Resort Change by Disney

To clarify- did you ask to move to Poly or call and use the words "request" or "modify" to another resort? Did they offer to move you anywhere without charge? It seems like people are reporting that if you ask to go to a specific resort, you have to pay the difference whereas if you just take whatever they give you, there is no charge.

I stated why I was calling, which was that the resort I was in would not be open on my dates. She confirmed that and started naming all of the resorts, in every category, which had availability during my dates. Poly was our first choice, so I said that and she put it in and gave me our new price. Like I said, had I taken whatever they gave me, I am sure I would have been put into BCV or something else, which was closer to the YC price, without being charged, but I am not 100% sure. I think they are giving the same discount you always had and then probably matching you to something else, if you tell them you don't care.

I stated why I was calling, which was that the resort I was in would not be open on my dates. She confirmed that and started naming all of the resorts, in every category, which had availability during my dates. Poly was our first choice, so I said that and she put it in and gave me our new price. Like I said, had I taken whatever they gave me, I am sure I would have been put into BCV or something else, which was closer to the YC price, without being charged, but I am not 100% sure. I think they are giving the same discount you always had and then probably matching you to something else, if you tell them you don't care.

Thanks for updating. This is all so confusing. We check in in 3 weeks and I can't get through the phone lines. I just want to know what to expect. At this point, I don't even care anymore where I am at. I just want to the uncertainty to end and to have a chance to get back my cancelled Savi's Workshop Lightsaber reservations.

I signed into My Plans in MDE browser (not app). There is a button at the top to make reservations. It takes you to a timed loading screen with Space Mountain on it. When the timer runs out (it may add more time, rewind, or stay on 0:00 for a bit), you are taken to a page to choose a party, then park, then arrival time, then accept acknowledgement for Covid Liability, and submit.
I keep getting a white screen after the space mountain countdown. Has happened 4 times

I am posting to update with my experience. Called right at 7am ET (6am my time), got through on the phone after 2 hours 5 minutes of wait time. We were booked at CBR, August 8-14 with the 35% from free dining. Even though my resort was open for my dates, they still let me upgrade to the Poly Villas and keep my 35% off (this was important to us, because we had planned on multiple water park days and without those, really wanted a deluxe resort with a nice pool to use on the days we had planned to go to the water parks).

I was NOT able to add a day to my theme park ticket (to either the original or modified resorts), as they said no ticket modifications are allowed at this time except to remove park hopper or the water parks and sports option (I had the latter). I did have to remove my water parks and sports option to switch resorts because it was no longer offered, which seems an ever stronger indication that the water parks will be closed.

I had booked my park passes before the resort change and as of now they are still showing up in MDE, so looks like you don't lose your passes if you modify.

Good luck everyone! Time for me to chug some coffee after my all nighter and go to work.

*Edited to clarify that my change was to the Poly Villas (DVC) as the Poly non-DVC is closed until Aug. 12.

I'm currently on hold to modify my dates/resort (original trip in few weeks: July 7-12 with the free dining package at ASsports). Just double checking... I can change my dates up to September 2021 correct?

Has anyone been modified yet today under the new system. I am going to keep my July dates, but want to get a hotel that will be confirmed open (CBR is not open). Wondering what options are and if they can actually move us for free. Been on hold 55 minutes waiting for CM. Will take anything, but just trying to be prepared for this lets make a deal game i'm about to play.

After the hour+ struggle of making park reservations I finally got those schedule. For anyone that keeps getting the pink castle and space mountain try booking a dining reservation first and then click on the Park Pass link. It has worked for me and several others. Then I just cancelled my dining reservation.

Also, I am currently on hold to find out where my personal Poly trip will be moved to. I will report back with information as soon as I find out.

After the hour+ struggle of making park reservations I finally got those schedule. For anyone that keeps getting the pink castle and space mountain try booking a dining reservation first and then click on the Park Pass link. It has worked for me and several others. Then I just cancelled my dining reservation.

Also, I am currently on hold to find out where my personal Poly trip will be moved to. I will report back with information as soon as I find out.

What number did you call? Been calling all morning and cant even get through

Can anyone clarify what the cancellation policy would be for arrivals in September 2020. I've heard conflicting information.

Yes. BUT if they try and tell you that you have to pay to move to a new one or cancel don't listen to them. At least not yet. There has been a lot of conflicting information and if the information I (and my agency) received is not correct then everyone here should be reporting the same information and there will be zero instances of guests moving at no cost.

Again, I truly think that guests will be moved at no cost.

It would be nice but lots of reports yesterday that people will no longer be getting the move without a charge.

But, let’s hope someone does. My TA friend has been told charge today as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter