Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

I agree! We always go to O'hana every trip, and we usually don't stay at Poly. We need to be able to park to get to our ADR. I guess Disney needs to find park cars in an area for limited time parking.

I’d agree with that.

We stayed at the Poly last week and were always able to find a parking spot, but most of the time, it was way far away. Magically, when we came back to our car in the mornings, the parking lot was a ghost town! On our last morning, my husband went and moved the car to a very close spot so we could load more easily.

If they’re going to charge overnight guests to park, they could at least give them the closest spots.

No. They will scan your band and see that you are DVC with a reservation at another resort and there should not be an issue.
i am not sure that is entirely true. i was denied parking at one of the MK resorts recently even though i was staying DVC at the time. we were just there to shop and eat.

But not everyone wants to eat TS. The QS restaurants also make money for Disney, and while the food is not as expensive, neither are they as expensive to run.

Yep. I love hitting Art of Animation for a surf and surf burger for lunch even when I am staying offsite but it sounds like that might become more of a hassle now...

Replying to the Original Post only with no further info, I stand by an ADR guest getting precedence over a non ADR guest. An ADR guest has probably requested the time WELL IN ADVANCE and there is a monetary forfeiture for a no show. WDW needs to figure out the space issue and for now it could mean no ADR, no Parking.

They are checking MBs at the kiosk however prior to this the guard was not in charge of enforcing whether you pay or not. That is where the new CM comes into play. They are cracking down on people not paying for the overnight parking. People who used online check in could get out of not paying because they never visit the front desk.

We NEVER visited the front desk during our September stay. Disney sent me an email that they'd charged my card-on-file for parking. So, it doesn't matter if you use online check-in, visit the front desk, or not.

That said, I had booked ahead of the cut-off date for the parking charge. And strangely, they only charged me for one of my four nights. But I did get them to reverse the charge, since I was within the grace period.

We NEVER visited the front desk during our September stay. Disney sent me an email that they'd charged my card-on-file for parking. So, it doesn't matter if you use online check-in, visit the front desk, or not.

That said, I had booked ahead of the cut-off date for the parking charge. And strangely, they only charged me for one of my four nights. But I did get them to reverse the charge, since I was within the grace period.
People have reported getting around it. Certainly Disney isn’t trying to let that happen and this is another way to stop that.

One way to enforce would be resort parking only. They could put a magic band scanner at the gate for resort guests. Anyone else who wants to visit for any other reason would have to park TTC and bus to resort which means they would have to expand service from the current parks only.

i am not sure that is entirely true. i was denied parking at one of the MK resorts recently even though i was staying DVC at the time. we were just there to shop and eat.

Did you have an ADR?

I do not believe Disney will be charging diners for parking for a couple of hours either...

Simple solution tack on parking/resort fees as part of the overall room price (yes I know that penalizes non drivers sadly) then meter the lot and if your visiting to dine or are a resort guest there would be a way to validate

Also side bar I had a relieve go to beach club late September and was charged to self park for his beaches and cream adr

I want to make sure I understand. This trip we are staying with friends offsite. We always go to Big River Grill at the BW for dinner. They do not take reservations. So, we have to cancel plans for this now unless we pay a parking fee. We were usually given 3 hours to eat and shop. Oh well.

I was there Labor Day weekend and did not get charged for parking at the resort. I checked in online and took MDE from and to the airport but rented a car at the Car Care Center where they even asked which resort I was staying at and I scanned my magic band while going into the resort so I fully expected to find parking charges for the few days that I did have a car and still none. I even went to the front desk of ASMusic to have them book a shuttle to the Car Care Center so there were multiple points where they could have or should have realized that I was parking overnight. I don't think they are going to be able to enforce this evenly even with the additional person at the gate. I don't see how they don't have metered gates. Also it seems like they are discouraging people from parking at the resorts which seems like it would decrease their revenue from people who like to shop or people who like to just look around the resort and may stay there later. Perhaps that does not really being in much revenue?

So help me understand this. We are DVC members and plan to take our first no theme park weekend. We will be staying at Kidani. I was thinking of renting a car so we can drive to other Disney resorts for our dinners. Will I have to pay parking fees at the other resorts we visit? Depending on taxis gets expensive and WDW transportation can take forever. Thoughts, please!
No you will not have to pay to park at your resort or another if you are a DVC member staying on or using points. And you will not have to pay to visit other resorts. Again, this "Resort" parking fee is for Overnight parking!

Dave

We will have reservations at each resort we travel to so I assume that even with the car we'll be ok. Thanks.

I did online check-in last Tuesday at POR, drove up to the gate, and asked if I needed to run to the lobby to get a parking pass to stick on the dash. I was told it isn't necessary anymore, so I skipped it. We drove out Sunday afternoon and talked to nobody at the exit.

Hmmm. So as I mentioned earlier, back in May, we online checked in and NEVER went to the front desk the entire stay and we were charged parking. It seems even back then they were tracking via MB when you drive up. So guests getting around parking fees while staying onsite must have been flat out lying to the gate guards. Devious! pirate:

p.png

sure hope you are right about that. seems to me if there is a potential loophole somewhere Disney will find a way to get through it.

Nope. There’s been extensive discussion about this on the DIS DVC boards (search “parking” on the DVC Resorts board), and the only way to do it would be so legally complicated that it’s just not feasible.

Hmmm. So as I mentioned earlier, back in May, we online checked in and NEVER went to the front desk the entire stay and we were charged parking. It seems even back then they were tracking via MB when you drive up. So guests getting around parking fees while staying onsite must have been flat out lying to the gate guards. Devious! pirate:

p.png

I think it's just hit or miss (although I'm sure many people do lie to get around it). I was honest with everyone, booked a rental car onsite with Disney Car Care, went to the front desk to get a shuttle to Car Care Center (although I did cancel shuttle and get uber because it was quicker), and told the rental company which resort I was staying at when they asked and scanned my band every time I went into the resort. I don't know if it's because I didn't have a car the first and last day or what but no deception from me. They just haven't figured out a good system yet to charge people.

Since we booked before they started the parking policy do we need to go to the front desk to make sure they don't charge us, or will they just know from our reservation?

yes i believe you are correct. every resort that you are not staying at with DVC points you would need to pay parking at to park your car. the exception is if you have a reservation at one of their table service restaurants. your best bet is using disney transportation to get where you are going.

This is not correct. The resort parking fees are for overnight guests not those driving to a resort for ADRs or to check out the resort. As a DVC member he OP will not have to pay the resort parking fee and should be able to use their car to drive to other resorts for ADRs. Disney does have the right to turn you away from the parking lots if you are only parking for an ADR or to check out the resort. They do this some times at the MK resorts(especially Contemp & BLT) and the Epcot resorts, that is why they suggest you take Disney transportation for dining at other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!