Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by rteetz, Oct 30, 2018.

1. snappy

snappy Survivor

I would check your account on MDE every day so you catch it right away if they charge parking fees.

I checked it nightly to see what we charged on our magic bands to eat etc.

lambdabeta likes this.
  2. DVC4US

DVC4US DVC Member Since 1998

This is probably why you were turned away. Disney seems to be pretty strict with parking at the Contemporary & BLT due to it's proximity to MK. We have seen numerous people here on the DIS boards asking if they eat at one of the MK or Epcot resorts can they leave their car parked in the lot and just go into the a park and this is a very small percentage of the visitors to the parks. Personally, I wish they would enforce it more at BWV - can't tell you the number of times I have seen the parking lot full during the day but empty out after Illuminations.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

Looks like they want guests to use Disney transportation if they plan to go to a resort that isn't their own (at least one that has easy access to a park or parks). Or a ride share service. I can understand cracking down on no-ADR parking at the Contemporary where it's easy to just walk over to MK.

marcyleecorgan, vinotinto and DVC4US like this.
  5. JasonMouse

JasonMouse Mouseketeer

Why was this thread promoted to the newsfeed? It's complete nonsense.

6. snappy

snappy Survivor

Maybe to give a heads up to guests that have been flying under the radar.

7. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

That's ridiculous! It sounds like Disney World needs to implement a resort wide take-a-ticket type system. Like Disneyland has. Take it beyond verifying if the ADR exists. If a car is there after X amount of hours, charges start to incur up to a daily max of $50 or something. Lose your ticket? $50. Resort guest who paid for parking? Just scan your magic band. (Also, that's like Disneyland. Scan the room key on exit instead of dealing with a ticket. The hotel can see at what times your room key scanned in and out for your car.)

8. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

DVC or not, they do not charge anyone visiting a resort for the day. They are only charging for overnight parking.

Lilsia, Dean Marino and DVC4US like this.
  9. Oliviaxxx

Oliviaxxx Mouseketeer

Increase the room price to cover parking fees? I don't think so. A lot of people fly and use Disney transportation and never park. Why should their room price go up?

Lilsia, sfbank, Hopefully and 3 others like this.
  10. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

They do get free transport from the airport to the resort and back. Why are people being charged to park while those that fly get free transportation?

djc9699, Madame, lambdabeta and 7 others like this.
  11. snappy

snappy Survivor

Disney plan to keep people in the bubble and only give their money to Disney.

My new plan is to use ME to get to BWV, then walk to the Dolphin and rent a car. As DVC we don’t pay resort Parking and as annual pass holder we don’t pay to park at a park.

If Disney buys out the rental companies, I am in trouble

pattyw likes this.
  12. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

Because Disney likes it when you are trapped in the bubble and wants to discourage you from keeping a car around that enables you to leave the bubble...

Just a guess...

13. Wubar

Wubar Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.

Because you are parking a car in their lot?

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  14. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

Parking a car in their lot was free for over 40 years. Why does it suddenly cost money? And why does it cost more at deluxes than at Values? Pretty sure the value of the concrete isn’t different at the different resorts.

jodifla, Jaime4004, Madame and 7 others like this.
  15. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

Without my car, I wouldn’t be going to Disney at all. I’m seriously considering staying offsite in the future due to the parking fees.

16. Mazz519

Mazz519 Registered DVC Gold

Being a DVC member the parking overnight doesn't affect us but to be honest I can't believe that they are doing this now, sort of makes sense on a business stance but think its a total slap in the face for all Disney fans.... As I understand you can park at any resort as long as you have a ADR or wanting to visit say Boardwalk am I correct ???

17. snappy

snappy Survivor

Do they charge to park at Disney springs? I generally avoid that place like the plague as both bussing there and driving there has been a nightmare. I don’t need any more choices to eat or shop so unless there is live music or live entertainment of some type I am not going to go there even with free parking, but I am curious. In the olden days we used to go there just for ice cream at ghiradelli’s but now I prefer Ample Hills.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  18. Wubar

Wubar Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.

Nope, it isn't. And a bottle of water that costs maybe a dollar in most places costs $4 inside Disney borders. They decide on their prices and charge accordingly, and can obviously start charging for things that were previously free. Perhaps charging for DME is coming soon as well. Who knows? I'm sure Disney knew in advance that charging for parking wasn't going to be a popular decision, and did it anyway. The bottom line will tell if all of those people fed up with being nickeled and dimed actually stay away from Disney. I doubt it.

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  19. snappy

snappy Survivor

They may still go but I bet they scale back on something.

20. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I really don't think they thought through (seems to happen often) how complicated it could be to track since so many visitors arrive at their resorts for so many different reasons and diff modes of transportation.

Searc likes this.
  21. pens4821

pens4821 DIS Veteran

Anyone ever have 2 cars for one room since they started charging for parking? We will be coming from different areas in January so will have 2 cars.