Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

nickoley

Earning My Ears
One of the brokers posted today that they are seeing the resale restriction language changed in the contracts to only now mention Reflections.
Disney has not made any announcements re: this. Just wanted to share.

Attachments

• 817FDE57-A710-40B2-A494-9032E4F249E5.jpeg
    817FDE57-A710-40B2-A494-9032E4F249E5.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 230
So this means that RIV resale owners might be able to stay at RIV AND new resorts from that point on?

So this means that RIV resale owners might be able to stay at RIV AND new resorts from that point on?
That’s what it appears based on this language, but Disney has made no announcement - so hard to know for certain.

That’s what it appears based on this language, but Disney has made no announcement - so hard to know for certain.
Interesting since this is what a guide said to me two weeks ago. I was upset because I thought he was lying to try to get me to buy. Sounds like maybe he was just giving out unreleased information.

I would guess it's just because it is referencing future resorts and Riviera is no longer a future resort.

Or does it mean resale current resale owners that bought after Jan 2019 can now stay at Riv as well?

I would guess it's just because it is referencing future resorts and Riviera is no longer a future resort.

The broker asked Disney to specify which resorts new owner is eligible to book at and they replied including Riv in list. See attachment.

Or does it mean resale current resale owners that bought after Jan 2019 can now stay at Riv as well?

Unknown. I’m in that boat of the post Jan 2019 and so far not able to on dvc site.
The broker doesn’t yet have a client that has points loaded into account with this new wording in their contract, so not able to test yet.

Not sure if I’m blind, but that doesn’t that document only talk of direct purchases being used at 14 or 16 DVC resorts. Too many ways to interpret it. Could also be the start of DVC II. We will find out soon. As of right now I wouldn’t buy RIV resale and expect to stay at VGF or any new resort.

Last edited:
It's interesting that it went from saying "14 resorts" to "16 resorts" and that the Animal Kingdom is divided into AKV and AKV2, which I'm presuming means Jambo vs Kidani? Why are they breaking them out as two different resorts? Do they plan on not making them the same "home" in terms of priority and combining points?

Thats what I got out of that. I bought some points resale July 2019 and would love for the points to be available to be used at RIV lol

The broker Facebook page has a Facebook thread going on the topic showing the language before and after too. 14 resorts to now 16 resorts, which for whatever reason has AKL split into two.
Am I allowed to say the exact broker on here? I don’t want to get banned.

On a whim, I tried to make a reservation at Riviera, but only my direct contracts appeared as contracts I could select when making the booking. If Disney is making a change, it's not there yet.

it's in there! (Not accusing you of being blind or anything - LOL!)
I see it now. I was trying to read it on my phone and the writing is a little small. Had to take a pic of it and blow it up. “Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 DVC resorts will only be able to exchange into those 16 resorts. “
To me this sounds like DVC II is on the way with Reflections, DVC tower in CA or whatever they build next. Not sure why they break AKV/L into 2. Prior to RIV they have always stated 14 DVC resorts. RIV would make 15.

The broker Facebook page has a Facebook thread going on the topic showing the language before and after too. 14 resorts to now 16 resorts, which for whatever reason has AKL split into two.
Am I allowed to say the exact broker on here? I don’t want to get banned.
Post the URL to the broker's main website. If it comes through, you're good!

I just bought resale contract and it showed up in August and it definitely can not be used for RIV.

Honestly, until it is confirmed by Disney that resale contracts can be used there, I would not buy with that assumption.

It also contradicts itself and as mentioned, AKV is now being considered 2 resorts.

Now, could it mean that changes are coming? Maybe.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!