Reservations for SWGE at WDW?

I haven't read to much on the virtual queue system for DL, but isn't it that it goes "live" once the land hits capacity? then on the app it will say something like "the land is full enter our virtual queue" and then give a time to come back?
Meaning you can't show up at 6am and expect the virtual queue to be up and running

yeah, and that is the challenging part to my brain as a planner - not knowing when the land will fill up and if I would get in right away or have a return time for "sometime" later or maybe not even get one. Sort of the aspect of the old paper FP- system I didn't like

yeah, and that is the challenging part to my brain as a planner - not knowing when the land will fill up and if I would get in right away or have a return time for "sometime" later or maybe not even get one. Sort of the aspect of the old paper FP- system I didn't like
yeah seriously hard to plan

And, this is why we haven't purchased air fare yet. I am waiting for ANY announcement on how they are handling AP previews prior to opening (if there will be any), land reservations and/or VIP tours (have one booked for 8/30). I feel like it's all a crap shoot at this point and I'm happy to move dates and resorts around to accommodate any one of those three possibilities. If it really is a free-for-all, we will wait and go another time.

The biggest thing I noticed about the wristbands was that they marked them so that you could only ride MFSR once...
No matter what they come up with that will be key to avoid super long wait times for that ride. You don't want people getting right back in line in front of others that have a later entrance time.
I haven't heard that at all. On one podcast I listen to they were there opening day and one of the guys said he managed to ride MFSR three times! At some point did they stop allowing repeat rides?

I haven't read to much on the virtual queue system for DL, but isn't it that it goes "live" once the land hits capacity? then on the app it will say something like "the land is full enter our virtual queue" and then give a time to come back?
Meaning you can't show up at 6am and expect the virtual queue to be up and running
The hours for opening day tho ARE 6am-10am so it would be up and running that early.

The hours for opening day tho ARE 6am-10am so it would be up and running that early.
But from my understanding you can only enter the virtual queue once the land is completely full, they won't open it before. Meaning if you arrive at 6am the queue will not be operational

But from my understanding you can only enter the virtual queue once the land is completely full, they won't open it before. Meaning if you arrive at 6am the queue will not be operational
If the land isn’t already full. The virtual queue could be in place say at 6:05 if that many people show up at 6AM.

Ah yea that does make sense I suppose. Like you've said multiple times, guess we'll have to wait and see haha

Well.. WDW just added a whole other level of fun to this whole thing.

I just read on Touring Plans that all rides at DHS will now be tier 1. Shows are tier 2. Eta: starting Aug 29th

Well.. WDW just added a whole other level of fun to this whole thing.

I just read on Touring Plans that all rides at DHS will now be tier 1. Shows are tier 2. Eta: starting Aug 29th

There's a whole thread devoted to this change with a lot of unhappy people!

I think Disney has a ton of options on the table on how this is going to rollout. My guess at the end of June is when they make the final decision.

One can agree the DL model seemed to work perfectly for them. I mean, i’m Looking at wait times and it’s 15min for Smugglers run. Who would ever have thought!

Won't Early Morning hours overrun SWGE in short order? That's a lot of folks with access to the new land. So if you arrive at 7am for early entry, will you get a return time of say 4pm? Will they allow SWGE to fill for the day during early entry? If not they will have to cap early entry and if you arrive at say 7am you just get put in the normal opening line. Either that or SWGE will be total bantha fodder for early entry.

Wow, this put a huge cog in our plans as we planned our stay at WDW BEFORE the dates for WDW were announced, we have ADR's for HS, lunch, dinner, if the park hits capacity then are we out of luck? Just my luck to plan a WDW vacation and the day we planned for our HS day was the 29th......:sad2: now all of this is tossed in our basket, I am excited to see SWGE but man at what cost, I guess I can say good thing for park hoppers.......

Wow, this put a huge cog in our plans as we planned our stay at WDW BEFORE the dates for WDW were announced, we have ADR's for HS, lunch, dinner, if the park hits capacity then are we out of luck? Just my luck to plan a WDW vacation and the day we planned for our HS day was the 29th......:sad2: now all of this is tossed in our basket, I am excited to see SWGE but man at what cost, I guess I can say good thing for park hoppers.......
If you have an ADR you are fine unless the park hits Phase 4.

You will only be locked out of DHS if it hits stage 4 (last stage) the park might hit it but it might only be for a couple of hours before they reopen it

If you have an ADR you are fine unless the park hits Phase 4.
You will only be locked out of DHS if it hits stage 4 (last stage) the park might hit it but it might only be for a couple of hours before they reopen it

So I take it stage4 is CRAZY crowds, do you happen to know how often this happens....??

Debating to move our HS day due to the expected crowds and it seems like WDW is going to wing it with the crowds......Dont really want to get stuck in a super huge line like the Harry Potter ones when that opened.....

So I take it stage4 is CRAZY crowds, do you happen to know how often this happens....??

Debating to move our HS day due to the expected crowds and it seems like WDW is going to wing it with the crowds......Dont really want to get stuck in a super huge line like the Harry Potter ones when that opened.....
Stage 4 hasn't happened at WDW in years and was on a holiday (NYE I think?). Its certainly possible to happen but not a guarantee so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last time was MK April 7th 2009.

Won't Early Morning hours overrun SWGE in short order? That's a lot of folks with access to the new land. So if you arrive at 7am for early entry, will you get a return time of say 4pm? Will they allow SWGE to fill for the day during early entry? If not they will have to cap early entry and if you arrive at say 7am you just get put in the normal opening line. Either that or SWGE will be total bantha fodder for early entry.

This is an interesting question. It seems like in theory the land could fill up for the day before the park even opens to off site guests.

I assume they are waiting until the reservation period is over at DL before making announcements on how things will be done at WDW. However I would definitely like more details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter