Reservation for Rent: Boardwalk Villas, September 1st-5th 2022, Studio - Standard View, $1599

Status
Not open for further replies.
at $1599 it’s $34/point? For 44 points?

That seems a bit high given that it’s std view and one cannot cancel a week in advance (which is why I would go direct through DW).
Not going to argue, I have it priced more in line with room prices rather than a straight points valuation, and since standard-view is less points, it magnifies that effect. My problem is I have to try and book a replacement vacation with the rental money so I price it closer to what the room actually costs but significantly discounted. To your point, if I could get a Boardwalk room at the same price through Disney directly that would be the way to go no question. The risk involved with points and the lack of cancellation isn't worth it.

Here's the trouble for me though. It costs $125 to list the reservation here, Paypal will take another $50 in fees and I'm at right around $400 for annual fees, which is crazy since I only have 50 points. So I'm looking at $575 off the rental fee and have to try and use what's left to fund a trip on some other dates. I can't use points since I have such a small contract. Ironically my best bet is probably to rent someone else's points but it's too close in to get any availability for most of the fall at an Epcot property. Even if I did it definitely wouldn't be a standard view so would cost way quite a bit more. So most likely I'll end up using cash for other dates at the Dolphin as the closest I can get. Hopefully, I should still be able to get a room there for around $1200, 🤞 I haven't checked prices again recently.

Disney actually has a promotion right now for Disney+ subscribers that would get you 25% off the room at Boardwalk and is valid for these dates. I checked and they do still have Garden View at the Boardwalk Inn available to book. As you mentioned that can be canceled up until August 27th so it allows cancellation even closer than a full week. I think it's maybe 5 days? 👍

Problem is that rate is still coming out to $2020 after the taxes. The room rate is only $448 rate but gets knocked up another $200+ with the taxes for four nights. Without that promotion (not sure when it started but it's a nice deal for just having a streaming service) a Standard View at the Boardwalk Inn was pricing out at just under $2,600 (and still is actually). So I had been priced at a much more substantial $1000 off Disney pricing until that discount started. Now I'll probably have to price drop unless they book out completely (promotion goes through July for stays through the end of Sept). At a certain point though I just would rather offer the reservation to family or friends if we aren't going to have enough to rebook our own (downgraded) travel.
Anyway, that's a long-winded explanation:mic:, but I did want to say :thanks:for asking about/discussing the price politely. Some people get angry and act as if I owe them something. I have to get up every day for a week or more on the morning of the 11-month booking window to try and get this category at Boardwalk. It's the only way I can make use of our small contract effectively, and even that is tough now with the recalibrated points chart. I'm not out here trying to establish a for-profit rental empire with my 50 points a year contract. 🤑

I appreciate why it's not a good price from a $/pt perspective, but you can't book these rooms with points right now so it's a moot point (pun intended). I know that because I can't find anything to replace our original reservation that way. 🙁 Anyway, thanks for posting. I hope you find something that works out for you and thanks again for keeping it friendly!

Last edited:
Hi - Is there anyway to add a night at the end? TIA!
So first up here are confirmed nights from the forum sponsor for the 5th-6th:

1656514264146.png

Now taking a look at available resorts for the 5-6th to book with DVC points:

Boardwalk only has a 1 bedroom garden/pool view available, 26 pts

Saratoga springs has a studio standard for 10pts as an option.
Bay Lake has a studio but lots more points because it's theme park view, 18.
Boulder Ridge has a studio for 13 points.

Also tons of options that are not studios but all other properties.

Here's the availability tool for that date from DVC rental. It's a good way to check availability if you don't have a DVC membership.

https://dvcrentalstore.com/guests/a...=9/5/2022&checkOut=9/6/2022&occupancy=2|2|0|0

Oh! I just thought you could also try and add a night cash as well! I don't know if you can get the Disney+ rate for just one night though.

They do have studios for $519 plus tax a night. So I think that would be about $560 for that last night but I'm not sure if you could assure to get blocked all in the same room. If you could get 25% off for Disney+ that might be an option but I can't find that rate when I'm looking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter