Resort arcade comparable to DQ?

ImpossibleOfMe

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what kinds of games are at the resort arcades? I've looked at pictures but it's hard to tell what there is other than air hockey.

I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it for us to add WPF&M.

The biggest thing is DH and DS are into video games.
The last time I was at DQ was 5 years ago and I can't remember much about the game selection.
DS won't be able to do any of the virtual reality things and with a baby in tow I will be limited too so it is only the arcade games that we will play.

The rest of the WP options are not much for us considering time of year and having the baby - so if there are newer games, and possibly different games at different resorts, we rather save the money and play at the resort.

At three years old, your son is a bit young for Disney Quest. It's really meant for preteens, teens and adults. Lots of the older arcade games, virtual reality games, etc. It's not Chuckie Cheese.

Try it in a few years. Or you take the kids for a while and let your husband pay out of pocket for DQ and play for a few hours.

It totally depends on where you are staying. my son is 5, first trip at 4.

The best arcades for little kids are at AoA, POP, POR, Contemprorary. If you are near any of these you dont need to look elsewhere.

CBR, WL, AKL, are ok if that is where staying but not worth travelling to.

Poly and GF are terrible for someone so young.

DQ is not worth it for one so young there is only one floor and part of that really suitable. You would be better off with a trip to AoA and POP to play games and also see resorts, lots of fun for a little boy lots to see.

At HS there is pizza planet, at MK there is exit from space mountain both have arcades.

I totally agree with the PP...save your money..-(well, sorta save... Keep in mind that many of the games will be included with your DQ ticket, whereas you'll be recharging your game card at the resort game rooms.) Don't get me wrong...we really enjoy going to DQ, but the situation is quite different for our older kids.
POR is pretty good for arcade gms.

Thanks everyone :)

I have had so much trouble finding info on the resort arcades that I really wasn't sure. I was able to find AoA and PoP arcade tours on youtube yesterday so I think we will check them both out.

We are staying at PoP and plan to walk over to AoA so he can get pictures with the Cars.
Even though we will be paying per game I think it will still be much cheaper than DQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter