• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reserve a spot to get through airport security in Orlando

I’m excited about this and plan to use it if I can get my ducks in a row.

Do I understand this correctly - it’s only used for AM flights ?? Or did I not comprehend this ? The way I read it was appointments were 5 to 11 am currently ?? I was wanting to try this but have a very late flight
thanks !

Interesting.. I am not sure if I like it or not. I usually have SOME idea of when I will be there +/- a bit. So I guess it depends how big a window you get and how long the line takes when you have a reservation. Right now it really doesn't take THAT long.

I signed up and shortly after got a message to sign up for a Clear account. Getting a reservation this time may be free, but there's no way I'm dealing with Clear after having all of my biometric and PII data already compromised.

I signed up and shortly after got a message to sign up for a Clear account. Getting a reservation this time may be free, but there's no way I'm dealing with Clear after having all of my biometric and PII data already compromised.

Was it compromised through Clear or someone else? Just curious, since we had Clear accounts for a short time while waiting for Global Entry renewals.

It was compromised through OPM (I work for the government). When I asked a Clear representative about security measures taken to protect people's information, I was not particularly comforted by his response.

We have found the TSA Pre helps a great deal getting us out of MCO most of the time. And not just MCO, but MCO is usually one of the worst. Interesting to see if this 'reservation' thing pans out.

MCO is the reason we bought TSA precheck. Luckily, all of the lines have improved, but the non-precheck lines were such a cluster for a while. Remember when they used to loop all over the place and they would move the ropes all of the time. You couldn't tell where anything went unless you were actually in the line.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't see the point in this. It just seems like one other hoop to jump through. People are going to be going through security an hour or two prior to their flight. The airport has flight schedules, so I guess I just don't get what's to schedule / reserve. As others have mentioned, it just seems as if they are setting up a "pay to pass the line" system in the future.

We have pre-check anyway so it's immaterial to us, but I just thought the whole thing was kind of odd.

Was it compromised through Clear or someone else? Just curious, since we had Clear accounts for a short time while waiting for Global Entry renewals.

It was compromised through OPM (I work for the government). When I asked a Clear representative about security measures taken to protect people's information, I was not particularly comforted by his response.

I worked for a subcontractor for clear on their previous iteration before their first bankruptcy. They had a data breach at that time that was entirely their fault (an unsecured laptop was stolen). I have no idea about the "new" systems they have in place. But I have never been a big fan of the business model anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter