Resort Tie-Dye Activity

Belleandtinker

DIS Veteran
Tie-Dye tshirt activity - how much? how mess? Any pictures?

I think it sounds so fun and my DS10 really wants to try it.

We did it at Caribbean Beach in April and it was $15 then. It was super fun! The cast members are very organized and walk you through how to make a Tie-Dye Mickey shirt. They give you gloves, a plastic apron to cover your clothes etc. The dye is in bottles that you squeeze directly on the shirt-many many different colors. The cast members wrap the shirts up in plastic wrap and put in a plastic bag to take home with instructions. We took the rubber bands off 8 days after we made it once we were home and hosed them off outside (also a laundry sink or bathtub would work) until the water runs clear, then they go in the dryer one at a time with nothing else. But they will send you home with all the directions. Took about 30min and was nice way to get the trip started. Adults were making them too-not just the kids! My 10 year old loved it-great souvenir too!

We did it at Caribbean Beach in April and it was $15 then. It was super fun! The cast members are very organized and walk you through how to make a Tie-Dye Mickey shirt. They give you gloves, a plastic apron to cover your clothes etc. The dye is in bottles that you squeeze directly on the shirt-many many different colors. The cast members wrap the shirts up in plastic wrap and put in a plastic bag to take home with instructions. We took the rubber bands off 8 days after we made it once we were home and hosed them off outside (also a laundry sink or bathtub would work) until the water runs clear, then they go in the dryer one at a time with nothing else. But they will send you home with all the directions. Took about 30min and was nice way to get the trip started. Adults were making them too-not just the kids! My 10 year old loved it-great souvenir too!
How did you sign up for it? Does it fill up? Do they have it at Beach Club?

Yes. We made shirts at Beach Club last week. Look on the resort activity guide for time and location. It was done poolside on Monday at 2pm. We just showed up at 2 pm and waited a few minutes for a spot at the table.

Would love to do this with my 4 year old. Does anyone know if they do this at the poly?

It is listed as "Mickey Tie-Dye" on the resort recreation calendars. We just showed up a few min before it was to start. The cast members were setting up. You don't have to sign up ahead of time.

We did it at the pool at POR last week. They were out most days but not every day.
It's just a stand at the pool (or at the bar if it's rainy). It was $18 and change and could be charged to the room
They provide gloves but it can still be messy, especially if the child has never done it before. I would expect to assist them
It's a very liquid product and could easily be squirted where you don't intend it to go. I would NOT wear good clothes.

ETA - I think every resort offers them at some point during a given week.

Do you bring your own white t-shirt or is that provided as well?
It's provided and the Mickey head is already banded off.
You put in whatever other bands you want, if any.
They have child and adult sizes, I believe they said up to XXL, but it may have been just XL

When we did it at POFQ in March the head wasn't pre-banded. It wasn't a big deal (it was super easy to do. My middle child was able to do it herself and I helped the little one). The little one and I both ended up slightly orange .:rotfl2: They wrapped it well in plastic wrap and then put it in one of the plastic bags you receive when you buy anything at the parks. We waited until we got home to rinse it and they really turned out cute.

When we did it at POFQ in March the head wasn't pre-banded. It wasn't a big deal (it was super easy to do. My middle child was able to do it herself and I helped the little one). The little one and I both ended up slightly orange .:rotfl2: They wrapped it well in plastic wrap and then put it in one of the plastic bags you receive when you buy anything at the parks. We waited until we got home to rinse it and they really turned out cute.
Odd. They were all already done at POR last week. Maybe you got a lazy activity CM?
They spent their entire time there wrapping the Mickey's in the shirts waiting to be done. So when they left they had bins full of all the various sizes with the Mickey's ready to dye for the next time

I've done my own at home in the past and I found it VERY hard to get the Mickey's done correctly (centered, sized right, ears near head, etc). I may be tye-dye challenged ;)

Odd. They were all already done at POR last week. Maybe you got a lazy activity CM?
They spent their entire time there wrapping the Mickey's in the shirts waiting to be done. So when they left they had bins full of all the various sizes with the Mickey's ready to dye for the next time

I've done my own at home in the past and I found it VERY hard to get the Mickey's done correctly (centered, sized right, ears near head, etc). I may be tye-dye challenged ;)

The even had templates and chalk so the kids could place the Mickey heads and then trace them so it was planned.

Curious. Must be up to each activity team how to do it then. POR is not do it yourself. At least wasn't last week
Wow I hope this is something they do at every resort every week several times a week I would love to to this on our trip in Nov!

Not in the slightest. They are wrapped tightly and completely in saran wrap and put in a Disney shopping bag with instructions.
Mine leaked a little on the way home. If you really want to do it, take a large zip lock baggie with you to use instead of the regular open shopping bag they provide. I was kind of disappointed that so much of the color washed out. I liked it better when it was saturated.

Mine leaked a little on the way home. If you really want to do it, take a large zip lock baggie with you to use instead of the regular open shopping bag they provide. I was kind of disappointed that so much of the color washed out. I liked it better when it was saturated.
We left ours wrapped for 7 days. So far it hasn't faded. But I also suspect Disney doesn't use the highest quality dyes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter