Resorts less likely for BTGroups in January

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Not sure what year we will return, but I do know we really like the end of January time frame, so that is what I will plan for. But I also know it is best to avoid any major tour groups at your resort.

Would POFQ be the less likely of where Disney puts the BTGroups within the moderate resort category?

Not sure what year we will return, but I do know we really like the end of January time frame, so that is what I will plan for. But I also know it is best to avoid any major tour groups at your resort.

Would POFQ be the less likely of where Disney puts the BTGroups within the moderate resort category?
Yes. It is likely the only moderate safe from groups.

And it may change in the future,but the South American Tour Groups that frequented WDW in large numbers in January Pre-Covid have not returned as of yet.

We only saw 2 Brazil Tour Groups our entire trip in January,so at this point,they are a non-issue.

And late-January will put you "in between" the National College Cheerleading and Dance Championship and the National High School Cheerleading Championship so you should really be "safe" at ANY Resort,but definitely POFQ would be the safest of the Values and Mods.

And it may change in the future,but the South American Tour Groups that frequented WDW in large numbers in January Pre-Covid have not returned as of yet.

We only saw 2 Brazil Tour Groups our entire trip in January,so at this point,they are a non-issue.

And late-January will put you "in between" the National College Cheerleading and Dance Championship and the National High School Cheerleading Championship so you should really be "safe" at ANY Resort,but definitely POFQ would be the safest of the Values and Mods.
Right. I am not too concerned about them returning, but I know I don't want to be at the same resort as them.

we stayed at POFQ from Feb 26 - March 10th and there were several large groups during that time frame. One weekend at least 20 rooms full of cheerleaders , guessing high-school age, the chaperones were more trouble than the kids! The were noisy during the day, but not bothersome, the bus back from Disney springs was obnoxious due to several over-served chaperones (yes I know they were connected to the groups based on the rooms they entered!). There were at least 3 groups of 15 yr old girl parties (quincenerra??), they were noticeable in the food court at the end of the day and at the bus stop, but very controlled and polite. The last weekend 4 full coach busses pulled into the area just behind building 7 and good grief they were noisy unloading and getting room assignments- no idea of the reason for this group regarding age and/ or activities they were there for but once they were all off the busses, had their bags and headed to their rooms, we didn't hear them again - they didn't arrive till almost midnight so we were worried they'd keep us awake, didn't happen.
Most of these groups were in the very back section of building 7 on the first and second floors, the cheerleaders were on t the ground floor of building 6 across from the little garden section and did spend time using that area for practice.

Moral of the story, while the mass groups will more than likely be in other resorts I don't think disney can discourage smaller ones like we saw from booking anywhere. Heck, during whatever cheerleader event was happening there were gatherings at the Contemporary!!!

we stayed at POFQ from Feb 26 - March 10th and there were several large groups during that time frame. One weekend at least 20 rooms full of cheerleaders , guessing high-school age, the chaperones were more trouble than the kids! The were noisy during the day, but not bothersome, the bus back from Disney springs was obnoxious due to several over-served chaperones (yes I know they were connected to the groups based on the rooms they entered!). There were at least 3 groups of 15 yr old girl parties (quincenerra??), they were noticeable in the food court at the end of the day and at the bus stop, but very controlled and polite. The last weekend 4 full coach busses pulled into the area just behind building 7 and good grief they were noisy unloading and getting room assignments- no idea of the reason for this group regarding age and/ or activities they were there for but once they were all off the busses, had their bags and headed to their rooms, we didn't hear them again - they didn't arrive till almost midnight so we were worried they'd keep us awake, didn't happen.
Most of these groups were in the very back section of building 7 on the first and second floors, the cheerleaders were on t the ground floor of building 6 across from the little garden section and did spend time using that area for practice.

Moral of the story, while the mass groups will more than likely be in other resorts I don't think disney can discourage smaller ones like we saw from booking anywhere. Heck, during whatever cheerleader event was happening there were gatherings at the Contemporary!!!
Oh lawd!!!!

Thanks for that report.

That is very surprising for POFQ to see that many groups.

With POFQ seeing that many,I hate to see what All-Star Sports looked like!lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter