Resort Tie-Dye Activity

Mine was wrapped at least that long too, but when I did the rinse out in the sink I felt like more of the dye went than I would have preferred. It was a fun activity though and I would recommend it.

The even had templates and chalk so the kids could place the Mickey heads and then trace them so it was planned.

CBR was like this. We had to trace the mickey head on the shirt with orange chalk. Then the CM out the bands on the head for us. Then we put the rest of the bands on. They also had plastic gloves and plastic aprons for us to wear.

Concerned about transporting it home. Sounds messy.

We rinsed ours in the bathtub when we were there (yes I cleaned up any ink) and let them hang dry over the tub. Then we put them in gallon size ziploc bags for the ride home. When we got home I washed them in the washing machine twice but air dried again since I didn't want them to shrink.

Ooh, I really want to do this. I have wanted to learn tie dye since I worked on summer camp in PA and the arts and crafts people did a load of it.
Fingers crossed it's on at the Poly when we are there.

MickeyShirt200.jpg

Example of the XS tie dye shirt from POFQ, $18.11 (July 2016).
Extra small was the smallest shirt, a little big on our child that usually wears a 3T.

As much as I first balked at the price, and the fact that their feet were burning whilst making them...this is by far his new favorite shirt.

View attachment 186582

Example of the XS tie dye shirt from POFQ, $18.11 (July 2016).
Extra small was the smallest shirt, a little big on our child that usually wears a 3T.

As much as I first balked at the price, and the fact that their feet were burning whilst making them...this is by far his new favorite shirt.

Thanks for sharing this, it's really helpful to see the finished thing. I am DEFINITELY going to do this with my small people when we are there Christmas 17 if it is still going!

Thanks for sharing this, it's really helpful to see the finished thing. I am DEFINITELY going to do this with my small people when we are there Christmas 17 if it is still going!
They've been doing it for years so I don't see it going anywhere.

Does anyone know if the price has gone up since last year? Thanks!

We are at the Grand this year, if the resort makes a difference in price. The Contemporary and YC and WL were all the same price.

OK - just us. This happens at the WL.

EVERY time it does? We walk FAR AWAY from the "Tie Dye Activity". Just us - strongly suspect a 6 year old will fling DYE.

When I was there two weeks ago, I noticed at All Star Sports they only had options for a pillowcase & something else I can't recall but NOT a tshirt. Could have just been that day but I was surprised the options.

We did this at WL 2 weeks ago. It was $18. My almost 4 yr old enjoyed it and it really wasn't very messy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter