trip probably in late 2019 or early 2020. It would be 3 adults (my parents and myself). My dad's health is such that we likely wouldn't be at the parks all day every day, so we're considering moderate and deluxe resorts with more amenities. My mom and I stayed at Pop last December. Having to wait sometimes for an hour for a bus, rarely getting a seat, and having to get to the end of the line of busses leaving the parks wouldn't be tolerable for my dad. Which resorts have bus stops closer to the exits? I know one park will always be quite far depending on your resort area. I'm looking for an overall good transportation situation. Thanks!

Consider one of the boat/monorail deluxe resorts. Poly, Contemporary or Grand Floridian. For Epcot and MK you would have options other than a bus.

As you say it depends what you want to spend your time doing, from BoardWalk, Beach and Yacht club you can walk to Epcot then Monorail to others, or boat, or bus.
If you stay on the monorail loop (GF, Poly, CR) then that s a plus, but buses can be hit and miss. You can walk to MK from CR
We had a good experience of transport at WL actually, with the boats and buses.

Consider one of the boat/monorail deluxe resorts. Poly, Contemporary or Grand Floridian. For Epcot and MK you would have options other than a bus.

Agree with all of these and would also add wilderness lodge. We stayed there a couple weeks ago and loved taking the boat to MK (much shorter security line). We avoided the buses as much as possible as it was really crowded Columbus Day week and wait time for the buses was close to 45 minutes at times.

We're planning a trip probably in late 2019 or early 2020. It would be 3 adults (my parents and myself). My dad's health is such that we likely wouldn't be at the parks all day every day, so we're considering moderate and deluxe resorts with more amenities. My mom and I stayed at Pop last December. Having to wait sometimes for an hour for a bus, rarely getting a seat, and having to get to the end of the line of busses leaving the parks wouldn't be tolerable for my dad. Which resorts have bus stops closer to the exits? I know one park will always be quite far depending on your resort area. I'm looking for an overall good transportation situation. Thanks!
If money is not an obstacle, one of the 3 monorail resorts would be your best bet, as you could monorailto both MK & Epcot (although the transfer to the Epcot monorail requires walking). If walking much is an issue, I recommend renting a scooter for the duration of your trip. It worked great for my mom.

Thanks for the replies so far! One problem we encountered frequently at Pop was that sometimes it would take waiting for 2-3 busses to fit everyone waiting in line while almost all the other lines were relatively empty. Is this a problem with moderate and deluxe resorts too? Also want to avoid an internal bus system. Will never stay at Caribbean beach again, for that reason. Maybe our experience was an anomaly but we were almost always left waiting after a full bus left or standing for the ride.

CR shares with WL I believe and Poly and GF share. Poly picks up first so those buses would be less crowded than GF.

I stayed at CBR once and I agree that the buses were atrocious. Glad we had a rental car that trip.

I think with the deluxe resorts of contemporary, grand Floridian, Polynesian, contemporary, wilderness lodge, and yacht club you have more choices than just the bus so lines aren't as long. I did leave animal kingdom out of that statement since while nice it is reliant solely on buses.

When my mom went, age 78, we stayed at the Contemporary. We found it very convenient. Not a problem with busses. We own DVC at BWVs, we love being so close to Epcot and DHS.

One suggestion, we rented a scooter, delivered to the resort. My mom never used a scooter at home, but it made a world of difference at Disney. She would not have been able to do it otherwise. You just don’t realize how much walking there is from the room to the bus stops, or park exit to bus stop!

I would pick an Epcot resort since IMO the best mode of transportation are your feet. No waiting for a monorail or bus. No having to deal with a broken down monorail. The Beach Club is a really short walk to Epcot.

Second would be Contemporary. Short walk to MK and monorail to Epcot.

Contemporary was awesome for MK because it's a short 10 minute walk via a pathway that's never very crowded, getting to Epcot was relatively easy (one stop on the monorail then a transfer to the Epcot monorail), and the last time I was there (April 2016) I hardly ever saw anyone at the bus stops for HS or AK. Especially if you're going to have a scooter, leaving MK at night via the pathway to the Contemporary is super easy.

I would pick an Epcot resort since IMO the best mode of transportation are your feet. No waiting for a monorail or bus. No having to deal with a broken down monorail. The Beach Club is a really short walk to Epcot.

Second would be Contemporary. Short walk to MK and monorail to Epcot.
Also, depending on when you, the only buses that would be sharing are the YC and BC if you stayed at either. The bus ride to the MK is not bad. Only about 15 minutes. The BWI typically does not share a bus to MK or AK.

The key with ANY transportation is to not leave at rush time. We have stayed at all 3 levels of resorts and buses are hit or miss at all of them. But if you are going to leave the parks after fireworks etc. then you are going to wait no matter if its a bus, boat or monorail. Bus ride times are only a few minutes difference (except maybe AKL) between most of the resorts, so not a big deal. We have been on 30+ trips and can say we rarely have waited a long time for transportation and the times we did it has been at different resorts. I totally agree with renting a scooter no matter where you stay.

I prefer the epcot area resorts. The boat ride to Hollywood studios and Epcot is so nice.

My vote for best transportation is always for Poly. To MK you’re on the monorail, for Epcot you can take monorail & switch or walk to TTC & take Epcot monorail. For DHS & AK you have a bus, but bus picks up Poly first. Stayed a GF & didn’t like that we often had packed busses show up full of ppl who weren’t staying at Poly who had just gone to eat & then GF bus stop was often packed with ppl who had also just come to GF to eat. At least at Poly, you get on the bus first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter