Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

Does your deed say that? I have one at each (as I can see from my memberships) but I just pulled up both deeds and neither outlines which one they are at.
Disney has not yet actually recorded my deeds. But in my contracts, on the Deed that I signed, it does list "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo " in the upper left hand corner.

For my resale contracts, it doesn't seem to specify on the Deed whether it is Jambo or Kidani.

I have a direct contract from Kidani purchased in 2017 and I can't find Kidani mentioned anywhere on there. If you were to look it up in the official record books from the registration of the units then I'm sure it could be figured out but, unless I'm missing it somewhere, I don't see it on the Deed itself.

View attachment 529050

Hmmm. How do you know than it is Kidani? Is it in the other paperwork?

This is the exact wording in my ROFR Waiver from 8/24/20:

Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their
Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A
Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will
only be able to exchange Points into those 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their
Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A
Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will
If RIV is included in those 16, then it appears even resale at RIV can book at other resorts. Am I reading that correctly?

This is the wording in my ROFR Waiver as well. I asked my broker to forward it to me today. I passed on 9/22.

Then I’m not sure why your copy of the deed does t list it. Most of what I’ve read over the years is that it did which is why it shows in the website like that.

They both auto-select as my home resorts and I can switch between them in my dashboard. That was how I found out that we owned at each. It really makes no difference but is just something fun to know that we own at each.

20200930_153603.png20200930_153629.png

If RIV is included in those 16, then it appears even resale at RIV can book at other resorts. Am I reading that correctly?

That is how I am reading it as well. I am in the process of emailing DVC right now to get information as a RIV owner.

It will probably be awhile before I get a response but this is a change to the POS, if true, and therefore want to know if we will get updated documents.

So, another speculation to throw out there,

Could resale contracts be given booking rights are a different time? So, could they change it so resale owners can only book RIV and RIV resale owners only book elsewhere at say 5 months and not 7?

That is how I am reading it as well. I am in the process of emailing DVC right now to get information as a RIV owner.

It will probably be awhile before I get a response but this is a change to the POS, if true, and therefore want to know if we will get updated documents.
Hmm Who are you emailing exactly? I'd like to also try to ask as a Riv owner :)

You beat me to it! I was going to get in touch with DVC directly as well. I would love to confirm asap as we are currently considering an add-on purchase.

So, another speculation to throw out there,

Could resale contracts be given booking rights are a different time? So, could they change it so resale owners can only book RIV and RIV resale owners only book elsewhere at say 5 months and not 7?
That sounds like it would be working in reverse from making it easier to understand to back to being more complicated. I don't see that change now. Maybe once they start building more resorts start that trend but I think they might be reversing the restrictions so there isn't just one resort with its own rules.

That sounds like it would be working in reverse from making it easier to understand to back to being more complicated. I don't see that change now. Maybe once they start building more resorts start that trend but I think they might be reversing the restrictions so there isn't just one resort with its own rules.

True. Just wondering if there is more to this change then just a full reversal. I would not put it past Disney to try something different but I do think that when Reflections got scrapped, it forced them to give some thought to the long range plan.

If the exchanges between RIV and the other 14/15 required a fee, would that have to have been included in the language of the waiver? I bet if there is a twist coming, it is an exchange fee.

Would DVC ever lift the restriction from purchasers of the original 14 DVC resorts so they could stay at RIV without lifting the restriction on resold RIV contracts? The change to waviers could be promising for O14 resale purchasers but I am concerned if they would still restrict RIV resale contracts. I am still within my withdrawal period for my direct RIV contract so trying to find out more info before that runs out!

Would DVC ever lift the restriction from purchasers of the original 14 DVC resorts so they could stay at RIV without lifting the restriction on resold RIV contracts? The change to waviers could be promising for O14 resale purchasers but I am concerned if they would still restrict RIV resale contracts. I am still within my withdrawal period for my direct RIV contract so trying to find out more info before that runs out!
If they did this I would think it wouldn’t be a very smart move as in my mind it would further help the general resale market and further hurt direct RIV sales.

facebook twitter