Resort Airline Check-In & DME Vs. MinnieVan

tonyhb12

Mouseketeer
I did some searching, but couldn't find the answer to my question below.

I am trying to avoid the Tragical Express and gain a little more time on our last day.

If I do resort airline check-in for our bags before checking out in the AM and then decide to take a MinnieVan to MCO, would our bags be unaffected?

We would skip DME and just order a MinnieVan from the park that we are in.

My thought is that our bags are not attached to a person actually getting on the DME as they just check your letter when you board.

I do realize regular Uber/Lyft are an option. However, we need 2 car seats.

TIA

I agree. Depending on the time we get for DME. It saves on traveling from park to hotel as well.

If I get DME at 3.5 hours pre-flight. I would probably leave the park 4.5 hours pre-flight.

Where as I would order a minnie van for pick-up 2.5 hours pre-flight. With resort airline check-in it's straight to security.

I agree. Depending on the time we get for DME. It saves on traveling from park to hotel as well.

If I get DME at 3.5 hours pre-flight. I would probably leave the park 4.5 hours pre-flight.

Where as I would order a minnie van for pick-up 2.5 hours pre-flight. With resort airline check-in it's straight to security.
That would be 2 extra hours, but cutting it a little close on airport transfer. 1.5 hours probably to be safe.

One thing with getting picked up at the park is what do you do with your carry on bag? No rolling bags are allowed into the parks. Plus, anything you take into the park with you will get searched. Something else to keep in mind.

You can get a car service likeTiffany Towncars , one way to the airport with 2 car seats for less than $100. Pickup time is 2 - 2.5 hours before your flight. Minnie Van is very overpriced.

Our last trip in December we checked our bags & then carried a backpack with the few things we needed that day.
After Disney Springs we went to Epcot for a late lunch. While at lunch we decided rather than rushing back to the resort to catch magical express we would check Uber prices.
We were able to enjoy a long lunch & do a few more things at Epcot then we took Uber for about $40 which included tip!
Definitely the way to go on our next trip.

Our last trip in December we checked our bags & then carried a backpack with the few things we needed that day.
After Disney Springs we went to Epcot for a late lunch. While at lunch we decided rather than rushing back to the resort to catch magical express we would check Uber prices.
We were able to enjoy a long lunch & do a few more things at Epcot then we took Uber for about $40 which included tip!
Definitely the way to go on our next trip.
We love doing RAC then just going to a park or something on our last day and Ubering direct to the airport without having to worry about returning to the hotel. It really extends that final day which is especially nice on a short trip. And with all of us having TSA Pre we are comfortable leaving for the airport 2 hours before out flight.

One thing with getting picked up at the park is what do you do with your carry on bag? No rolling bags are allowed into the parks. Plus, anything you take into the park with you will get searched. Something else to keep in mind.

This does bring up a question for me because it is something that we've wondered. We will each have two carry-ons. I've thought about maybe getting a locker, but I'm not sure if our rolling bags will fit....plus the lockers are inside the park, right? (I've never paid a lot of attention, but since we want to do RAC, I'm trying to work on the logistics.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!