reserv. woes - incentive and AKV not useable

Silly question, but after both sections are open, will there be any difference between if you bought into Jambo or Kidani ?

Assuming that if you bought at either you'll be able to stay in either, correct ?

Thanks,

Chris

Silly question, but after both sections are open, will there be any difference between if you bought into Jambo or Kidani ?

Assuming that if you bought at either you'll be able to stay in either, correct ?

Thanks,

Chris
You are correct. AKV points can be used to book a room in either of the two buildings that make up AKV. AKV points are tied to a specific unit within the resort and that unit might be in Jambo House or Kidani Village but they are still AKV points, not Jambo points or Kidani points.

You are correct. AKV points can be used to book a room in either of the two buildings that make up AKV. AKV points are tied to a specific unit within the resort and that unit might be in Jambo House or Kidani Village but they are still AKV points, not Jambo points or Kidani points.

Thanks Lisa.

It was me who posted about the late April/May trip. Well I am sure if you could do that trip and the rooms weren't ready (which I am pretty sure there would be a good bit that are if that happened) they would have to accomodate you some way some how. However......look at it this way...'YOU GET TWO TRIPS' :thumbsup2
I'm not sure that's true, if the opening of your unit gets pushed back, likely the availability of the points usage would also.

I'm not sure that's true, if the opening of your unit gets pushed back, likely the availability of the points usage would also.

So how far in advance would they let someone know that has May 1st booked as their first day of trip?? So the best thing for the OP is to stay at SSR.

So how far in advance would they let someone know that has May 1st booked as their first day of trip?? So the best thing for the OP is to stay at SSR.
DVC is usually very conservative in this area so I wouldn't feel there was a lot of risk of the resort not being open. Generally they open early, SSR did and some of the AKV points did for sure. The bigger risk is that restaurants aren't open and some of the infrastructure isn't in place. That too I see as a small risk with AKV as it's an all or nothing project for that phase.

I would be willing to bet there are ALOT of new AKV owners out there having these same issues. Can be confusing if you don't understand contracts...GoodLuck pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter