Resort Fee at the Dolphin provides....?

Kapp

<font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am
What all do you receive for this wonderful, mandatory fee?

Newspaper, coffee, use of health club. It used to be optional. I really don't understand why they don't just roll it into the room rate, since it mandatory. After all, they don't charge a mandatory fee for housekeeping - it's part of the room rate. Maybe there is a reason, but it comes across as sort of sneaky - making the room sound cheaper than it really is.

One thing - the resort fee is not taxed.

Actually the resort fee is taxed. The fee is 9 something plus tax which brings it to $10.

As to what you get for it, who knows? There are things in life I have just decided to accept and not worry about.

It seems maybe a year ago, you used to be able to say I do not want the morning newspaper, nor will I drink the coffee, etc. so please do not charge me the fee, and they would remove it. We were just there in May and warnings that you will be charged the fee were posted all over the place before we reserved, as we reserved, as we checked in etc. etc. etc., so I felt cheezy asking to remove the fee and didn't. I wasn't sure if they would anymore.

Oh well...the S/D have really had good deals even if you factor that in, so I guess I can live with it. I do agree it is somewhat 'sneaky' tho...

My DW and DD stayed at the Swan last summer and were charged the fee. The fee at the time was $8.00 a day and entitled you to a USA today Monday-Friday only, free coffee, and for me the most important item was free local calls. I needed to dial into the Internet daily to check in with my work. Being charged each time I dialed in would have been a real drag. Since most hotels charge a rate per local call, we probably ended up breaking even with the $8.00 fee. Personally, I’m not sure why hotels charge for local calls. I can maybe understand charging for high speed Internet, but making a simple local call shouldn’t cost the hotel anything. Why it’s passed onto the consumer is beyond me.

Including the items mentioned above the fee now includes 24 hr high speed Internet access in your room. I have paid up to $13 per day for this service at other hotels so to me it lessens the pain out of the mandatory resort fee.

It amazes me that people pay a $10 fee then say that they get 'free' coffee and 'free' newspapers! It ain't free if you paid for it. BTW, I was able to waive the fee last Nov., but I guess I'll just have to accept those freebies next trip.

Bill From PA

There is always another option to paying this fee. Stay at a different Epcot area resort that does not charge this fee.
But you will not have free local calling, high speed internet access, etc.....

The "fee" is not part of the room rate because it is taxed at a lower rate, by breaking it out this way it actually cost less to you than just raising the rate $10.00

I've become accustomed to this type of "fee" at many different resorts not just Swan and Dolphin, in fact the last time we stayed at the Grand Hotel on Makinaw island the "fee" was $28.00 a day and you got nothing for it that I could tell.

When I booked my trip for this Aug. At the time of my booking which was sept. I told them that i wanted no resort fee listed on my confirmation and it was. So im sure that there are still ways to get it removed. Of course when I get there in Aug. I hope I dont have to get a manager to get it removed since its clearly stated on my confirmation. :) Ill post back and let you know if they honored it or not.

Going Aug. 8th - 22nd will be at the swan.

Adam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter