Reservation for Rent: Boardwalk Villas, September 1st-5th 2022, Studio - Standard View, $1599

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterK987

Earning My Ears
DVC Platinum
Another year, another Disney trip screwed up by my wife's work schedule. Renting our reservation so we can book travel when she's no longer blacked-out on vacation days at work.

Disney's Boardwalk Villas
Deluxe Studio - Standard View
Check-in: Thursday September 1st, 2022
Check-out: Monday September 5th, 2022

This is a high price per point because the standard view studios require fewer points, however, it's still a steal compared to regular reservation pricing. Rooms are running $519 a night and totaling just under $2,600 for these dates in this room type once you pay all the taxes. If you want to stay somewhere nearby that still gets Disney perks and is a bit cheaper I would recommend the Swan and Dolphin properties next door. You should be able to get these same dates there for around $1,200 with taxes and fees. If you want the Disney property experience though this is a way to save some money on the room reservation.

The 50th Anniversary of Magic Kingdom will still be going on through March and Food & Wine Fest starts in July now so both will be happening. As of today all the parks are still available on the days in question but do **make sure you are making your park reservations as well**. You don't want to wait too long and have a hotel and tickets but no park access. Hopefully, maybe things will relax some by then but better to plan for this being the new normal.

I can do payment through Paypal or Venmo and I think I have an old rental template around I can dig up and we can sign if you like, so you have some specific written terms. I'd be doing the rental as non-refundable, but I am fine about changing the reservation guests later (the same terms apply to any new guests). If you are worried about hurricanes or COVID resurgence, etc, I'd strongly suggest travel insurance, I can make you a receipt if needed for that purpose. FYI, there is definitely probably no way you'll be able to modify or add/remove dates, things are very booked up.

Please PM me with any questions. If you don't have access please refer to the sticky about using the PM feature at the top of the board. I've copied the details below as well, your account must be 24 hours old and have ten posts, not in the Rent/Trade.

Thank you,
Peter K.

Copying in the instructions from the sticky in case anyone else needs them:

The DIS provides a private conversation system (PM) for correspondence between posters. Since email and phone numbers are NOT ALLOWED to be posted on the Rent/Trade board or transmitted by any other means including posting on other DIS forums or Profile Posts, we suggest that posters use this private and secure conversation system to convey such information helpful in rental transactions.

You must be registered for 24 hours and have a minimum of ten (10) posts on non-DVC Rent/Trade Boards in order to use this system. We would encourage you to go to our Technical Support/Test Forum where you can reach that minimum easily. Please do not do so in the rental threads on this board as those posts will not count towards the required minimum.

Once you have reached 10 posts it can take an hour or so for the system to recognize the post count. It will NOT be an immediate response to the 10th post. You can see how many posts you have that will count towards 10 by hovering your cursor on your username and check the box at the lower left where it says 'Messages:'. If that number is lower than 10, you still need additional posts.

To contact another poster, click on their username and in the pop-up box, click on ‘Start a Conversation’. To open your ‘Inbox’, hover over ‘Inbox’ to view the recent contents and click on a new conversation to open or click on ‘Start a New Conversation’. Personal information (email, etc.) may be securely conveyed using this conversation system.

EMAILS AND PHONE NUMBERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PUBLIC POSTS ON THIS BOARD OR BY ANY OTHER MEANS EXCEPT THE DIS CONVERSATION SYSTEM (PM).

Why is your PPP so astronomical? 55pp? 20pp is about the most anyone offers, and the first week in September is the slowest (and least expensive) time during the entire year. At 44 points for the length of stay, at $20pp, you’re looking at $828 for your stay based on what people normally charge, MAX.

We are looking to book this exact time frame, but not at $1000 over the market price. If you’re willing to price normally, we may be interested in your reservation.

Why is your PPP so astronomical? 55pp? 20pp is about the most anyone offers, and the first week in September is the slowest (and least expensive) time during the entire year. At 44 points for the length of stay, at $20pp, you’re looking at $828 for your stay based on what people normally charge, MAX.

We are looking to book this exact time frame, but not at $1000 over the market price. If you’re willing to price normally, we may be interested in your reservation.

Hi Macrom75, definitely get what you mean (although I believe your math is a bit off :) ). The combination of it being a standard view and the time of year ends up making it a low number of points for a room comparably. That then makes the price per point inflated. Also I usually factor in someone requesting a discount ;) so I don't expect to end up at that rate.

The real driver is I have to try and replace our vacation (we can't travel on these dates) with the funds from this rental. We have an extremely small contract, so I have to work hard to get a standard view reservation to get much use out of it. We actually used to travel during October but that became much more popular and now we are basically priced out of going that time of year with our points. So with the cost to list the reservation here and my annual maintenance costs I have a fair amount of costs baked in. To top it off, I usually have to pay a cash rate since DVC reservations aren't available closer in and I can't use my points or rent.

If you are looking to rent points I think you'll find lots of people right where you quoted. I actually highly recommend the forum sponsor as they are a really easy way to do so. They actually do have some confirmed reservations over your dates as well, but the dates aren't a perfect match.

1654544835211.png

For points rooms they have availability at several properties for exactly your dates. Obviously you probably don't need a 2 Bedroom if you are looking at my listing but the Standard view 1 Bedroom could be nice and you'd have a ton of space.

1654544027828.png

Additionally, I saw they points availability with everyday, but Sunday for some stuido reservations. You'd just have to waitlist for the last night or be willing to hop around a bit (I'm not sure if Disney will still move your luggage for you between resorts). There were a ton more partial options I just grabbed a cap of some of the most reasonable.

1654544594737.png
Personally I'm having to look at cash rates to replace our dates and I'm finding that while the Boardwalk is crazy over your dates (standard view Boardwalk Inn below):

1654545016484.png

There seem to be some really reasonable rates at the Carribean and Port Orleans that I'm looking at personally. Most of those are through Expedia or Hotels (10th night free rewards here) cheapest, but they aren't coming in at much more than the Dolphin right now. Also with the Skyliner the Carribean is particularly tempting, I stayed there as a kid and really remember liking it. Personally we'll probably end up at the Swan or Dolphin. The rooms and hotel aren't as nice as DVC but the pool and food is good and I have status with Marriott so we can save on breakfast at least.

Good luck finding what you are looking for and definitely take a look at forum sponsor to see if they can set you up with something you'd like.

Attachments

• 1654544804233.png
    1654544804233.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 7
Is there any way to add Aug 31st? Sorry it won’t let me pm you
In a standard view that's a long shot but I can check in the morning for you. To get access to PM'ing just post ten times in the test forum (link is above). Then after your account is active for 24 hours you should be able to use the feature.

I'll post again in the morning and let you know what I see.

Is there any way to add Aug 31st? Sorry it won’t let me pm you
Hi Cblanch5! I just checked and Boardwalk is all booked for the 31st. There are some reservations at other properties but most are going to be more points to get booked. Could be fun though to do a night at the Polynesian though for instance. Moving can be a hassle with kids, but if they still move luggage between resorts could be tolerable.

The forum sponsor has an availability tool that will let you see what's out there if you go to their site and hit Guests then Check Availability & Price (oddly they show a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk I didn't see though). They didn't have anything for just the 31st for existing reservations (or for the 31st to the 5th either).

So you have options for the 31st, but nothing that wouldn't break up your stay combined with this reservation. Let me know if I can help you out with anything as you look at your options. I've booked a single night at the Swan/Dolphin before then just walked over to the Boardwalk in the past for my main reservation. Swan is closer than Dolphin for that purpose if you did decide to do so (regular Swan not Swan Reserve).

at $1599 it’s $34/point? For 44 points?

That seems a bit high given that it’s std view and one cannot cancel a week in advance (which is why I would go direct through DW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter